You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The English media and Suarez

WhiskeyJar

I think you're getting the wrong end of the stick with that tweet. That was a paraphrasing of what he'd written 18 months ago and he was basically that it's not worth going to war for players like Suarez because they'll always let you down.

You may not agree with that but it's not the kind of dig you think it is.

Not that it matters like. I just wish he wasn't going.

That was on the back of a predominantly negative attitude towards Liverpool the club, owners and Rodgers throughout the season, which alters the context of that tweet. You go to war because that is what you do as a fan, you support! And despite the accusation aimed at us all last year over Evra, we don't do it blindly. Rafa was the same, ridiculed and harassed by the press in a way they wouldn't dare do to Moyes or Hodgson, or Pulis.

Take the bite out of the equation and the subsequent furore and I don't think he is going.

My comfort in all this is that Rodgers has known for a month that he was going to plan without Suarez, and is comfortable with it.

His comments about 'no player is irreplaceable', just after his ban, was ominous.

We've moved extraordinarily quickly for Aspas.

If anything, I think Rodgers and the scouting team are looking forward to moulding a team that they want, it's a dream payload for a manager to play with, and I'm excited but obviously nervous about it.

If anything, I think Rodgers and the scouting team are looking forward to moulding a team that they want, it's a dream payload for a manager to play with, and I'm excited but obviously nervous about it.

An intriguing metaphor.

Guest San Don
Luis is a high profile player, a leading PL goalscorer and has been involved in two major controversies in addition to diving allegations. “Blaming “ the media for reporting that is ridiculous. That fame/notoriety has also been fundamental in hiking up his wages, and his transfer value. It comes with the territory.

FSG arrived with most fans happy to accept anyone who delivered us from G&H- and Adminstration. Broughton was quoted as suggesting that FSG had offered assurances regarding the stadium. Purslow articulated concerns regarding the medium to long term drawbacks their ownership might bring. The Times, and Evans, were right to report that.

When FSG arrived, although they knew nothing about football, they offered financial stability, and a formidable PR and media rights track record. They have delivered on financial stability. They were nowhere to be seen during the Evra affair and have failed miserably to put their weight behind a naming rights deal.

At least someone is holding them to account. Already, some sections of our support are in default supine acceptance mode, I am glad Evans is not amongst them.

You just chat any unsubstantiated shit. You might think you're clever by saying "Broughton was quoted as suggesting that FSG had offered assurances regarding the stadium" and the rest but your not.

You might be able to fool some children with this smoke and mirrors guff you post but, the reality is everyone know you dont know your arse from your elbow.

Sweeping generalisations. No substence, no fact, no nothing.

My comfort in all this is that Rodgers has known for a month that he was going to plan without Suarez, and is comfortable with it.

His comments about 'no player is irreplaceable', just after his ban, was ominous.

We've moved extraordinarily quickly for Aspas.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

3.jpg

The press have hounded him, they have exaggerated and analysed every challenge and every misdemeanour to the point where he was being treated differently to any other player, and the opposing managers joined in - Martinez, Moyes and Pulis to name the usual cunts. Their 'objective' defence of their behaviour is hilarious.

But - he owes this football club and all that the club involves, but he wants to move away - as we always suspected he would eventually - rather than payback a little of that loyalty.

Regardless of Luis moving, the club needs to be on the front foot from now on - Torres, and now Suarez have been labelled and targeted by certain managers through the press - I would hope that whoever replaces Luis, a few lessons are learnt and any of those slurs are put to rest quickly.

But, I am also slightly pissed by the way that the Times (led by Evans) are seemingly loving this - they (or more to the point, Evans) has never liked FSG, and never given Rodgers a fair shot - seeing him comment on the Luis and the club is particularly distasteful. The fat ESD cunt.

Excellent post. The media attacked Rafa Benitez for not meeting Sam Allardyce at the end of a game. I applaud Rafa for that. Allardyce is a snide and has always been a snide. He cuddled up to Baconface because he wasn't able to fight his own battles. It was a two pronged attack on Rafa.

The way the media portrayed Rafa was that he is an arrogant cunt that at 2-0 up he gestured 'game over'. That's what Baconface and his pet hippo Sam alleged that he did.

