You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The English media and Suarez

WhiskeyJar

Of course there's a media agenda against Suarez. Take the mansfield handball and compare it to henry against Ireland a few years ago. Guess which story ran for days after the game. TV commentator called him a 'cheat.' Did a commentator say that about Henry? Dont think so.

So he gave some fans the middle finger at Fulham after they'd barracked him all game. How many times has rooney been banned for giving the 'cock suckers' sign at Anfield?

Every article about Suarez brings up either the racism case, the finger, the handball, the diving and the rest. I dont see that when I read about rooney, bale et al.

Whether that's enough to drive you out of a country or not is down to the individual but, it would surely piss off even the strongest character if all you saw all the time is a concerted character assassination.

Exactly and I know for a fact that because we are Liverpool, we put up with a little bit more than any other club in the country.

Is it because our media representation lacks some spine?

Lets be honest luis has brought most of bad press on himself, he was accused of diving and came out and admitted, I don't believe he didn't know negrito would be offensive and they were argueing so he wasn't being friendly was he.

And he already had a lengthy ban for biting so wtfs going on?

If he had been at another club acting like that we would be calling him a cunt as proved by how our opinions of torres changed after he left.

World class player but a bit of a knob.

There was a match at the start of the season, away, were Suarez was literally manhandled and thrown to the ground in the penalty area. The pundits all said it was one of the most obvious stone wall penalty's they'd ever seen and it wasn't given because the Suarez diving fiasco was at it's peak at that point.

It's gone from the media talking about his past indiscretions at ajax and during the world cup when he arrived, to Evra gate, to him being a cheating diver, to being mildly praised as he became the premier leagues top scorer, to Ivano-bite, pretty much from one to the other.

When their was no agenda they created one, if he stays next year it'll be exactly the same throughout the whole season, the question should be whether he can be arsed going through it all again.

I don't believe he didn't know negrito would be offensive and they were argueing so he wasn't being friendly was he.

Oh for gawds sake not this again. He didn't say negrito, and more to the point he was never accused of using the word negrito. Its a myth.

Lets be honest luis has brought most of bad press on himself, he was accused of diving and came out and admitted, I don't believe he didn't know negrito would be offensive and they were argueing so he wasn't being friendly was he.

And he already had a lengthy ban for biting so wtfs going on?

If he had been at another club acting like that we would be calling him a cunt as proved by how our opinions of torres changed after he left.

World class player but a bit of a knob.

That is because he never used that word.

He used "negro and negros"

That is because he never used that word.

He used "negro and negros"

He was clearly saying it offensively and whichever word it sounds a lot like the word that even kids no black people find offensive.

The guys a prick on the pitch attitude wise and the only defence people can really come up with is that its a spur of the moment thing but as I say I don't believe he didn't know what saying that word would do and he already dealt with a big situation after his previous biting incident.

I think he is using this media thing as an excuse for moving as if he gave a fuck about the bad attention he was getting he could have just kept his head down and played football.

I agree with RiS.

And if anyone deserves a 7th place finish and no trophies, it's Code72. Highly deserved. Well done.

Really?

Its not like I'm condoning the mediocrity on show week in week out is it?

Of course there's a media agenda against Suarez. Take the mansfield handball and compare it to henry against Ireland a few years ago. Guess which story ran for days after the game. TV commentator called him a 'cheat.' Did a commentator say that about Henry? Dont think so.

So he gave some fans the middle finger at Fulham after they'd barracked him all game. How many times has rooney been banned for giving the 'cock suckers' sign at Anfield?

Every article about Suarez brings up either the racism case, the finger, the handball, the diving and the rest. I dont see that when I read about rooney, bale et al.

Whether that's enough to drive you out of a country or not is down to the individual but, it would surely piss off even the strongest character if all you saw all the time is a concerted character assassination.

It went on for weeks over here.

