Quantcast
Should the UK remain a member of the EU - Page 1011 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anny Road

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

281 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Well of course it can, read shouldn't, wrong choice of words. It can be whatever the parliament decides, and logic has gone out of the window a long time ago. I explained why I think it shouldn't be.

44 minutes ago, SasaS said:

This would in effect be the second referendum. Remain cannot be an option in any confirmatory referendum about the separation deal. Why waste time with negotiations then, just call a second referendum.   

Yes it can . Remain is the status quo

Leave is now defined which it wasn't in the 1st referendum. No deal is nebulous and isn't defined and Parliament has ruled it out.

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Interesting

Almost entirely the same as in Spain. Vox came in an decimated PP, just as the Brexit nonces hopefully will do to the Tories.

53 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Yes it can . Remain is the status quo

Leave is now defined which it wasn't in the 1st referendum. No deal is nebulous and isn't defined and Parliament has ruled it out.

I don't think leavers are stupid enough to fall for that spin. Remain was rejected at the first referendum. If you bring it back as an option, you should call it a second referendum on leaving the EU. 

23 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I don't think leavers are stupid enough to fall for that spin. Remain was rejected at the first referendum. If you bring it back as an option, you should call it a second referendum on leaving the EU. 

Oh I don't know about that.

4 hours ago, SasaS said:

No deal on the ballot paper won't get past the Commons imo although ERG will try.

So, Westminster voting intentions differ from European election voting intentions.  Not really surprising.

That European poll doesn't give a clear picture of the national mood on Brexit.  Boiling them down to that one issue, the picture's a mess.

- Hard Brexit party - 26%

- Soft Brexit party, which is misrepresented simultaneously as a Hard Brexit sell-out and Remain traitors - 22%

- Remain party - 19%

- Hard Brexit party which is misrepresented as a "traitorous" Remain party - 12%

- Remain party - 10%

- Remain party - 4%

- Hard Brexit party - 3%

8 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Almost entirely the same as in Spain. Vox came in an decimated PP, just as the Brexit nonces hopefully will do to the Tories.

Yes and some  luvvies would rather the same ol neo con bullshit weve had for the past 30 years and mock and sneer at the poor and disadvantaged who wanted change.

Oh and yes i talking about you.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yes and some  luvvies would rather the same ol neo con bullshit weve had for the past 30 years and mock and sneer at the poor and disadvantaged who wanted change.

You are literally arguing for Fascism now.

Sheila Hancock (an actor and therefore a luvvie and obviously not worth listening to - unlike Vox, the Lega and all those other Fascists) from just before the Referendum.

Of course, what she doesn't mention is that there were huge global problems in the 1930s, too.  Back then, the general approach was for countries to become insular and aggressively self-serving: "[insert name of country] First!"  You'd have to be dangerously stupid to ignore the lesson of how that panned out.

33 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Not well.

It's seems Gnash's mates in Lega don't just stand up to the EU.  They're also taking a brave and principled stand against humanitarian NGOs trying to save people from drowning.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/italy-refugee-rescue-fine-salvini-ngo-boat-msf-migration-a8913166.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3wGTZi_6PmEl90aBSicsIZqls5X-6_lSvRgNdazhIVkjwrubdniGdQmxE#Echobox=1557846104

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Fuck off, Neo-Con. 

Fucking hell. Neo-Con! I’ve heard some things on here, but that’s some special school, yellow bus, helmet wearing, window licking bullshit. 

Rico is a Commie and Stronts supports Hamas.

29 minutes ago, Boss said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Why has Farage bothered with this Brexit party instead of just running as kipper again? While I'm certain defending the rights of the everyman is deeply rooted in his and each parties loving principles, what does the Brexit party "offer" that UKIP don't?