You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

I pay £5 or £6 to watch tier 9 football round the corner from my house.  Appalling standard of football but you can have a pint, a good laugh, stand where you want, have banter with the players and officials.  I don't think I'll ever go to Anfield again. The contrast between my first game with my dad and both of our last (Roy/Kennie season) was staggering 

I pay £5 or £6 to watch tier 9 football round the corner from my house. Appalling standard of football but you can have a pint, a good laugh, stand where you want, have banter with the players and officials. I don't think I'll ever go to Anfield again. The contrast between my first game with my dad and both of our last (Roy/Kennie season) was staggering

I am pretty much done with it - it is mostly shite anyway. The old place sometimes resembles how it used to be but the amount of half scarf wearing, ipads/phones/camera wielding whoppers in the ground now is sucking the life out the place.

Add that to being asked to fork out so much to get in, the money being sucked up paying over paid primadonnas and lining those yank bastards pockets and it just for me holds a lot less attraction than it once did.

• Upvote 1

I am pretty much done with it - it is mostly shite anyway. The old place sometimes resembles how it used to be but the amount of half scarf wearing, ipads/phones/camera wielding whoppers in the ground now is sucking the life out the place.

Add that to being asked to fork out so much to get in, the money being sucked up paying over paid primadonnas and lining those yank bastards pockets and it just for me holds a lot less attraction than it once did.

Pretty much how I see it.

Pretty much how I see it.

I love LFC and want us to win (that is why i moan when we don't) That will never change...i got a lump in my throat talking about Kenny today - that kind of thing is lifelong and never dies....

BUT - I don't love what the game has become, what the matchday experience has become...i know it is a different world and i am getting old etc and yeah i am probably a dinosaur but i can't help how i feel about it all now.

The last time we won the league and got presented with the trophy on the Tues night at home to Derby after securing it on the Saturday I left work went over to ground and queued up for a couple of hours and paid £4 (i think it was 4 may have been 5) to watch us from the kop.....

Now i'd have to buy my ticket along with any other games for that half of the season in November or whenever it is - shell out for them all in one go at anywhere between £40-£60 a go depending on where i am 'lucky' enough to get one (if i get one) in a scrum online with a 100,000 others.

The greedy bastards took the £39 for upcoming Maribor game (I am in the ACS) OVER A MONTH before the game is played - a fucking month...why?

Matchday revenue in 2017 is pure greed and a desire to keep out certain supporters and ensure prices are kept artificially high. The club could easily turn round and say we get huge tv money and sponsorships and because this makes up a huge chunk of revenue we will reward loyal season ticket holders.

They could easily drop prices by 25% for all non hospitality and the cost would be around 10 million probably even less per season which would be around 3% of total revenue generated.

• Upvote 1

They could easily drop prices by 25% for all non hospitality and the cost would be around 10 million probably even less per season which would be around 3% of total revenue generated.

Think of the underwhelming squad player that £10m buys instead though.

Will nobody think of the millionaire flops?

I love LFC and want us to win (that is why i moan when we don't) That will never change...i got a lump in my throat talking about Kenny today - that kind of thing is lifelong and never dies....

BUT - I don't love what the game has become, what the matchday experience has become...i know it is a different world and i am getting old etc and yeah i am probably a dinosaur but i can't help how i feel about it all now.

The last time we won the league and got presented with the trophy on the Tues night at home to Derby after securing it on the Saturday I left work went over to ground and queued up for a couple of hours and paid £4 (i think it was 4 may have been 5) to watch us from the kop.....

Now i'd have to buy my ticket along with any other games for that half of the season in November or whenever it is - shell out for them all in one go at anywhere between £40-£60 a go depending on where i am 'lucky' enough to get one (if i get one) in a scrum online with a 100,000 others.

The greedy bastards took the £39 for upcoming Maribor game (I am in the ACS) OVER A MONTH before the game is played - a fucking month...why?

They're greedy bastards that's why. I go less and less, at least now my lad weighs me in when he uses my ST.

Wait until you see the about of people taking pictures of Mourinho on Saturday as he walks to the dugout. That's who FSG want, they're not interested in anyone who truly cares about the team.

Buy your half and half scarf, buy a shitload of merchandise and sit quietly in your seat until it's time to go home

• Upvote 3

Despite us making a shitload of money for them, they couldn't be arsed coming over for the ceremony because they have just missed out on the MLB playoffs and have sacked the Red Sox manager. That is where their priorities lie and that's where they'll always remain.

I want rid of them now. And I hope it's soon.

• Upvote 3

see none of the cunts could be arsed flying over for the ceremony today for Kenny.

couldnt give a fuck about this if I’m honest. They can stay over in the states and never come back over for another match.

I just want them to spend money to get us challenging again for the league anything else I’m not arsed about.

Unfortunately they don’t have that ambition / willingness to spend either. Cunts.