You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2015 amnesty thread

Bjornebye

I don't get why people like yourself have a bee in your bonnet about this. It has been suggested, either explicitly or otherwise, by several different sources that Sturridge has issues that are beyond just being injury prone. When you get paid a serious amount of dough and are considered one of the key players at the club, it's not unreasonable that people will put the evidence together and come to the conclusion that there's no smoke without fire and form an opinion on his commitment/character accordingly. I mean, fuck sake, he got a knock on the knee about 6 weeks ago and he finally made the bench at the weekend. In the meantime, there was pretty much no information about what was wrong with him and you could tell that Klopp didn't want to talk about it for whatever reason. So, there's clearly something off about it all, in my opinion

Or it could just be his body is fucked and made of crisps. Which the evidence would support. As opposed to, he just fancies a couple of weeks off - with no evidence to back it up.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure I like Sturridge much off the pitch, I'll add him to a very long list. If there's an issue with Sturridge's attitude on top of his injury troubles I fully expect Klopp to bin him off and rightly so. The two previous managers who needed to test his resolve? Hodgson, enough said, and Rodgers. A month after Rodgers criticism he was properly assessed in America and having an operation that they hope may fix his hip problem. Rodgers also gave Sturridge his new contract.

Gerrard asking him to play through pain in his books? I love Gerrard but he's a ridiculously bad advertisement for that.

Flanagan got diagnosed with the same knee condition that Sturridge recently had and hasn't played for eighteen months. Detractors, though? I haven't heard them. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure I like Sturridge much off the pitch, I'll add him to a very long list. If there's an issue with Sturridge's attitude on top of his injury troubles I fully expect Klopp to bin him off and rightly so. The two previous managers who needed to test his resolve? Hodgson, enough said, and Rodgers. A month after Rodgers criticism he was properly assessed in America and having an operation that they hope may fix his hip problem. Rodgers also gave Sturridge his new contract.

Gerrard asking him to play through pain in his books? I love Gerrard but he's a ridiculously bad advertisement for that.

Flanagan got diagnosed with the same knee condition that Sturridge recently had and hasn't played for eighteen months. Detractors, though? I haven't heard them.

Good point about Flanagan. I heard he wasn't even feeling pain initially but it was found on a routine scan and was considered serious enough that it could be career threatening if not addressed.

As for Sturridge I think his higher profile and wage makes people less sympathetic shall we say, rightly or wrongly. I too am no fan of Sturridge off the pitch and think his ego does him no favours with some fans.

• Upvote 1

We've needed a DM since Lucas was injured years ago.  It's not hard for him to get a game or improve the team when he's the only one in the squad capable of playing such a vital position.

Kenny was going to do it before funds were pulled, Rodgers was a moron, I'm confident Klopp will in the the summer.

• 2 months later...

I backed Aston Villa to beat us in the FA Cup Semi-Final last year. I wanted us to win the cup for Steven Gerrard, but my gut feeling was that we'd fuck it up.

I backed West Ham to beat us in extra time last week. I was pleased to receive £400 in winnings and not at all arsed that we'd been knocked out.

I feel frustrated that we didn't try to play a bit more negative in games over the past few months where we've been injury ravaged. I'm literally saying park the bus and try and just luck our way through. 

Even turning a few of those defeats into draws or the odd flukey win might have left us in a much better position than we are now with Sturridge and Coutinho back in the mix. 

People will argue theres nothing else we could have done. But we literally saw the same thing in so many games, basically us trying and failing miserably to break teams down over and over again only to be undone by a counter attack or a set piece. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. That was us for far too many games over the past few months. 

Just feel really frustrated its another league campaign down the swanny and we're all sitting here going "Ahh just wait till you see next year!".

Its fucking groundhog day nearly every fucking season. 

I'd rather have Rafa Benitez than Jurgen Klopp as manager. That's not to say that I dislike Klopp. I nearly bought the Klopp biography that I saw in Tesco, as it looked quite interesting, but decided that I probably wouldn't get around to reading it.

Had that thought a few times but i don't believe Benitez would get more out of this bunch of shirkers than Klopp and would he have more success in recruiting the right players under the current regime ? Not so sure.

Different times when Rafa was here and the old adage about never going back probably true in this case

I don't like Carra as a person, he likes to give stick to others but can't take it himself.The best example would be when he was on a league of their own, Jimmy Carr was giving him a bit of stick which was harmless and you could see Carra was fuming.The rest of the show he was trying his hardest to diss Carr and when they were put on stage together he gave him a slap.

As a player he's a legend as a man he's a knob.

• Downvote 2

Too obvious. Not your best work, JP.

I put it in this thread because I know people won't like it but I've thought that for a while.He comes across as arrogant to me and I don't like how he gives stick to others but can't take it himself.I could give loads of example like what happened with Arbeloa, I also don't like how he threw Rafa under the bus when he was the manager who got the best out of him.

I disagree that the odd intentionally crap 'yer ma' joke, here and there, makes threads tedious. They're easily skimmed over. It's the constant moaning about how shit the team and the people who own and run the club are that shapes threads.

Not disagreeing with you there Tony, but that type of moaning is the oxygen of the forum so until we get better, it's what we're stuck with. Otherwise, I'll have to stop browsing this place and do some actual work.