You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG article. Wait for it. Drumroll.....................excellent read

Dr Nowt

It's a juxtaposition to me to open one thread and see the name 'Black Briar' mentioned and then come to this thread where somebody mentions an egg white omelette. In the film The Bourne Ultimatum, and head of the CIA's covert Black Briar programme sits down for a breakfast meeting with Pam Landy and orders an egg white omelette. It seems like they eat in extremes in America, either going for massive portions of the full fat variety or going for measly portions with little more than air on the plate. Moderation is anathema.

Liverpool will keep struggling until FSG and Brendan Rodgers stick to a plan

John Henry and FSG are running Liverpool superbly off the field but have yet to figure out the on-pitch element.

The second time I met John Henry, he was having trouble ordering his breakfast. We were in Liverpool's offices on Chapel Street, a few weeks after he and the rest of Fenway Sports Group had finally chased Tom Hicks and George Gillett out of town.

Rory Smith is a columnist for ESPN FC and The Times. Follow him on Twitter @RorySmithTimes.

Excellent reading. Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Bullshit article.

They know what they want and how to get. They got it (LFC) and lead it where they wanted (midtable profitability, lowered expectations by fans, feeder club, Arsenal bullshit model, lots of sponsors, even lower expectations by everyone). The end.

RIP Liverpool F.C.

YNWA.

The Arsenal model would be a huge improvement. At least they get into the top 4 each season and have started spending big money on top class players.

Wheat germ bread. Christ its worse than I feared. 

My biggest fear is he is the Grand High Witch. The problem with the hedgefunders is they don't give two shits about the sport or about the success of the club but that the books look healthy that the members of the consortium feel their outlay is safe with good potential for a strong return. Financially we should be pretty safe, as a sporting institution we are probably fucked in terms of ambition, we are an investment now, a savings account for wealthy people who need places to store their money thats safer thank keeping it in cash. Minge.

Great article that, 13 paragraphs in and he's still talking about wheat germ toast and i don't mean that as a slight, i mean it as a compliment. It's these little intangibles like Angry's story the other day about Ian Ayre that give little microcosmic details to the macrocosm of a persons life.

He's right about FSG as well and i sense Brendan is the same in the sense that he exudes an aura of new money, of being ruthlessly career driven and more worried about presenting an image or an ideal from a self help book than actual ardent inner qualities or virtues. So the wheatgerm toast is really a metaphor for nouveau thinking and in that sense it sums them up quite accurately.

• Upvote 1

Great article that, 13 paragraphs in and he's still talking about wheat germ toast and i don't mean that as a slight, i mean it as a compliment. It's these little intangibles like Angry's story the other day about Ian Ayre that give little microcosmic details to the macrocosm of a persons life.

He's right about FSG as well and i sense Brendan is the same in the sense that he exudes an aura of new money, of being ruthlessly career driven and more worried about presenting an image or an ideal from a self help book than actual ardent inner qualities or virtues. So the wheatgerm toast is really a metaphor for nouveau thinking and in that sense it sums them up quite accurately.

What a load of tosh

Not really anything in there, apart from some quite cutting analysis on Rodgers.  The frustration is not only don't they know what to do in terms of organisation, they clearly haven't decided what to do about the manager.  Dragging shit out is undignified, messy and painful, as anyone who has owned a constipated dog will tell you.  

Wil Ings be the only player listening to the manager on the first day of training?  Will the press, who Rodgers worked so hard to court, be waiting to pounce on the first misplaced word, the first rumour from Melwood, the first bad result?  Probably.  

I'm long past the stage of paying attention to anything Rodgers says - he's every bit as conceited and likely to throw anyone under the bus to protect himself as some of our other recent managers.  The difference is, they had at least won stuff, so at least there were some people who would lap it up.  I'm not sure Brendan has even that.  

It's like watching a fatally wounded Jimmy Cagney staggering around on the steps outside a church - if Cagney was sporting some expensive technical clothing, a Los Angeles complexion, trendy hairstyle and a bulging ring binder.  Some of Jimmy's death scenes were almost interminable.  This is no different.

Top of the world, Ma. We're going to be top of the world.

• Upvote 2

Next time we get taken over we're going to have to specify that we demand owners who have a full English including fried bread but no beans, wash it down with a pint of builder's tea and then have a piss out of the back door.  Nothing else will bring back the glory days.

Ah, yes. I forgot about our midfield Jack Russell.

In fairness to Allen he played the holding midfield role against second world rated Belgium tonight and helped restrict Hazard and co to hardly a shot on goal. Wales have gone through the group without conceding a goal through open play. I have no idea how this post relates to Fsg, Rory Smith or egg on wheatgerm.