You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Oh boo fucking hoo. You knew exactly what you were doing. 

Yes, I was exposing your narrow-mindedness. Again.

You know, you are allowed to dislike someone while acknowledging that sometimes they were correct. It doesn't mean you have to hand your Lefty Loudmouth badge back at reception.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

As a point of praise? I very much doubt it. 

I get it. You and Strontz are Thatcherites. I mean, its not like it isn't obvious anyway. 

As an analysis and comparison. The same way economic performance is analyzed in other regimes.

I'm more of a Powellite myself.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, I was exposing your narrow-mindedness. Again.

You know, you are allowed to dislike someone while acknowledging that sometimes they were correct. It doesn't mean you have to hand your Lefty Loudmouth badge back at reception.

No you weren't and you still haven't. Imagine praising Thatcher on a Liverpool fans forum. 

Just now, SasaS said:

As an analysis and comparison. The same way economic performance is analyzed in other regimes.

I'm more of a Powellite myself.

Now that's the most obvious statement you have ever made on here. I admire your honesty though. 

55 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Say what you will about Margaret Thatcher, but when she was right, she was right. August 1961:

24 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I can't be held responsible for anyone who hasn't realised that the Tories are driving Brexit. That one of the greatest Tory icons was aware of the intellectual bankruptcy of the sovereignty argument the Tories have been pushing is context that shouldn't need to be explicitly stated.

Not interested in avoiding push back, always happy to expose the witless logical fallacies of those who attack the person who made a statement rather than the actual validity of the statement.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Imagine describing what I wrote as "praising Thatcher". Dear god, could you be any more of a caricature.

You've praised her on here before as well. I like the caricature bit too, I mean a day with SD hypocrisy is like a day without water. 

26 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Not interested in avoiding push back, always happy to expose the witless logical fallacies of those who attack the person who made a statement rather than the actual validity of the statement.

Stig didn't comment on the validity of the statement.  

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Say what you will about Margaret Thatcher, but when she was right, she was right. August 1961:

As far as statements/predictions go that one is spot on. A horrible cunt but she was right about that.

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That was kind of my point.

It's not a logical fallacy, though.

If he'd said "that statement is false because the person who said it is a cunt", that would be a logical fallacy.

To say "that person is a cunt", with no reference to the statement, is just changing the subject. 

• Upvote 3

Ineos had previously stated they were going to build their cars in Wales. Unfortunately it’s cheaper to do it in Germany...who’d have thought it. Jim Ratcliffe, the huge Brexit supporter, finds out supply chain impacts of Brexit are true, so fucks the U.K. off. 

https://twitter.com/ineosgrenadier/status/1336320175289769984?s=21

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ineos had previously stated they were going to build their cars in Wales. Unfortunately it’s cheaper to do it in Germany...who’d have thought it. Jim Ratcliffe, the huge Brexit supporter, finds out supply chain impacts of Brexit are true, so fucks the U.K. off. 

There was a rumour he was going to build the plant on the Runcorn site at one point. Not saying I didn’t start that rumour but there was definitely a rumour. 

The con that pricks like him play on the general public is incredible. Vocal backer of Brexit, fucks off to Monaco, pretends he's going to build his new car in Britain and then fucks it off to Germany. You're right, the cunt shouldn't be allowed back in but instead he'll be lauded because that's how this chumocracy works in Britain. They say one thing, do another, and somehow we're the cunts for pointing it out. Fed up with it all.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

The con that pricks like him play on the general public is incredible. Vocal backer of Brexit, fucks off to Monaco, pretends he's going to build his new car in Britain and then fucks it off to Germany. You're right, the cunt shouldn't be allowed back in but instead he'll be lauded because that's how this chumocracy works in Britain. They say one thing, do another, and somehow we're the cunts for pointing it out. Fed up with it all.

They’ll come crawling back once we’ve stripped workers of rights and safe conditions of Labour.

Wait until they find out about the Brexit bonus of race to the bottom wages, they’ll be a clamber not seen on our shores since the Norman conquest.

They also have the bones to pick over of all the businesses that have gone bust, they’ll pick them up for nothing, buying against the pound, and will be able to build them back up through the above. Wait for the essential and public service sell off, they’ll literally be given the infrastructure for pennies if they’re brave enough to have had faith in Brexitania.

All that and they’ll be able to funnel their ill gotten gains through our newly deregulated financial structures making sure non of this is taxed whilst the claim corporate welfare from the state to pay their, fellow Brexiteers, shareholders dividends.

It’s all too glorious to not want a piece of.

It really is looking like the sunlit uplands are upon them

Cunts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Well, spank my ass and call me Charlie!  Who could have seen stuff like this happening?

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It's not really strange, is it, given the people who are driving Brexit.

Thatcher was wrong then and she would be wrong now, as she was wrong about everything she believed in. Atlee, Benn, Foot and Bevan were right then as they would be right now.

The eu is a capitalist super state, was then is now. It's the reason Thatcher never once tried to leave it despite having the mandate.

You make a valid point on the people who are driving brexit as these people offer the same tenuous parallels to a future outside the eu as the people who use moderm day Russia as a vindication to disown communism, ie sabotage by people at top to make a fortune at the expense of people at the bottom. All very depressing.