You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

El Mundo apparently reporting that Barcelona value Suarez at €60m (£47m) and that Liverpool are not budging from £80m valuation and are not interested in Sanchez as part of any deal.

60m euros? What are those fucknuts smoking if they think for one minute we will accept that?! Paella? They are gonna get a nasty shock when they get a taste of John Henry's hardball.

I agree they're going to get fucked without lubrication if they think that but I can't really blame them. We've been pushovers for so long that history is on their side. Then you've got at least half of the English press trying to guilt us into sell him and the Spanish papers just instigating, they must really think they have the upper hand.

They don't of course but I can see why they would think that. Doesn't help that our first American owners were cheap cunts who would have taken less just to attempt to hold on to the club for a bit longer.

El Mundo apparently reporting that Barcelona value Suarez at €60m (£47m) and that Liverpool are not budging from £80m valuation and are not interested in Sanchez as part of any deal.

60m euros? What are those fucknuts smoking if they think for one minute we will accept that?! Paella? They are gonna get a nasty shock when they get a taste of John Henry's hardball.

If that's the case the clause must be £80million then.  Barca aren't going to pay it so we keep Luis.

I fucking hate Barca though utter bunch of slimy cunts.  People moan about Madrid but these rats are far worse.

• Upvote 1

Yea Barca have certainly reached that level for me. At least Madrid usually stump up the cash, Barcelona are the cunt who has plenty of money but is always insisting it's locked away in their savings account so if you could please cover it this time they'll get you back the next.

I wonder if they even realize they've become a worse version of the club they hate so much.

If that's the case the clause must be £80million then.  Barca aren't going to pay it so we keep Luis.

I fucking hate Barca though utter bunch of slimy cunts.  People moan about Madrid but these rats are far worse.

This.

It infuriates me when we make 'low ball' offers for players, but Barcelona do it every single time!

We aren't interested in Sanchez as part of the deal? We fucking should be.

I would hope it's a bluff. We insist on cash only at the start, then 'reluctantly' agree to a cash plus player offer once we get tired of their bullshit.

65m + a player we don't really want.... Fuck sakes, if we must.

Which are the players you trust xerxes? And is there anyone else at the club you trust? And what do you trust them to do? I don't believe a word that comes out of Suarez's mouth, never have. Same with Benitez after a couple of seasons. I trust Carragher, and I believed him when he said he would have no qualms about fucking off if he felt he wasn't getting the games he deserved. That element of 'trust' you're after disappeared as soon as I learned the difference in motivation between fans and players. Sadly, it means that the object of our love is something that actually doesn't exist; it's more of an idea, a set of principles that don't really exist in reality any more, and an association with a past that is how we like to remember it rather than perhaps how it actually was.

By my count, we've got three first team players who wouldn't be off the second a richer club came in for them: Gerrard, Agger and Flannagan.

And you could argue I was being very generous to the first two.

By my count, we've got three first team players who wouldn't be off the second a richer club came in for them: Gerrard, Agger and Flannagan.

And you could argue I was being very generous to the first two.

Agger has been in a position where he could have agitated for a move as richer clubs were interested. He wasn't interested as long as we wanted him. And we were shite at the time.

Gerrard has had loads of chances to go as well. 

I'd add Hendo and Allen to the list. Obviously Allen is never going to be faced with that choice but he seems very much cut from the same cloth as Hendo to me.

Which are the players you trust xerxes? And is there anyone else at the club you trust? And what do you trust them to do? I don't believe a word that comes out of Suarez's mouth, never have. Same with Benitez after a couple of seasons. I trust Carragher, and I believed him when he said he would have no qualms about fucking off if he felt he wasn't getting the games he deserved. That element of 'trust' you're after disappeared as soon as I learned the difference in motivation between fans and players. Sadly, it means that the object of our love is something that actually doesn't exist; it's more of an idea, a set of principles that don't really exist in reality any more, and an association with a past that is how we like to remember it rather than perhaps how it actually was.

Stringvest, you may be right.

But I don't buy that winning is everything. It can't be. Only a handful of teams can ever win anything in a season. HOW you win does matter. And at LFC we have a long tradition of trying to do things the right way ( even If we are not always very good at actually doing it).

At some point I could not support a player playing for LFC. It's a personal thing, a gut response, and I don't feel that way about Suarez. But for instance if I was a Notts County fan, I would not pay to watch while Lee Hughes was playing for the side, he crossed my personal and subjective line.

My own view is that Suarez will not go. I don't think that Barca will offer enough, and with CL qualification worth £35m, and Man U under Van Gaal likely to return to the Top Four, without him our chances of a second season in the CL are much reduced. So the financial merits of a sale are pretty questionable. Opposition fans will make a meal of things, the Kop will respond with "he bites when he wants", and it will be business as usual.

If that's the case the clause must be £80million then. Barca aren't going to pay it so we keep Luis.

I fucking hate Barca though utter bunch of slimy cunts. People moan about Madrid but these rats are far worse.

Jesus, it's just negotiation. It's how it works.

Who the fuck gets offended by this? And why?

He left his hometown club to make a big money move to us, I'm not saying he would either way but I can't see why you'd think he wouldn't.

I think he knows he has it very good here, and he has the chance to fulfill his potential at the club.

The move from Sunderland was natural progression. The sort of early move all good players have to make.

Just couldn't see him fucking off to double his wages.

Agger has been in a position where he could have agitated for a move as richer clubs were interested. He wasn't interested as long as we wanted him. And we were shite at the time.

Gerrard has had loads of chances to go as well. 

I'd add Hendo and Allen to the list. Obviously Allen is never going to be faced with that choice but he seems very much cut from the same cloth as Hendo to me.

I lean towards trusting Gerrard and Agger, but the former was inches away from leaving and the latter appears to be off this summer, so I think there is room for debate.

I would like to believe Henderson and Allen, or whoever would stay. I just don't. I think if City offered £25m for them tomorrow, they would be briefing journalists, leaking information and negotiation their contracts by days end. I don't really blame them, either.

Jesus, it's just negotiation. It's how it works.

Who the fuck gets offended by this? And why?

I'm not offended or will I lose sleep over this.  We either get £80million or whatever the release clause is or we keep him.  I'd prefer to keep him.