You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

I absolutely agree with you on the areas of the team that need strengthening. The same areas that needed strengthening in the summer. I just don't trust him to bring in the players we need. I also doubt Fenway will give him any significant funds after the summer debacle. We've barely seen Markovich, and to a lesser degree Lallana. He's needed a mobile, dynamic cm to play in the 3 from day one. Trouble is, Brendan doesn't think so.

It wouldn't take huge funds to massively improve the side. West Ham loaned in Song, QPR loaned in Vargas. Those two loan signings alone would have made a big difference, I refuse to believe we couldn't do something similar in January. I realise it'll be more difficult than it would have been in the summer, but it's not like we're trying to improve on particularly high standards at the moment.

You're right, if Rodgers doesn't see these areas of the side as problems then I don't know where the fuck we go from here.

Rodgers looks as though he's already planning how to spend his pay off. Couple of weeks he'll be counting out a few million in notes on a beach in Barbados, not standing in pissing rain in south London getting mugged by Neil Warnock.

His desire seems to be all but gone and the way these fucking contracts work its not hard to see why.

He'll have 6 months in the sun and stroll back into the Swansea job.

We'll still be trying to shift the mountain of deadwood while realising that Luis Suarez made average players AND managers look brilliant.

Oh, we also really need to stop buying 8m players for 20m+.

• Upvote 1

In all honesty, there were things Rafa, Houllier or Kenny did towards the end which i'd find baffling and would wind me up a bit. But Rodgers is beginning to wind me up to Hodgson levels because he's doing that bad a job, picking ridiculous teams, tactics, favouritism and talking complete shite before and after every game. 

Even in the pits of their last season that went badly wrong, Rafa got us to within a cunt hair of a Europa League final we'd have expected to win. Kenny got us to two cup finals. Houllier got us back into the CL. They all got sacked and you could see why. Things went that sour for Hodgson that he couldn't even see the season out because we were tumbling that far down the league and playing that badly. It could easily get that way for Rodgers. We could be out of Europe on Wednesday with top 4 a pipe dream. We've got to go there and win and start to sort this fucking mess out or he'll be on the brink. Like Hodgson he's starting to look like a man who's waiting for his pay off. 

• Upvote 1

It wouldn't take huge funds to massively improve the side. West Ham loaned in Song, QPR loaned in Vargas. Those two loan signings alone would have made a big difference..

A good post in full.

We need good management now, and an eye for the transfer market. This isn't about money.

It wouldn't take huge funds to massively improve the side. West Ham loaned in Song, QPR loaned in Vargas. Those two loan signings alone would have made a big difference, I refuse to believe we couldn't do something similar in January. I realise it'll be more difficult than it would have been in the summer, but it's not like we're trying to improve on particularly high standards at the moment.

You're right, if Rodgers doesn't see these areas of the side as problems then I don't know where the fuck we go from here.

Again, you won't find me disagreeing with you at all. The trouble is that Brendan obviously doesn't think that a Song type player is needed. You hear more and more people at the game saying the same thing. Brendan sees it differently.

" They're very talented players, but it's been a new phase this season: a lot of games, a lot less preparation time in terms of coaching"

How many times is he going to play the "we have to play midweek games this season" card? You're managing Liverpool - deal with it. 

I think he might if Sturridge returns and we have a good second half of the season.

But if we fail against Basel/Ludogorets and Bournemouth he won't see the January transfer window.

The real problem with sacking him for me is not that he's been sacked.  We've been terrible, and last year feels more and more like a fluke.

The real problem is that we start to get a reputation as a Spurs, a club that will sack a good manager for a bad 2-month spell.  This might not be an issue if we lined Klopp up before we sack him, for example, but it's a huge problem if we sack Rodgers and then look around Europe going "Hm, who can we bring in?"

In that scenario, all it would take is Klopp and Simeone to turn us down and we're starting to talk about yet another unproven "up-and-coming" manager like we did when we pursued Rodgers/Martinez.  We simply can not afford to have that happen.

How many times is he going to play the "we have to play midweek games this season" card? You're managing Liverpool - deal with it.

Just makes him sound small time. Mourinho said the same last season, about us only playing a game a week. Rodgers argued that Chelsea's squad meant they could cope with the greater work load. He also said Vilas Boas should have had Tottenham challenging for the title after spending £100 million!

• Upvote 1

The players today were fucking shite, you can blame Rodgers all you want but he wasn't putting in half arsed challenges all over the park.

Bunch of tattood, pink boot wearing fucking poofs, the lot of them.

Roy Evans basically said on twitter that they should be reminded who they're playing for, and that the performances right across the team weren't good enough.
  • Upvote 1

Rodgers looks as though he's already planning how to spend his pay off. Couple of weeks he'll be counting out a few million in notes on a beach in Barbados, not standing in pissing rain in south London getting mugged by Neil Warnock.

His desire seems to be all but gone and the way these fucking contracts work its not hard to see why.

He'll have 6 months in the sun and stroll back into the Swansea job.

We'll still be trying to shift the mountain of deadwood while realising that Luis Suarez made average players AND managers look brilliant.

Oh, we also really need to stop buying 8m players for 20m+.

That's exactly what i'm seeing.

Medicine Show.

We are top of this table though.

Liverpool have now committed 17 defensive errors this season, more than any other side in Europe's top 5 leagues.

Really highlights the poor coaching and lack of drilling by Rodgers. When players are confused about their roles they make more mistakes. I think people are mixing up lack of effort with lack of organisation and drilling by Rodgers.