However this is the reality. Liverpool won a free-kick, Rafa gestured to Xabi Alonso to take it short, Xabi ignored him and took it long and Liverpool scored. Rafa gestured ''never mind what I said''. He gave Xabi the thumbs up. The media not once ever mentioned this. Only an idiot with a brain the size of a walnut would suggest that Rafa was gesturing ''game over''.

Rafa in January 2009 made a long winded speech. The media potrayed it as a rant. A ''rant'' is mindless gobbledegook that makes no sense, and the individual has steam coming out of their ears.

Rafa was clear and concise, and what he said made a lot of sense. Therefore it does not constitute a rant. What does constitute a rant is what Baconface was ranting and raving about. Again the media did not claim Baconface ranted.

It was mindless gobbledegook. What in the name of fuck does ''Contempt and beyond the pale'' supposed to mean? I would love to know the answer to that.

All that Rafa did in 2009 was be way too long-winded. It should have been short and sweet and as painful as a Mike Tyson uppercut. Similar to what Kenny Dalglish in 1988 did.

Kenny said ''Talk to the child, you will get more sense out of her than you will out of him''. It was after a 3-3 draw at Anfield between Liverpool and Manchester United.

Baconface said ''It makes people vomit on how referees are intimidated at Anfield''. Kenny was listening whilst holding his then 6 week old daughter Lauren.

Oh the irony of Baconfaces' statement. Former referee Dermot Gallagher once called Baconface an ''intolerable bully''.

Excellent post. The media attacked Rafa Benitez for not meeting Sam Allardyce at the end of a game. I applaud Rafa for that. Allardyce is a snide and has always been a snide. He cuddled up to Baconface because he wasn't able to fight his own battles. It was a two pronged attack on Rafa.

The way the media portrayed Rafa was that he is an arrogant cunt that at 2-0 up he gestured 'game over'. That's what Baconface and his pet hippo Sam alleged that he did.

However this is the reality. Liverpool won a free-kick, Rafa gestured to Xabi Alonso to take it short, Xabi ignored him and took it long and Liverpool scored. Rafa gestured ''never mind what I said''. He gave Xabi the thumbs up. The media not once ever mentioned this. Only an idiot with a brain the size of a walnut would suggest that Rafa was gesturing ''game over''.

Rafa in January 2009 made a long winded speech. The media potrayed it as a rant. A ''rant'' is mindless gobbledegook that makes no sense, and the individual has steam coming out of their ears.

Rafa was clear and concise, and what he said made a lot of sense. Therefore it does not constitute a rant. What does constitute a rant is what Baconface was ranting and raving about. Again the media did not claim Baconface ranted.

It was mindless gobbledegook. What in the name of fuck does ''Contempt and beyond the pale'' supposed to mean? I would love to know the answer to that.

All that Rafa did in 2009 was be way too long-winded. It should have been short and sweet and as painful as a Mike Tyson uppercut. Similar to what Kenny Dalglish in 1988 did.

Kenny said ''Talk to the child, you will get more sense out of her than you will out of him''. It was after a 3-3 draw at Anfield between Liverpool and Manchester United.

Baconface said ''It makes people vomit on how referees are intimidated at Anfield''. Kenny was listening whilst holding his then 6 week old daughter Lauren.

Oh the irony of Baconfaces' statement. Former referee Dermot Gallagher once called Baconface an ''intolerable bully''.

Spot on.

People that claim the media don't pursue agenda's are talking unadulterated shite. They clearly do.

Do they pursue only agenda's against Liverpool. Fuck no!

They quite clearly will pursue an agenda no matter who it is or what club they are with.

Do they seem to view us a soft target most of the time. Most definitely. And we've seen that over the years in abundance.

You just chat any unsubstantiated shit. You might think you're clever by saying "Broughton was quoted as suggesting that FSG had offered assurances regarding the stadium" and the rest but your not.

You might be able to fool some children with this smoke and mirrors guff you post but, the reality is everyone know you dont know your arse from your elbow.

Sweeping generalisations. No substence, no fact, no nothing.

