You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How can we help get back the Anfield atmosphere?

Mil-ing Around

i dont know that you can force it, as the football improves so will the atmosphere, if the city game had been played at anfield the place would have been rocking.

Until they scored just before half time, after which the atmosphere would have been flat and edgy and we would've probably gone on to draw the game.

1) stop selling Kop tickets to chinese/japanese/overseas/touristease/ types, and only allow those of an L postcode the option to buy.

2) stop letting blonde bimbo types who think that by going the game will get them on im not a celebrity, into the ground.

3) stop that bloke who has every badge to every game he has ever been to, from asking people if they want a photo with him. He asked my mrs that question, and was quite hurt when she told him to fuck off :)

4) start fucking winning in style again ( its actually starting to happen btw)

and 5) if you get a ticket to the game, make the fucking most of it, and sing as loud and as often as you can to every song we sing. and dont leave early no matter what the result.

• Downvote 3

1) stop selling Kop tickets to chinese/japanese/overseas/touristease/ types, and only allow those of an L postcode the option to buy.

2) stop letting blonde bimbo types who think that by going the game will get them on im not a celebrity, into the ground.

3) stop that bloke who has every badge to every game he has ever been to, from asking people if they want a photo with him. He asked my mrs that question, and was quite hurt when she told him to fuck off :)

4) start fucking winning in style again ( its actually starting to happen btw)

and 5) if you get a ticket to the game, make the fucking most of it, and sing as loud and as often as you can to every song we sing. and dont leave early no matter what the result.

5 is the answer.

If you're there, be there. If not, be elsewhere.

This has been getting worse and worse. I thought Klopp coming in would inspire people to sing and create more noise, but this hasn't happened. I didn't think it would effect us, but it fucking has to the point where Anfield is just dead most of the time.

The YNWA that was sung before the Palace game was one of the worst I've ever heard supporting LFC. The camera panned round the stadium and not many were singing it. I just couldn't fathom this.

Yes, it's just not us as it's libraries all across the country. White Hart Lane was dead when we played there for Klopp's first game.

How do we sort this? Not sure if can be to be honest.

My first solution would be throwing out any fans not singing YNWA before the start of a game to get the ball rolling.

Fuck off plastic fans.

• Upvote 1

This has been getting worse and worse. I thought Klopp coming in would inspire people to sing and create more noise, but this hasn't happened. I didn't think it would effect us, but it fucking has to the point where Anfield is just dead most of the time.

The YNWA that was sung before the Palace game was one of the worst I've ever heard supporting LFC. The camera panned round the stadium and not many were singing it. I just couldn't fathom this.

Yes, it's just not us as it's libraries all across the country. White Hart Lane was dead when we played there for Klopp's first game.

My first solution would be throwing out any fans not singing YNWA before the start of a game to get the ball rolling.

Fuck off plastic fans.

Makes you come across as a bit of a quim. Not all time-served match going fans want to sing. Doesn't make them plastic.
  • Upvote 1

Atmos at Anfield was dieing out from the mid 80's onwards. Its not new.

How long is it since each of the main players had their own chant before kick off? Its so long ago I cant remember when it last happened.

There was more chanting in the Serie A game between those two massive teams torino and bologna than you get at a big game at Anfield nowadays.

• Upvote 1

Fuck off plastic fans.

Too many knobs on their phones. Smartphones and iPads should be burned in a big pile outside the stadium beforehand. Thrown some jester hats for kindling and along with anyone who sings "Ooo are ye?", get that real communal Wicker Man vibe going.

• Upvote 2

Too many knobs on their phones. Smartphones and iPads should be burned in a big pile outside the stadium beforehand. Thrown some jester hats for kindling and along with anyone who sings "Ooo are ye?", get that real communal Wicker Man vibe going.

I regularly tweet/instagram pictures each game. Yet I sing as loud as anyone. I am in my late forties. An ST holder. And an OOTer (plazzy). 

Forget about putting people into brackets. Forget blaming a particular demographic. JUST sing.

• Upvote 3

I regularly tweet/instagram pictures each game. Yet I sing as loud as anyone. I am in my late forties. An ST holder. And an OOTer (plazzy). 

Forget about putting people into brackets. Forget blaming a particular demographic. JUST sing.

Don't doubt your passion. But come on, the type of people that record a corner on their iPad are very rarely the types that are going to get a good atmosphere going. There's more people recording YNWA these days than actually singing it.

At the tennis there's a big age range, really shit clobber, jester hats, smartphones, hoorahs, terrible songs. The atmosphere is fantastic.

That's because everyone is pissed. We should introduce a 4 pint minimum limit for entry into the ground. 3 pints for kids.

• Upvote 6

Some Northern Irish fella on the Kop was berating people leaving early today. He thought he was being dead clever until someone else threatened to knock him out, he wouldn't even look the bloke in the eye as he was being threatened. Irony being that moments earlier he thought he was being a double hard bastard chewing people out.

All very unedifying.

The atmosphere was fucking awful again yesterday. Could here the players on the pitch more than I could hear the fans off it. The football is not helping and neither is all this flag shit with the club, but it's like 40k people who'd sooner be elsewhere.

Yesterday was a real watershed for me, too. From the back of the main stand I could even hear the ref shouting "Arms! Arms!" warning people about pushing. 

Here's a story setting an example of how bad it is. 

The seat next to me gets sold for every game to members. A couple of weeks ago I was talking to the occupier during the game. He was from within 10 miles of Anfield. I can't remember where. Anyway I said "Who have you come with?"

He replied "My lad". I looked for the lad. "where is he?" I asked.

"Over there." and he casually pointed about 20 rows away where in the distant melee of fans some one was waving to him, trying to be seen.

Now its obvious. You can't even go the match with your lad...never mind a group of mates.

The club has to act to help remedy this dire situation.