You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm drunk

Bjornebye

"Do you hear this phone? I'm gonna
answer, because I know it's Shirley.

1:20:55

"And you not supposed to let
a phone ring for a half-hour.

1:20:57

"You let it ring two or three times
and hang it up.

1:21:00
"That's a lonely bitch at the end
of that line. I'm gonna tell her.

1:21:03
"Hello? Shirley? Bitch, if you ever
let my phone ring like this again...

1:21:06
"Shir...? What's wrong...?
Hey, what's wrong with you?

1:21:09
"What you crying about?
Eddie, what's...?

1:21:11
"Eddie, what's wrong with you? 
1:21:12
"What? You had a fight?!
Lillian, get my pistol.

1:21:16
"Who you have a fight with? 
1:21:18
"What? A disco? With Deney Terrio? 
1:21:22
"Fuck you doing with Deney Terrio? 
1:21:25
"And Jimmie Walker?
And your lips? And you shot...

1:21:29
"What? Lillian, Eddie had a fight
in a disco with Deney Terrio

1:21:31
"and shot Jimmie Walker. 
1:21:36
"He shot him in the lips, Lil. 
1:21:39
"Eddie, why'd you shoot
Jimmie Walker in his lips?

1:21:41
"I like Good Times. 
1:21:44
"Oh, you took a shot in your lips? 
1:21:46
"And you look like Jimmie Walker?
Oh, that'd do it.
  • Upvote 1

If you watch Pryor though, you can see exactly where Eddie got his inspiration, sometimes even taking directly. Like when Eddie does his white guy voice, thats totally Pryor. To be fair, he admits thats how he started, listening to Pryors albums and creating his early stand up based on that. Both incredibly funny, but Richard Pryor was where it started.

If you watch Pryor though, you can see exactly where Eddie got his inspiration, sometimes even taking directly. Like when Eddie does his white guy voice, thats totally Pryor. To be fair, he admits thats how he started, listening to Pryors albums and creating his early stand up based on that. Both incredibly funny, but Richard Pryor was where it started.

I would go as far as saying Murphy (and many comedians since) ripped Richard Pryor off. They should have all paid the great man some decent royalty fees.

Same with Bill Hicks and Denis Leary.

• Upvote 1

We were having a jam in my mates old band's practice room one Friday night. We decided we have a load of magic this night to see what we could create. I went on bass (normally play guitar) my mate went on drums (normally bass) and my other mate stuck to what he knew, which was guitar and my uncle sang.

What we created was nothing short of immense music. The riffs I was throwing out on the bass were like what Les Claypool wishes he had written. My mate was riffing like a mixture between slow 60's Clapton hard blues and Randy Rhodes. My mate drumming liek Ginger Baker. And the uncle singing like Robert Plant. Luckily we had recorded it.

Well we had forgotten that we had recorded 4 hours of jamming and it was only when my mate was looking on his mac and seen a pro logic file labelled "Eating Shit While Dancing With Erika Elaniak On A Friday Night Down The Dirty Discotech" that we realised what we had created.

A fucking disgrace of a recording. The first hour was a nice mellow slow build of grooves. The remaining three could be described "Jizz Fusion"

Great night though. I honestly thought I could have joined Primus that night.

'Jizz Fusion'!! Thats class.  Rep gun dry at the moment mate.  It reminds me of the clip on family guy where Lois and Peter decide to become a duet and get stoned before they get on stage.  (at work so can't post the clip)  They completely stank the place out while at the same time thinking they were great.  Very funny

I would go as far as saying Murphy (and many comedians since) ripped Richard Pryor off. They should have all paid the great man some decent royalty fees.

Same with Bill Hicks and Denis Leary.

Leary's plagiarism of Hicks is on another level. Murphy never almost verbatim copied Pryor the way Leary did Hicks, plus he paid tribute to Pryor on a couple of occasions, basically admitting that without Pryor there would be no Murphy.

That said, I do like No Cure for Cancer. But Bill Hicks is more of the thinking mans Dennis Leary.

• Upvote 1

Leary's plagiarism of Hicks is on another level. Murphy never almost verbatim copied Pryor the way Leary did Hicks, plus he paid tribute to Pryor on a couple of occasions, basically admitting that without Pryor there would be no Murphy.

That said, I do like No Cure for Cancer. But Bill Hicks is more of the thinking mans Dennis Leary.

I liked Hicks saying he was thinking of giving up smoking, and when asked why saying "Just to see if Dennis will."

• Upvote 1

Sat here with a load of Erdinger whist watching Faithless on DVD from a good few years back. I'm in a happy place unlike last weekend where I got destroyed in town and ended shagging what can only be described as a sea creature. Fucking disgusting thing she was. Been a long time since I've shared a bed with something that has made me hate myself for a few days afterwards.

Been having Nam style flashbacks all week.

• Upvote 1

I'm a massive Hicks fan. If you watch/listen any Kinnison though, you can hear where Bill got some of his chops from.

They were coming up around the same time, however you can hear the influence Kinnison had on him. He broke new ground for Hicks to then go on to blow our minds.

Every comedian has their influences and people that helped shape their style.

As someone said, Eddie gives big props to Pryer, but took it to another level. For those few years anyway.

Leary definitely took a bit too much from Hicks.

On a side note, I just saw Chappelle in Brisbane on Thursday night. Fucking awesome. I didn't think I'd ever get to witness that genius.

Out with a few lads from work from 3pm, back in ours by 7pm, bird picks me up from the station, 8 pints in, put world in motion on. " John Barnes is a shit rapper " Jesus. Playing Mike & the mechanics now. That'll teach her! Well, it would if she hadn't went to bed an hour ago.

Fucker.

• Upvote 1