The problem is your ability to comprehend anything outside four white lines.When you don't understand, just ask.;)

That sarky article by Babacombe is just further proof of the inability of journalists to break ranks. They fear facing ridicule in work so daren't do it. Bottlers to a man. Not a backbone amongst them.

Yes, he may have angled for a move to Madrid because we won't win anything for donkeys yet and yes, there may be truth that he's manipulating the situation.

But just some acknowledgement that he yes he HAS CONSISTENTLY been a victim of double standards would be nice, Tony. Just one journalist say it....please.

You don't have to be Bernstein or Woodward, just step back and tell it like it is. For once.

[YOUTUBE]cVYfuIUJtBA[/YOUTUBE]

Bale dives & they all have a good laugh. On the same day, on the very same program, Suarez gets slagged to fuck for his one v Stoke! Luis' was a bad dive, a hint of contact but went down 10 minutes too late. Bales was worse IMO. Trying to get the Keeper sent off. The press, and of course, Pulis had a field day after the game and it rumbled on for days. Bale hardly gets a mention in the press. Bale is not a dirty cheating racist foreigner though.

Spot on.

People that claim the media don't pursue agenda's are talking unadulterated shite. They clearly do.

Do they pursue only agenda's against Liverpool. Fuck no!

They quite clearly will pursue an agenda no matter who it is or what club they are with.

Do they seem to view us a soft target most of the time. Most definitely. And we've seen that over the years in abundance.

There is one thing that has been a regular occurance over the last 50 years is the constant media wanking over Manchester United.

I'll give you an example. In 1983, Liverpool had won the title in February, they were 16 points clear at that stage, and weren't going to be caught. They also won the league cup beating Manchester United through a Ronnie Whelan curler.

Who did the media wank all over? You've got it...................Manchester United. Manchester United beat the ''Mighty Brighton'' in an FA Cup final replay. John Motson said Manchester United, the most famous club in the world have won their first trophy in 6 years. This is sickening. Most famous? What a load of bollocks.

Liverpool have always been a soft touch. It grinds peoples gears due to the way the media pull themselves off over Manchester United aka ''Sympathy FC''.

Luis Suarez and the press. I keep telling myself to stop writing about the same stuff, but the same shite keeps getting spouted, ever since his the Evra incident, and as a result I've always felt the need to argue in his favour because not many others can be bothered to do so. One of the biggest problems is that very few actually understand where he is coming from. They don't understand his culture or his background and how that has shaped him as the player and person he is.

