You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

ESPN/BT

WaltonRed

I rang Sky up for the same reason. I was told that at the end of July, ESPN will stop and if I wanted BT vision, I had to go and subscribe on the BT website. It won't happen automatically. My monthly subscribtion fee will be reduced by £10.

I am not subscribing because there is also a one off fee to pay for BT vision which I think is £50, non refundable.

If you have BT broadband, the service is free and you still need to subscribe.

I rang Sky up for the same reason. I was told that at the end of July, ESPN will stop and if I wanted BT vision, I had to go and subscribe on the BT website. It won't happen automatically. My monthly subscribtion fee will be reduced by £10.

I am not subscribing because there is also a one off fee to pay for BT vision which I think is £50 non refundable.

If you have BT broadband, the service is free and you still need to subscribe.

I'm pretty sure its £15, still a massive rip off though, I suppose the idea is to stop people quitting at the end of the season, then joining up again in August.

If you ring them up though, you may be able to negotiate that they waive the 'activation' fee.

Not really, I think BT vision has bought ESPN out for UK viewing so you will get one of the ESPN channel with your BT subscription.

I ain't paying the £50. I remember Setanta did that a few years ago and 6 months before the end of the season they had to waive the one off fee because they never got the number of subscribers that they anticipated.

I forgot to add, If you only want it for the Liverpool matches (Which I do) It might be worth trying to watch the first game elsewhere, then signing up in October.

I intend to do this. It will mean I miss three games I think.:(

There's just been an advert on for BT Sport, and I've literally just been looking into it as I'm considering getting it. There is not a £50 activation fee. That would be ludicrous.

Free BT Sport with BT Broadband - 3 ways to watch - BT.com

"Alternatively, add BT Sport to your Sky Digital Satellite Platform for £12 a month plus a one-off £15 activation fee. One month minimum term.

You won't pay any monthly charges until the channels launch on 1st August."

was just about to ask that..dont have a sky dish' date=' just cable...[/quote']

Just been having a little look round. Looks like the normal virgin story. They're negotiating, they're not there yet. So we'll probably get it in 12 months or something. The trouble is BT has basically bought the football to sell their broadband. Their biggest competitor in the high bandwidth market is virgin, so you can see it being a conversation BT have no desire to close quickly.

There's just been an advert on for BT Sport, and I've literally just been looking into it as I'm considering getting it. There is not a £50 activation fee. That would be ludicrous.

"Alternatively, add BT Sport to your Sky Digital Satellite Platform for £12 a month plus a one-off £15 activation fee. One month minimum term.

You have to sign up for the channel on its own without BT BB for a 12 month contract, if you subscribe before the 1st August you pay £12 per month and get HD, after that you have to pay £15 for HD.

AFAIK existing BT broadband customers get it free but they have to enter into a new 12 month contract, BT customers only get SD free on one box and have to pay £3 for HD but as with other subscribers if they sign up before 1st August they get HD free.

I don't think you can subscribe to the channel and get the broadband for just one month. They normally make you enter into a 12 month contract with broadband don't they.

Also there is a one off fee of £15 for the channel not £50.

There is a partial months charge of £3.48 from the 2st August - 10th August. The next bill for £12 wont then be due until the 22nd August.

I forgot to add, If you only want it for the Liverpool matches (Which I do) It might be worth trying to watch the first game elsewhere, then signing up in October.

Stevie G's testimonial against Olympiacos is on BT Sport next Saturday. So you could potentially miss that game, not a prem match though.

Guest San Don
I know you need to subscribe to BT through SKY but do you have to cancel ESPN and tell them you want BT or does it do it automatically?

Cant be arsed with all the calls to swap everything round.

Is BT £15 a month?

It stops automatically walty lad but check they dont continue taking your DD anyway!

BT can kiss my cacker!

I'd sooner miss out on our games than pay them useless fuckers. The service we had with them cunts before switching to Virgin 2 years ago was abysmal.

With any luck, Virgin will pull their finger out and get this BT Sport on in place ESPN. If not, it's no great shakes as I'm getting into Aussie Rules at the minute.

Negotiations between Virgin and BT Sport are still ongoing. I'm not surprised because Virgin have effectively subsidised first Setanta and now ESPN for 4 or 5 years, for customers on their biggest packages anyway. The same has been happening with negotiations for Premier Sports which doesn't effect football but does have a massive impact on my ability to watch Rugby League.

No news will come out before 31st July/1st August I imagine anyway because that's when the Virgin and ESPN contract comes to an end. I am 100% sure BT Sport channels will be on Virgin but who knows whether it will be free or not. My gut feeling is that there will be some fee involved.

And I won't be paying it.