You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham vs Liverpool (Sunday 6th of April 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Downing and Carroll. You know what's coming.

Think Downing will shit himself as is his usual big game form. Carroll on the other hand does worry me, seemed to get up for the big sides when he was here and may believe he has a point to prove to Rodgers.

If we didn't seem so solid defensively today I'd be tempted to start Sakho over Agger for this due to Carroll but that'd be harsh now and most likely the less changes the better.

Also on the fence about Gerrard. I feel like we need him more versus City than Chelsea but it'd be a hard call to bench your captain in a tricky away fixture when you're six games from the achievement he wants most.

I think 4-3-3 is the way to go again.

West Ham will want to be narrow and compact.  Let's have Sterling wide and really drag their defenders around into uncomfortable positions and creating more space which we can exploit.

Same team, although I'd play Sakho over Agger to deal with Carroll.  Agger did very well yesterday, but he was against a perfect type of player for him to deal with as Soldado has no physical threat.  I know some will say we shouldn't change a winning team, but we did by not picking Allen yesterday or Sterling vs Southampton or Coutinho vs Man U.  We should pick our best XI to win that individual game and for me that means 4-3-3 with extra width that the diamond provides and Sakho instead of Agger.

• Upvote 1

Lets hope they go for the attack option as we'll tear them apart. If they, however, opt for the damage limitation choice it could be a hard 90 minutes.

Just give us a win, we don't have to maul them, just win.

We've got these guys, Norwich and I think Palace. Teams fighting for their PL lives, more desperate and focused than any other team bar those going for the title. Perhaps even more so. Potential banana skin.

Stay frosty boys!

Every game is a cup final now.  And since I don't think we can realistically win 14 in a row, we'll probably drop points somewhere along the way.  The lads will have to be extremely careful not to be caught looking forward to next week against City.

I know what your saying about the 14 games but Im beginning to believe its possible to win all of them.

We have a week between every game so there's time to prepare and if the players keep their attitude and focus only on the next game we are good enough to win them all.

Very unlikely but not impossible, forget about how many games we have won and just look at the next, no doubt we are gonna have some close tense games though but hopefully they go our way.

This will be a very tough game, they have a very strong defence and we should remember they troubled us at anfield up until we got a deflected goal.

Their defender Collins has also handled Suarez as good as Ive seen anybody do, full focus is needed from the players for this game.

You're right about Collins, but Sturridge was out at the time, that will make a big difference at the weekend.. Just had a quick look, and the only time we've drawn a blank in the league when both S & S have been playing was the Arsenal game.