He always wears his heart on his sleeve - typical for a Latin American. His interviews reveal a refreshing honesty from a footballer. When you read the recent full interview, not the paraphrased out of context shite the awful British media print, there is no bullshit, no pretence, no hidden agenda, he just says it how it is, exactly how he feels. Once you understand that, you will understand how the guy feels. He's not lying about his concern for his family - the family is a crucial and central part of Latin American culture. You can't ignore the fact that he has concerns that his daughter and wife will be adversely affected by an incessant negative press smear campaign against him. Latin Americans could ignore this stuff, but not if it just keeps happening, which it has done for Luis. It was never going to stop following the FA's terrible ruling which contained a number of assumptions, pre-conceptions & distortions which they used to justify their conclusion. This judgement is brought up at every conceivable opportunity by our press. Luis has tried to explain it from his perspective, but this has never seen the light of day here because he explains that the term he used ONCE, yes he admits to using one word ONCE, was not meant in the manner that the FA, press and most of the British public claim it was. It's absurd. He should have just lied and said he didn't say anything, but that is not in his nature - it's not in the nature of a Latin American to lie about something when they don't believe they've done anything wrong! If he had meant that phrase in a negative context he would have outrightly denied using it. Don't forget, as all of the press and most of the public seem to do, that the Latin American language experts the FA asked about the phrase used by Luis, actually said that if he said it in the way he said he'd said it, then it did not have any racist connotations! So Luis admitted using the world 'negro' once in a manner that is not uncommon for anyone to use in South America and yet the FA decide to taint a player (for ever I might add!) with a decision based on nothing more than assumptions, supposition and inconsistencies from the other camp which will frame him indirectly as a racist and villify him in such a way that he will never be able to escape that judgement whilst he remains in the UK, because the press, the public will never allow him to explain his side of the story, because it cannot be allowed to be shown to have been an error! That is because they can never understand his side of the story, partly through choice, partly through an incredible ignorance, and so the myth that Luis is a racist is perpetuated and has stuck. Given the stigma associated with racism in this country, Luis has never stood a chance since that fateful day. Having been portrayed as a racist (it makes no difference the FA saying he's not a racist as they accuse him of using racist language - and in the minds of any logical person that indicates a racist!) he's been left with a tag that immediately sets him apart as a bad person and it is acceptable for the press to refer to him as such because of the terrible crime the FA state he committed. So if you can actually bother to understand how this might feel from the perspective of a South American, who generally wears his heart on his sleeve, he has been castigated for using language he has commonly used since a young lad, not meant with any racist intent, but yet is never given the opportunity to explain his side of the story. Because it doesn't fit with the framing of the argument. And so, from that moment onwards he's had no chance in my opinion, to fully redeem himself, because that tag is just far too damaging. For someone who gives great importance to family values (an essential part of Latin culture) - don't forget the press haven't been able to unearth anything about his private life as there is nothing there to expose which therefore surely indicates who the real Luis Suarez is - there will thus always be this unrelenting pressure knowing that one day when his daughter enters school in this country (if he were to stay) that she herself too could be exposed to the kind of absurd xenophobia that Luis has to put up with. And that's in no way acceptable from his (or obviously his wife's) perspective. I can totally understand that, having lived in South America. So when he talks about the press, yes he can ignore it, perhaps he naively thought it would go away or his side of the story would get a fair hearing, but from the perspective of the family, he knows that it is not right that his family should be adversely affected by such negative publicity.

Luis Suarez accepts he has a problem controlling his behaviour on the pitch, which probably stems from a difficult upbringing. He has an incredible win at all costs desire which gets him into trouble occasionally. Yet as a devoted family man he admits it is the criticism he receives from his childhood sweetheart now wife (another indication of the type of person he really is - not your typical British footballer with too much money too soon is he? Shagging anything that comes his way, snorting cocaine, gambling, etc...etc...) that he finds most difficult to deal with. He accepts he makes mistakes, and accepts he needs to improve on the pitch for the sake of his family, but he clearly finds it difficult as his win at all costs attitude takes control. When I talk about 'mistakes' I'm referring to biting incidents, totally unacceptable and for which he was deservedly punished - although that decision yet again exposed the FA's terrible inconsistencies in dealing with similar issues!

Yet I'm not going to criticise the man for the occasional dive which is absolutely commonplace in football all around the world. Luis' refreshing honesty in admitting a dive is difficult for anyone to understand who doesn't (or can't be bothered to) understand Latin American culture - again! He will do it again too, as he will handball, just like the majority of footballers playing in such a high stakes environment. The problem for Luis though is that every minor misdemeanor he makes, and will make, is against a horrible, towering backdrop of being found guilty of racist abuse - a decision which the club did not challenge and in not doing so, handed Luis an indefinite sentence to be referred to as a racist and talked about in derogatory terms whenever the press write about him. I accept the club were probably in an almost impossible position as Luis (and the club) had already been hung drawn and quartered in the media! So, whilst Luis remains with us, he will be under the spotlight, and his errors magnified infinitely because it fits the public perception of him as an undesirable racist in football. This combined with the fact that it would be nigh on impossible for him to change his footballing desire to win on the pitch gives him no chance. It's quite absurd how this family man has been continuously portrayed as the devil incarnate, when the reality is probably the total opposite when you look at how he lives his life outside of football!

Finally, and it is obviously an important point, Luis should be playing on the highest stage, he will naturally want to play at that level. He is now at his peak and it is at this time that he should be performing in the Champions League. He admits this desire. I presume most people will understand it. So if a club that is able to offer him the opportunity to play at that level makes an offer for his services he will undoubtedly be interested. That's not to say he is a mercenary, he just wants to win stuff, that is his raison d'etre as a footballer! If we can't offer him that, which if we're honest with ourselves we cannot at his moment in time, then we'll have to accept he will move. I believe him when he says he loves the club & the fans, because given the type of person he is outside of football, he has no reason to lie about that. I think he is truly grateful for the support the fans have given him during the persistent discrimination he has had to suffer since being found guilty by the FA. I also understand him when he talks about the possibility of moving to Real Madrid and the reasons why he feels it would be the right move both for footballing reasons and, importantly, family reasons - because it makes sense!

