You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City Vs Liverpool (August 25th, 2014)

WhiskeyJar

We are fucking shit. Our performance tonight is easily the worst in the history of the Premier League. I am absolutely fuming. I've ripped all my Liverpool posters off the wall, set fire to my Colin Pascoe boxer shorts and drawn a cock and balls (including pubes) on the head of every player featured in my 2014 LFC calendar. That will fucking learn them.

Negged for such a long post.  Standards are slipping Tony

At the same time some of our players have a tendency to dive that's been bugging me for a while now. Sterling especially. I hope he cuts it out because he has the strength and skill to not have to resort to that shit at all.

They committed twice as many fouls as us - those were just the ones called - and he was the most fouled player on the pitch. He runs at players, so it happens.

Since I missed the game while at the State Fair I will comment that this thread needed way more comic relief.

Kowalski's photoshops will be missed.

Who gives a fuck about buses?!

Stop talking about Suarez, brave new world.

Support the team. We all know Johnson needs to go. No one will take him. Get over it. Hope he is fine but organically replaced by a better option.

Transition year, top four is still the goals.

Chin up. We are gonna be boss.

• Upvote 1

We are fucking shit. Our performance tonight is easily the worst in the history of the Premier League. I am absolutely fuming. I've ripped all my Liverpool posters off the wall, set fire to my Colin Pascoe boxer shorts and drawn a cock and balls (including pubes) on the head of every player featured in my 2014 LFC calendar. That will fucking learn them.

Would've repped, but have handed out too many today already,

The midfield three just didn't work tonight, none of them looked to break forward and make a late run, it just left Sturridge and Sterling isolated against the city back four, utterly pointless.

I do hope that one of the midfield positions is earmarked for Lallana.

Can is Gerrards heir. Nonsense booking understandably ruffled Can early on but he recovered well. Gerrards lack of mobility and stamina just crushed us. He receives the ball and the first thought he has is to launch it 50 yards. Whereas Can brings it out and looks for 1-2's to advance us up the field.

Felt sorry for Allen, he was pressing like a madman but he was doing it on his own, and therefore being given the run around.

Coutinho doesn't work as part an attacking three, he just hasn't bit enough end product or threat, Markovic took two minutes to show more.

Lovren was pissed. I hope he takes a good long look at the replay of this game.

• Upvote 2

If you were really mad you'd have left the posters and just set fire to your house, lightweight.

They committed twice as many fouls as us - those were just the ones called - and he was the most fouled player on the pitch. He runs at players, so it happens.

I know he's clearly going to actually get fouled more than most of our other players, it just bugs me when he goes to ground sometimes, because he definitely hasn't been touched at times. It's not a big thing to point that out, many players in most leagues do it, I just think he has the strength, skill and speed to not have to resort to it at all. (or at the least, very rarely.) Maybe I'm expecting too much from him, that might be the case anyway, but I still really like him and think he's going to be one of the best.

At the same time even Luis pissed me off with exactly the same thing, so it's nothing personal against Sterling. I genuinely like him a lot, and it's probably just that I do have over the top standards for my favourite players that's part of the problem with what I'm saying.

Too right. And I've got to say I can't stand that miserable bullyYaya. We got the better personality in Kolo, but shame he's not to the same footballing standard.

Jair, if you can somehow find it on the net watch Neville and Carragher break it down. Apart from Gerrard not initially following Silva's run for the first it was all on the defence and those two will open your eyes to it if you think it wasn't.

I watched it.

My only issue is that you get the feeling that Gerrard will always get off lightly when Carra is discussing our shortcomings.

Defensively though, I agree with their points on the whole. Apart from the last goal when I think Lovren was shafted by Skrtel and Johnson who didn't stay in line and come out. Lovren was more concerned with pushing up onto the city player in front of him whereas Skrtel wanted to stay deep, and Johnson copied him.

I don't follow the line of logic that Sakho is inferior to Skrtel.

henderson made several runs in behind, funzo. he was only given the ball once though.

I d said all day I expected us to lose and anything other than that would have been a bonus. not just cos it was away to city but we always do shit on mnf.

he hasnt got long to sort it out. spurs looked excellent yesterday and we'll need to find our best form and best team to beat them

Too right. And I've got to say I can't stand that miserable bullyYaya. We got the better personality in Kolo, but shame he's not to the same footballing standard.

Yaya is awesome, I just can't bring myself to dislike him at all. Him and Aguero are players I can't hate, no other players in the City squad get the same slack though, fuck the rest of them. Actually, maybe Silva too, gahh.

I think he stays on his feet more than most players and certainly more than any other top level "winger/attacker/inverted speed merchant" . Strong like bull - well, little bull.

Maybe, like I said I probably have over the top standards and will let it go in time as he carries on playing,

Negged for such a long post.  Standards are slipping Tony

Balls.

Jair, if you can somehow find it on the net watch Neville and Carragher break it down. Apart from Gerrard not initially following Silva's run for the first it was all on the defence and those two will open your eyes to it if you think it wasn't.

Yeah, we have to blame it all on the defence because you know who wasn't playing.  Lolz, transparent much?

That said the back four was shocking at times and the less said about shot-stopper extraordinaire Mignolet the better. 

• Upvote 2

I'm itching for Balotelli to get in that team.

A few times, Sturridge was dropping deep or wide to get involved. With Balotelli doing that (and players bouncing off him - strong fucker), the likes of Sturridge, Sterling and Markovic could cause havoc running off him.

Still think Rodgers couple of naive glitches harm us though.

One, the need to go out and try to win every game. Superb to watch at times. But at places like the Etihad, a slightly more conservative approach and trying to nick one might be more fruitful.

Two, his preference for footballing midfielders. Technicians. They're needed. But you need a big fucker in there at times too. Can might remedy that, to a degree. Could do with another. And starting them too.

• Upvote 1

I dare you to watch it again!

The first goal was a defensive error, although the new boy looks a top player. The second the defence got pulled apart and the third, Lovren let aguero get a run on him and Ming was rolling a fag the other side of the goal.

• Upvote 1