You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

Immediately thought of Riise at the delta arena after the goal.

Odd looking left back, looks like he's nails and a bit bonkers, with an attacking threat of pace and power. He's the new Jonny Arne.

Just cos Riise lost form near the end of his time with us is no reason to make out he was shit, unless you've only watched football since 2008. People talked about him like your talking about Moreno now, and he did consistently it for years winning trophies. To diss Riise makes you look like a total fickle hypocrite.

Cult.

Hero.

From when I first started reading football forums around 03 there was a lot of fans who had issues with Riise.

Imo he was a good player for us and a loyal servant I was just saying the two lbs we have now are better, I said a comparison would be an insult as you would be ignoring morenos ability on the ball which is far superior to Riises.

Fantastic signing.

and yes he reminds me of Riise as well. Pocket version, as Riise was a big fella, but in terms of aggressiveness and pace they are similar. I also don't understand the disrespect towards Riise, he's been great for us, great and loyal player. He won almost everything with us.  

• Upvote 3

I still have trouble forgiving Riise for that og vs Chelsea.

You can kick it with your right foot you fucking spanner. Still get angry about it now.

This.

How a player who trains everyday of the week, cant be competent enough in his swinging leg to clear a ball and instead decides to head it when its a foot off the floor into the top corner of his own net is ridiculous.

Writing was on the wall for him after that.

I still have trouble forgiving Riise for that og vs Chelsea.

You can kick it with your right foot you fucking spanner. Still get angry about it now.

Depressing. Truly depressing. Almost killed every good memory of him, that.

This.

How a player who trains everyday of the week, cant be competent enough in his swinging leg to clear a ball and instead decides to head it when its a foot off the floor into the top corner of his own net is ridiculous.

Writing was on the wall for him after that.

In fairness, jovetic only scored because moreno waited to adjust himself to clear with his left peg

• 1 month later...

James: Is there something going on with Moreno? There are certain rumours doing the rounds and Brad Smith has been recalled from his loan. I saw Moreno in the squad on Sunday so he seems to be fit. As far as you know will he start tomorrow?

I've seen the rumours about Moreno having a knock/off field issues but not aware there is any truth to them. Fitness wise, he was doing shuttle runs up and down Loftus Road for half an hour after Sunday's game and looked fit. Rodgers said he was simply rested ahead of Wednesday so yes I'd expect him to start.

Not sure why Smith has been recalled. I will ask the manager later.

James Pearce is on it