You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 13 Jan 2016

smilezzz

Getting a late equalizer very much feels like a point won, and it was. Arsenal are at the top of the league with a very good squad of players, and going well. We could have won it. We could have lost it. I'll take the draw, especially given our current set of circumstances.

I'd like to see us do better defensively, but we haven't been able to get that side of it together with all the chopping and changing.

It's easy to pick it apart, but I take heart from the fight we showed. We bossed the opening 15-20 minutes, much as we did at the Emirates earlier in the season. But we were never going to keep that intensity going. They are a good team and carved out chances and scored three goals. But the pleasing aspect is that we did too. We are a team that rarely scores more than one these days, so to score three against the league leaders is not to be sniffed at.

I'd be surprised if Mignolet is here for the long haul. I think giving him a new contract protects the value.

Caulker is a loan signing until we can get the player/s Klopp wants in summer. Sensible.

The biggest problem is up front. When Benteke came on we looked disjointed again. If we can find a buyer for him I think he will be gone. In the meantime, I think he will see out this season given injuries to all the others, but I expect a bit of a clear out in summer, with possible Benteke and Sturridge being moved on, but for different reasons.

Anyway, a hard won point today. We drop a place in the table, but we move one point nearer to top four. If we can get a couple more fit and playing, I think we can put something together and maybe contest that fourth CL spot.

Very good post Mr Richards,just about weighs things up.

our aspirations maybe amount to draw at home to Arsenal (when Southampton thumped them 4-0) but it sure as hell feels like being cuckolded- ooh arent we lucky. maybe some people will weigh up all the equations and write lovely prose and fit into that category nicely. i won't. hopefully Klopp won't either

Weird. Clyne is one of the thickest players there.

British football fans see the game in strange ways. 

Depends what you're rating him on for me. Defensively I think Clyne's good and will get better. Going forward he needs to work on his vision for picking a pass, crossing, and shooting. Thankfully though unlike Moreno he knows his shooting is shit so he doesn't pull the trigger from 25-30 yards all the time.

I think Moreno has the opposite problem, he needs to work on his reading of the game and really just his defending overall, but has good crosses in his locker and can spot a pass at times. His shooting accuracy is shit though but he'll hit the odd one from range now and then, which unfortunately encourages him to try it what seems like 8+ times any given game. I think his biggest problem with that is that he hits every shot the same, just raw power without any real regard to accuracy.