You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tony Blair

Section_31

Claims the current debacle in Iraq is nothing to do with the invasion, and is instead to do with us not getting involved in Syria.

I always thought this guy was just someone who gradually became a neo liberal in sheep's clothing, someone who became more and more enamoured with wealth as time went by, but I think he must be genuinely insane.

Rumblings of him running for the EU presidency apparently, it's like he's got some sociopathic inability to see that he's wrong about virtually everything. Michael Moore said it best, he said George Bush was pretty thick (and surrounded my neo cons, not least those in his family) but Blair had neither excuse.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Syria is a total cluster fuck. The entire region has taken a turn for the worse since Blair and Bush did them the honour of liberating them. We used to sit and talk about how to 'fix' the region, but now it's a peek through the fingers covering your eyes and hoping that nothing too savage has happened.

Syria is a total cluster fuck. The entire region has taken a turn for the worse since Blair and Bush did them the honour of liberating them.

The harsh truth to my mind is that democracy doesn't work in these places, or at least they'd need some kind of evolution in that direction, it was the same when the Soviet Union collapsed and Yogoslavia imploded. There's this theory that once you get rid of the secret police everyone is going to celebrate and go and get a job at McDonald's, when in actual fact what they really want to do is skewer the bloke who's ancient ancestor shat on your great grandfather's donkey.

Pre invasion Iraq was pretty secular, it had more Christians than Pitcairn Island, because Hussein basically put a gun to everyone's head and said 'keep the peace or you're both dead'. Now the gun is gone, nothing has replaced it, not equality, not wealth, nothing, the middle east quite literally has nothing left to lose.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The harsh truth to my mind is that democracy doesn't work in these places, or at least they'd need some kind of evolution in that direction, it was the same when the Soviet Union collapsed and Yogoslavia imploded. There's this theory that once you get rid of the secret police everyone is going to celebrate and go and get a job at McDonald's, when in actual fact what they really want to do is skewer the bloke who's ancient ancestor shat on your great grandfather's donkey.

Pre invasion Iraq was pretty secular, it had more Christians than Pitcairn Island, because Hussein basically put a gun to everyone's head and said 'keep the peace or you're both dead'. Now the gun is gone, nothing has replaced it, not equality, not wealth, nothing, the middle east quite literally has nothing left to lose.

Yep. A cunt he was but he put his foot on the throat of people and they knew if they didn't toe the line they'd lose their balls. Right or wrong. I think we might see Iraq split into two or three parts this time.

His eldest son lives in a 3.5 million London pad and is rumoured to be earmarked to run for MP in one of Labour's safest seats, and his second son is set to become a millionaire footy agent after his millionaire mum set up his company and bankrolled his deals. Needless to say if we had gone into Syria, these wee men would be nowhere near the front lines.

If anything sums up how Britain really works, it's that.

Politics, wealth, influence, top jobs in the media and finance, all absolutely sewn up.

• Upvote 1

It's always good to see Tone commenting on the disastrous state of Iraq.

I'm hoping Gary Glitter's views will be afforded similar indulgence via national television, on the subject of crimes committed by those Operation Yewtree are investigating.

There are probably no words to sum Blair up that do justice to what a deranged reptile of a man he truly is.

The harsh truth to my mind is that democracy doesn't work in these places... it was the same when the Soviet Union collapsed and Yogoslavia imploded.

I take it you've never been to Estonia or Slovenia, for example. Parts of the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia respectively, now "functioning democracies".

Blair is a cunt. Of course he is almost completely insane but he is still earthbound enough not to mention the elephant in the middle-eastern living room. The protection of the Zionist state is behind every attempt to destabilize the Arab governments, elected or not. The sad and sorrowful message behind the rise of these extremist forces is that there will be no peace while Zionism thrives in Arab lands. Now, on the BBC news, we are being told of three Jewish teenagers going missing in Israel. Thousands of Palestinian teenagers have been going missing (dying) for decades and they're never considered by our media. It's fucked up but not helped by cunts like Blair.

Blair was the architect of making Labour electable for the 21st century and a key player in the Northern Ireland peace process. But he miscalculated our Iraq policy, placing being Bush’s lackey beyond all else ( Gordon Brown was no better). Every time he tries to re-invent the Iraq crisis he makes things worse for himself.

The French were right, there was no WMD capability, the UN were right, sanctions had Saddam boxed in, Blair was, and is, wrong. There is no doubt that Saddam was a bad man in a faction riven country. Was he worse than what has followed? No.

At some point, the Arabs need to be allowed to make their own mistakes. We had our civil war some 350 years ago, and it has not been exactly plain sailing since. The West has pretty disastrously insisted that doing something is better than doing nothing, with little to back that policy up. Of course the West should offer diplomatic resources to help the factions come to an accommodation, but it is not for us to decide who rules Iraq.

• Upvote 4

It is probably just me but I find this post stupid, ignorant and borderline racist.

Good ol' Saddam - he knew how to run a country alright. Just like Joe Stalin and Pol Pot. Those boys really showed the democracy jockeys how it should be done didin't they?

• Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It is probably just me but I find this post stupid, ignorant and borderline racist.

Good ol' Saddam - he knew how to run a country alright. Just like Joe Stalin and Pol Pot. Those boys really showed the democracy jockeys how it should be done didin't they?

If you think that of Sec. you're sadly mistaken. Just because he said Saddam ruled with a loaded gun, it doesn't mean he supported him or his regime.

What's clear is the Iraq war was a total fucking disaster that, for the most part, has left people significantly worse off than before. Does that make Saddam his hero? Erm, no.

• Upvote 1