You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Yesterday I watched Michael Palin looking back at his Around the World in Eighty Days, fucksake 32 years ago, which I thought was great then. 

It showed a bit of the episode of when he was on the Dhow in the Indian Ocean for 4/5 days or so and the camaraderie with the Indian sailors which was really good. 

Palin is one of our best compared to the twats now going off on their free jaunts around the world especially those Chef ones, Rick Stein springs to mind along with that John Torode cunt who was enjoying a spot of fishing in the Maldives. 

Palin is a good actor too

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

Yesterday I watched Michael Palin looking back at his Around the World in Eighty Days, fucksake 32 years ago, which I thought was great then. 

It showed a bit of the episode of when he was on the Dhow in the Indian Ocean for 4/5 days or so and the camaraderie with the Indian sailors which was really good. 

Palin is one of our best compared to the twats now going off on their free jaunts around the world especially those Chef ones, Rick Stein springs to mind along with that John Torode cunt who was enjoying a spot of fishing in the Maldives. 

Yeah, that was very good. The next episode is him looking back on his ‘Pole to Pole’ series which incidentally is what I’ve been watching for the last few nights in bed. 

Simon Reeve does pretty basic ones but I like him and find them just as easy to watch. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, that was very good. The next episode is him looking back on his ‘Pole to Pole’ series which incidentally is what I’ve been watching for the last few nights in bed. 

Simon Reeve does pretty basic ones but I like him and find them just as easy to watch. 

Yeah though not at first as I thought here we go another one but he's OK and as you say easy to watch and like Palin it's about where he is and the people etc and not about him, unlike others oh look at me riding an elephant, yes he's OK.

Ithink that Pole to Pole one is repeated later on tonight as I missed it earlier. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, easytoslip said:

those chef ones give me the shits. Everything they taste is the best ever, best in the world.No it is you sycophantic morons

• Upvote 1

Watch S01E01 of Succession. Wow, what a bunch of cunts. GF found it "meh" so if she doesn't want to watch any more I'll be going it alone. I did fond myself disappointed by not having anyone to root for though. If it continues like this I'd like them all to die in a helicopter crash by episode 3.

13 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Three episodes in and decent. That Jason Schwartzmann is pretty badly cast though.

Up to date with this now, I'm really enjoying it.

I don't think it's bad casting, he's meant to be a bit of a weasel and lack authority. 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I've watched around one episode of that American Murder thing on Netflix but not sure if I can watch much more. How fuckin needy are these modern women living their lives out online? 

You wont have to worry about episode 2 because its just the one. 

Or am I missing something? 

14 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I watched the re runs of that as a kid and wanted to grow up to be like him and travel the world. I would stare at maps for hours on end imagining what the places were like.

don’t get me wrong I’ve been to a few places and had some amazing holidays but there just seemed to be so much adventure and variety watching his shows.

Now when I go abroad i see the same types of shops and foods, being able to google everything and read reviews before I get there, it just seems so much more sanitised and generic these days. Im completely at fault for it because I look stuff up and plan on the fear of missing something while I’m there but it’s the ease of information taking away the mystery. Maybe I should just leave the phone behind more and just wander around bit more.

still great tv though and probably the best person they could have got to present it.

8 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

I watched the re runs of that as a kid and wanted to grow up to be like him and travel the world. I would stare at maps for hours on end imagining what the places were like.

don’t get me wrong I’ve been to a few places and had some amazing holidays but there just seemed to be so much adventure and variety watching his shows.

Now when I go abroad i see the same types of shops and foods, being able to google everything and read reviews before I get there, it just seems so much more sanitised and generic these days. Im completely at fault for it because I look stuff up and plan on the fear of missing something while I’m there but it’s the ease of information taking away the mystery. Maybe I should just leave the phone behind more and just wander around bit more.

still great tv though and probably the best person they could have got to present it.

Yeah, everything at your fingertips will take the mystery and what adventures you might have, and deffo the best person for it.