He was clearly saying it offensively and whichever word it sounds a lot like the word that even kids no black people find offensive.

The guys a prick on the pitch attitude wise and the only defence people can really come up with is that its a spur of the moment thing but as I say I don't believe he didn't know what saying that word would do and he already dealt with a big situation after his previous biting incident.

I think he is using this media thing as an excuse for moving as if he gave a fuck about the bad attention he was getting he could have just kept his head down and played football.

Shut the fuck up you fucking blert.

Fucking moron.

"It's a good moment for a change of environment because of all I've been through in England, where I haven't been judged as a player but based on other things," he said.

"I had a hard time, very hard, and the things that have been said are lies. One has limits and the family also suffers.

"It's nothing against Liverpool, on the contrary, I feel very comfortable at the club, but I have a daughter and I do not want to hear bad things about her father.

He added: "I do not know when I'm going and I do not know if I'm staying.

"If I stay it is because it is a great club but also in turn I know that it is difficult because of the harassment I get from the press.

"I do not know when I'm going and I do not know if I'm staying."

"They treated me bad and it would be understandable if one day I go to my club (and the media are waiting for him) but I cannot walk my baby, the paparazzi are always there.

"My family, my image - that's what matters to me most. The coach and some colleagues know that I suffered, I was treated badly and I did not feel comfortable and they know perfectly."

"In England they talk about many things and in some ways I feel uncomfortable."

Real Madrid would obviously offer an escape from that but Suarez insists his reference to the Spanish giants in a radio interview on Wednesday was an understandable but not yet tangible one.

"England and Spain are the best leagues in the world," he said at a national team press conference ahead of a friendly against France on June 5 in Montevideo.

"It is normal that it is impossible to say no to big teams for which one always dreams.

"Yet I have nothing, I have not spoken with Real Madrid nor with Liverpool.

"My agent has not told me anything either and that leaves me alone, but they (the media) are speculating.

"Every time you do something is becomes big. I just said I'm very happy at Liverpool and I'll be forever grateful to this great city and this club made me grow so much, where I still have a contract."

Fucking cunts.....

Suarez was a show-piece sacrifice, a cause celebre for all the times in the past the FA had swerved punishing players for the same offence only with concrete evidence.

Neither you, I, nor the FA know for sure whether 'por que negro?' was said with any intent to offend or whether he repeated the word several more times because in spite of the verdict it was one man's word against another's.

If you had any genuine interest in the case then you would at least be familiar with some of the basics.

Luis should just do a John Barnes.

Did he fuck off back to Jamaica when the 50th banana landed at his feet?

No, he shut them up by mugging the opposition and being the best player on the pitch.

I remember when he was playing for England and he was getting booed as always (funny how the FA did fuck all about that!) he stepped up to take a free kick and the boos started up. He curled it straight in the corner, the booing stopped.

Thats the way to do it Luis. Score goals and keep your nose clean.

Am I right in thinking Barnes was never booked?

It's all very well saying Suarez should just do what Barnes did way back then, but that is forgetting the fact that in the 70s and 80s, we didn't have 24-hour rolling news and social media allowing everybody to give their immediate (and often ill-informed) opinion and jump on whatever bandwagon is passing by. If the racial attitudes of Barnes' time had had the social media platforms of today, there is every chance that Barnes might very well have felt differently about sticking around.

Suarez is a bad boy always has been since he attcked a referee a a teenager in Uraguay, it is in his DNA, it has brought him fame, money and notoriety.

Far from being badly treated he loves it, and thrives on it.

He so obviously does not love being badly treated.

Suarez is a bad boy always has been since he attcked a referee a a teenager in Uraguay, it is in his DNA, it has brought him fame, money and notoriety.

Far from being badly treated he loves it, and thrives on it.

Er ye but in the real world not your made up one Luis has come out a few times and said he hates himself on the pitch. Which may undermine your point about him loving it. Perhaps you should consider something to muffle your sphincter?