You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

On 29/04/2024 at 20:32, Binomial said:

Your first thought after watching that is "some nice eye candy" ? What da fook. 

Actually what's even more bizarre was thinking "Mmmh, what can I do for a bit of eye candy.....oh I know, I'll turn on Lazarus Project"

Apart from Charly Clive the rest are average.

Anjli Mohindra is gorgeous. 

39 minutes ago, John102 said:

Just watching the episode of Neighbors where Harold comes back. 

Never stepped foot in Australia, but i don't reckon its as good as it used to be.

7/10

On 01/05/2024 at 04:27, VladimirIlyich said:

I don't know who that actor/character is and last saw an episode of Dr Who when Tom Baker was the main character.

I haven't watched it in years myself, but i recall the gammons being just as upset over them casting a black gay actor in the role as they were when they cast a woman.  

It would have been epic if they had cast Tom Baker in Masters of the Air though.

59 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

I haven't watched it in years myself, but i recall the gammons being just as upset over them casting a black gay actor in the role as they were when they cast a woman.  

It would have been epic if they had cast Tom Baker in Masters of the Air though.

Well they did call their aeroplanes 'ships'

9k=(2).jpg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fucking hell, Binomial is Brad Pitt.

He must be if he thinks Anjli Mohindra is only 6/10.

Pffff Brad Pitt wishes he could be Binomial.

That #1 spot on the FHM’s has been reserved for me for the last 30 years, rest of them are fighting for second best. They just haven’t been told yet.

Only 2 women makes Binomial’s 10/10 lost and that’s Jordana Brewster and Serinda Swan.

17 minutes ago, Binomial said:

Pffff Brad Pitt wishes he could be Binomial.

That #1 spot on the FHM’s has been reserved for me for the last 30 years, rest of them are fighting for second best. They just haven’t been told yet.

Only 2 women makes Binomial’s 10/10 lost and that’s Jordana Brewster and Serinda Swan.

Don't know Serinda Swan, you'll get no arguments from me about Jordana Brewster, she's immense.

3 hours ago, Binomial said:

No way you've never watched Smallville? Or seen the 2nd series of Reacher?

Mate, I point blank refuse to pay for Netflix, Prime, Sky etc etc.

And I can't be arsed with dodgy TV boxes.

If its the old Smallville that channel 4 showed years ago, I don't remember her (remember Kristin Kreuk though). Haven't seen Reacher.

Shogun- 9.5/10. Stunning.

Remember when Game of Thrones was good? The political intrigue, the different factions, the wheels within wheels, the well drawn characters acting like fucking human beings? That's this, its granddaddy. Very faithful to the book- although I haven't read it in 20 or more years, so could be missing bits. Sumptuous visuals- this is absolutely gorgeous looking, even the occasionally blurry depth of field was fine, given the great acting in the foreground. Intelligent, thought provoking plot, it's all there. It's fantastic, the last 3 episodes are just incredible as you discover the depths that people are willing to go to out of loyalty and the culture that honours them. Even better, Blackthorn's growing realisation of just what it is going on as the viewer is pulled in too.

Compare and contrast this to the ridiculous 3 Body Problem series on Netflix. Another excellent novel, this time set in China for the most part. The main Chinese protagonist is bizarrely divided up into five complete shitbags who studied at Cambridge and seem to live in London, and who spend the entire series (or at least the 6-7 episodes I could stand) arguing amongst themselves, stropping out about the slightest thing, mooning about unrequited love and generally behaving like spoilt children. It looks shit and empty due to the heavy CGI and the heavily amended plot is fucking ridiculous.

No idea how Disney of all streaming sites managed to pull this off, but I'm really glad they did. Superb stuff.

• Upvote 1

A man in full.

New Netflix drama about a high power business man (Jeff Daniels)who owes a bank over a billion dollars and the debt gets called in and he's struggles against potential bankruptcy.

Couple episodes in and its decent so far, good cast with Diane Lane, Lucy Lui and Tom Pelphrey who was really good in Ozark.

Promising 7/10.

The Crowded Room 

Once you get past the first half which does a solid enough job building the mystery is when you really start to learn what this is all about. Last few episodes when the trial is about to start is when all the intriguing revelations shine through and it will definitely hit home. Tom Holland has that star appeal.

Overall a 7/10

10 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

A man in full.

New Netflix drama about a high power business man (Jeff Daniels)who owes a bank over a billion dollars and the debt gets called in and he's struggles against potential bankruptcy.

Couple episodes in and its decent so far, good cast with Diane Lane, Lucy Lui and Tom Pelphrey who was really good in Ozark.

Promising 7/10.

Love Diane Lane and Lucy Liu. I think that Pelphrey gimp is the one who knocked up Kaley Cuoco.

36 minutes ago, Elite said:

Nearing the end of S1 of The OA. Love this, I know it divided opinion when it came out but I'm definitely in the pro camp.

You cannot be serious?!

Wait until the final episode and the reveal, try not to boot your telly through the window.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Elite said:

Nearing the end of S1 of The OA. Love this, I know it divided opinion when it came out but I'm definitely in the pro camp.

I was going to watch that, but got put off because it was cancelled by Netfucks before it was properly resolved. Might give it a whirl some time anyway.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

You cannot be serious?!

Wait until the final episode and the reveal, try not to boot your telly through the window.

Makes me want to watch it even more!

Fancy a new telly.

36 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I was going to watch that, but got put off because it was cancelled by Netfucks before it was properly resolved. Might give it a whirl some time anyway.

It's really good mate so far.

• Upvote 1