You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 13 Jan 2016

smilezzz

Well, seeing as there's no match thread and the game is tonight...

Walcott and Ozil have trained with their first team and both are expected to be involved. Sanchez remains sidelined through injury.

On our side... Well, we all know about our injury issues, so I won't mention that. What I will mention is the acquisition of Caulker on loan. Fans have had a mixed reaction to his signing yesterday. From my perspective, he's definately been brought in as a back up due to the multitude of injuries in our defence. Ilori showed last week that he's definately not match fit, and any smart man would rather have an experienced, dedicated CB rather than makeshifts in Lucas, Enrique or Can there. If it works out, great, if not, he'll go back to his parent club and we won't be here next season complaining about getting rid of more unwanted players.

As with any match recently, I've no idea which Liverpool will show up. Here's hoping for some sort of result from this.

I'll refrain from making a prediction, at this stage, it's just hope that keeps me moving along.

• Upvote 1

interesting to see what team he plays. will caulker start instead of toure if sakho is fit? will he play lucas in midfield instead of one of the more mobile midfielders henderson can and allen. ahead of them who will miss out among milner ibe lallana and firmino. probably the biggest question is does he start with Benteke.

Do we even have any attacking players?

Front three of Lallana, Firmino and Benteke? That's roughly £90m worth of 'talent'... Jesus

Mig

Clyne (two fit CBs) Moreno

Hendo Lucas Can

Firmino Benteke Lallana

Midtable at best

Frigging hell - that really is mediocrity isn't it....and we have spent a fortune to get to that point.

I'll be very surprised if Caulker starts ahead of Toure and an even 85% fit Sakho. Midfield five of Lucas, Henderson, Can, Milner and Lallana in some configuration or other, with Firmino ahead of them. I don't think that Benteke will start this one. 

I'll be very surprised if Caulker starts ahead of Toure and an even 85% fit Sakho. Midfield five of Lucas, Henderson, Can, Milner and Lallana in some configuration or other, with Firmino ahead of them. I don't think that Benteke will start this one. 

Yeah, I think he'll play for 0-0 as well.

A lot of their attacking play comes down the right to inside right channel, and bellerin in particular overlaps very well. They are a good side but Southampton put 4 past them and they're not so good. We've seen this year, but first hand, how the so called underdog bites a lot harder than the favourite. I'll take a draw though, if it means we beat united on Sunday. 4 points isn't too bad from these 2.