Luis Suarez and the press. I keep telling myself to stop writing about the same stuff, but the same shite keeps getting spouted, ever since his the Evra incident, and as a result I've always felt the need to argue in his favour because not many others can be bothered to do so. One of the biggest problems is that very few actually understand where he is coming from. They don't understand his culture or his background and how that has shaped him as the player and person he is.

He always wears his heart on his sleeve - typical for a Latin American. His interviews reveal a refreshing honesty from a footballer. When you read the recent full interview, not the paraphrased out of context shite the awful British media print, there is no bullshit, no pretence, no hidden agenda, he just says it how it is, exactly how he feels. Once you understand that, you will understand how the guy feels. He's not lying about his concern for his family - the family is a crucial and central part of Latin American culture. You can't ignore the fact that he has concerns that his daughter and wife will be adversely affected by an incessant negative press smear campaign against him. Latin Americans could ignore this stuff, but not if it just keeps happening, which it has done for Luis. It was never going to stop following the FA's terrible ruling which contained a number of assumptions, pre-conceptions & distortions which they used to justify their conclusion.

This judgement is brought up at every conceivable opportunity by our press. Luis has tried to explain it from his perspective, but this has never seen the light of day here because he explains that the term he used ONCE, yes he admits to using one word ONCE, was not meant in the manner that the FA, press and most of the British public claim it was. It's absurd. He should have just lied and said he didn't say anything, but that is not in his nature - it's not in the nature of a Latin American to lie about something when they don't believe they've done anything wrong! If he had meant that phrase in a negative context he would have outrightly denied using it. Don't forget, as all of the press and most of the public seem to do, that the Latin American language experts the FA asked about the phrase used by Luis, actually said that if he said it in the way he said he'd said it, then it did not have any racist connotations!

So Luis admitted using the world 'negro' once in a manner that is not uncommon for anyone to use in South America and yet the FA decide to taint a player (for ever I might add!) with a decision based on nothing more than assumptions, supposition and inconsistencies from the other camp which will frame him indirectly as a racist and villify him in such a way that he will never be able to escape that judgement whilst he remains in the UK, because the press, the public will never allow him to explain his side of the story, because it cannot be allowed to be shown to have been an error! That is because they can never understand his side of the story, partly through choice, partly through an incredible ignorance, and so the myth that Luis is a racist is perpetuated and has stuck.

Given the stigma associated with racism in this country, Luis has never stood a chance since that fateful day. Having been portrayed as a racist (it makes no difference the FA saying he's not a racist as they accuse him of using racist language - and in the minds of any logical person that indicates a racist!) he's been left with a tag that immediately sets him apart as a bad person and it is acceptable for the press to refer to him as such because of the terrible crime the FA state he committed. So if you can actually bother to understand how this might feel from the perspective of a South American, who generally wears his heart on his sleeve, he has been castigated for using language he has commonly used since a young lad, not meant with any racist intent, but yet is never given the opportunity to explain his side of the story. Because it doesn't fit with the framing of the argument. And so, from that moment onwards he's had no chance in my opinion, to fully redeem himself, because that tag is just far too damaging.

For someone who gives great importance to family values (an essential part of Latin culture) - don't forget the press haven't been able to unearth anything about his private life as there is nothing there to expose which therefore surely indicates who the real Luis Suarez is - there will thus always be this unrelenting pressure knowing that one day when his daughter enters school in this country (if he were to stay) that she herself too could be exposed to the kind of absurd xenophobia that Luis has to put up with. And that's in no way acceptable from his (or obviously his wife's) perspective. I can totally understand that, having lived in South America. So when he talks about the press, yes he can ignore it, perhaps he naively thought it would go away or his side of the story would get a fair hearing, but from the perspective of the family, he knows that it is not right that his family should be adversely affected by such negative publicity.

