You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm drunk

Bjornebye

Being an 80's hair metal bogan has its benefits eh moof? Was the student a 'rock chick' by any chance? They'll shag whoever's got the tightest blue jeans, biggest whitest hi-tec boots and best Pat Sharpe hairdo.

Never snorted MDMA. Dabbed a fair amount at glasto in 03 though. Fucking trollyed.

Fuck me, the rhythm section's turned up.

It was the bandana that sealed the deal with her, I think

Makes your eyes feel like they're bleeding, before turning you into the greatest version of yourself you've ever encountered, if you could only but fucking remember it all properly.

Didn't get the bleeding eyes thing, I was certainly ace though.

I do recall it being large brown crystals, we were just licking our fingers and dabbing it from a bag. You'd have to give it a hood crushing to snort it, even then it would be harsh.

Didn't get the bleeding eyes thing, I was certainly ace though.

I do recall it being large brown crystals, we were just licking our fingers and dabbing it from a bag. You'd have to give it a hood crushing to snort it, even then it would be harsh.

Meant snorting it specifically mate.

Not made for it at all, but sometimes the act is as big a part of the social ritual as say, passing round a banger among friends instead of each eating a cake or the like. Definitely accentuates at least the speed of impact as well.

Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper, on 20 Feb 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

Makes your eyes feel like they're bleeding, before turning you into the greatest version of yourself you've ever encountered, if you could only but fucking remember it all properly.

We were having a jam in my mates old band's practice room one Friday night. We decided we have a load of magic this night to see what we could create. I went on bass (normally play guitar) my mate went on drums (normally bass) and my other mate stuck to what he knew, which was guitar and my uncle sang.

What we created was nothing short of immense music. The riffs I was throwing out on the bass were like what Les Claypool wishes he had written. My mate was riffing like a mixture between slow 60's Clapton hard blues and Randy Rhodes. My mate drumming liek Ginger Baker. And the uncle singing like Robert Plant. Luckily we had recorded it.

Well we had forgotten that we had recorded 4 hours of jamming and it was only when my mate was looking on his mac and seen a pro logic file labelled "Eating Shit While Dancing With Erika Elaniak On A Friday Night Down The Dirty Discotech" that we realised what we had created.

A fucking disgrace of a recording. The first hour was a nice mellow slow build of grooves. The remaining three could be described "Jizz Fusion"

Great night though. I honestly thought I could have joined Primus that night.

• Upvote 2

Arctic Monkeys singer Alex Turner used his acceptance speech at this evening's Brit Awards (February 19) to insist that "rock'n'roll will never die". 

The Sheffield band won two awards at the ceremony at London's O2 Arena, taking home the gongs for British Group and British Album. "There's that 15 quid we put on One Direction to win down the drain," quipped Turner after he and his bandmates collected the first prize but, when picking up the award for British Album for last year's 'AM', he said: "That rock 'n'roll, eh? That rock'n'roll, it just won't go away. It might hibernate from time to time, sink back into the swamp. I think the cyclical nature of the universe in which it exists demands that acquiesce to some of its rules. 

ArcticMonkeysJF031013.jpg"But it's always waiting there, just around the corner," he added. "Ready to make its way back through the sludge and smash through the glass ceiling, looking better than ever. Yeah, that rock'n'roll, it seems like it's faded away sometimes, but it will never die. And there’s nothing you can do about it." He then told organisers to "invoice me for the microphone if you wanna" before dropping it on the floor. 
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/arctic-monkeys/75610#aIXpyZD1WAfxjWbX.99

I like this. 

We were having a jam in my mates old band's practice room one Friday night. We decided we have a load of magic this night to see what we could create. I went on bass (normally play guitar) my mate went on drums (normally bass) and my other mate stuck to what he knew, which was guitar and my uncle sang.

What we created was nothing short of immense music. The riffs I was throwing out on the bass were like what Les Claypool wishes he had written. My mate was riffing like a mixture between slow 60's Clapton hard blues and Randy Rhodes. My mate drumming liek Ginger Baker. And the uncle singing like Robert Plant. Luckily we had recorded it.

Well we had forgotten that we had recorded 4 hours of jamming and it was only when my mate was looking on his mac and seen a pro logic file labelled "Eating Shit While Dancing With Erika Elaniak On A Friday Night Down The Dirty Discotech" that we realised what we had created.

A fucking disgrace of a recording. The first hour was a nice mellow slow build of grooves. The remaining three could be described "Jizz Fusion"

Great night though. I honestly thought I could have joined Primus that night.

Ha! That's about the size of it isn't it. The mind plays some glorious tricks.

Primus are a brilliantly hypnotic band to listen to when in such a state of heightened awareness, I find myself picking out every instrument distinctly and just marvelling at the skill of their playing, but don't have much of an ear for musicianship when my eyes aren't going round like a washing machine.

Would you guys say of have a drinking problem if I said to you on Monday Tuesday and today (Thursday) I took an hour off work to go the the bottle shop buy a bottle of spirits then proceed to drink it in the showers down stairs and go back to finish work for a couple of hours? It's not like I have to drink but I just feel bored and I want to have fun. I don't think I'm an alcoholic because I can go a week or 3 without touching it if I'm in a good head space it's more that I have massive mood swings and when I'm feeling like shit I want to change it and getting pissed is a quick solution. The only problem is the hangover. As I write this I'm I'm the locker room showers drinking vodka, got to get back to work soon. I always wonder if they suspect anything, this isn't a regular thing it's normally it's Fridays but I've had a lot of depressing shit happen in the past few months and being miserable is as exhausting as a hangover so I thought what the fuck at least ill have fun until I wake up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no authority on this but I'm pretty sure that you should probably have a bit of a rethink about what you're currently getting up to. I love ale, I love it a lot, but drinking quarters of voddie at work, there's no possible way (in my opinion) to justify that, the recent troubles you referred to and using the alcohol as escapism, it sounds like a slippery slope mate and I'd definitely talk to someone about it. Aside from the fact it's no doubt dismissal from your job, it's just not going to fix the problems you may or may not have. I know I should have just got into the spirit of the thread and said party on, but I'd hate for this to spiral into something you cannot control.

• Upvote 5

My ex-boss is a functioning alcoholic. Must drink a bottle of wine every night but doesn't affect other areas of his life (yet).

My relationship with alcohol is more binge-related. Happy to go weeks without a drink but if I have one then I can easily go on a bender, especially if bored. Consequently I don't keep alcohol in the house and plan any drinking I do to have a hard stop built-in.

My missus doesn't really like alcohol and tends to avoid more than two glasses - she's not a big fan of being surrounded by drunks either

To be honest, I don't really know anybody who has what I would call a "completely healthy relationship" with alcohol. Just different types of problems and different ways of dealing with them

Is it classed as a drinking problem if you drink every day, such as a few beers or a bottle of wine? but not necessarily get drunk?

Never touch spirits if thats important.

I'd probably say no, as this is the drinking habit it of a massive percentage of the population, your only worry is probably health issues and your gp would no doubt tell you to cut back.

• Upvote 1