Luis Suarez accepts he has a problem controlling his behaviour on the pitch, which probably stems from a difficult upbringing. He has an incredible win at all costs desire which gets him into trouble occasionally. Yet as a devoted family man he admits it is the criticism he receives from his childhood sweetheart now wife (another indication of the type of person he really is - not your typical British footballer with too much money too soon is he? Shagging anything that comes his way, snorting cocaine, gambling, etc...etc...) that he finds most difficult to deal with. He accepts he makes mistakes, and accepts he needs to improve on the pitch for the sake of his family, but he clearly finds it difficult as his win at all costs attitude takes control. When I talk about 'mistakes' I'm referring to biting incidents, totally unacceptable and for which he was deservedly punished - although that decision yet again exposed the FA's terrible inconsistencies in dealing with similar issues!

Yet I'm not going to criticise the man for the occasional dive which is absolutely commonplace in football all around the world. Luis' refreshing honesty in admitting a dive is difficult for anyone to understand who doesn't (or can't be bothered to) understand Latin American culture - again! He will do it again too, as he will handball, just like the majority of footballers playing in such a high stakes environment. The problem for Luis though is that every minor misdemeanor he makes, and will make, is against a horrible, towering backdrop of being found guilty of racist abuse - a decision which the club did not challenge and in not doing so, handed Luis an indefinite sentence to be referred to as a racist and talked about in derogatory terms whenever the press write about him. I accept the club were probably in an almost impossible position as Luis (and the club) had already been hung drawn and quartered in the media! So, whilst Luis remains with us, he will be under the spotlight, and his errors magnified infinitely because it fits the public perception of him as an undesirable racist in football. This combined with the fact that it would be nigh on impossible for him to change his footballing desire to win on the pitch gives him no chance. It's quite absurd how this family man has been continuously portrayed as the devil incarnate, when the reality is probably the total opposite when you look at how he lives his life outside of football!

Finally, and it is obviously an important point, Luis should be playing on the highest stage, he will naturally want to play at that level. He is now at his peak and it is at this time that he should be performing in the Champions League. He admits this desire. I presume most people will understand it. So if a club that is able to offer him the opportunity to play at that level makes an offer for his services he will undoubtedly be interested. That's not to say he is a mercenary, he just wants to win stuff, that is his raison d'etre as a footballer! If we can't offer him that, which if we're honest with ourselves we cannot at his moment in time, then we'll have to accept he will move. I believe him when he says he loves the club & the fans, because given the type of person he is outside of football, he has no reason to lie about that. I think he is truly grateful for the support the fans have given him during the persistent discrimination he has had to suffer since being found guilty by the FA. I also understand him when he talks about the possibility of moving to Real Madrid and the reasons why he feels it would be the right move both for footballing reasons and, importantly, family reasons - because it makes sense!

He always wears his heart on his sleeve - typical for a Latin American. His interviews reveal a refreshing honesty from a footballer. When you read the recent full interview, not the paraphrased out of context shite the awful British media print, there is no bullshit, no pretence, no hidden agenda, he just says it how it is, exactly how he feels. Once you understand that, you will understand how the guy feels. He's not lying about his concern for his family - the family is a crucial and central part of Latin American culture. You can't ignore the fact that he has concerns that his daughter and wife will be adversely affected by an incessant negative press smear campaign against him. Latin Americans could ignore this stuff, but not if it just keeps happening, which it has done for Luis. It was never going to stop following the FA's terrible ruling which contained a number of assumptions, pre-conceptions & distortions which they used to justify their conclusion.

This judgement is brought up at every conceivable opportunity by our press. Luis has tried to explain it from his perspective, but this has never seen the light of day here because he explains that the term he used ONCE, yes he admits to using one word ONCE, was not meant in the manner that the FA, press and most of the British public claim it was. It's absurd. He should have just lied and said he didn't say anything, but that is not in his nature - it's not in the nature of a Latin American to lie about something when they don't believe they've done anything wrong! If he had meant that phrase in a negative context he would have outrightly denied using it. Don't forget, as all of the press and most of the public seem to do, that the Latin American language experts the FA asked about the phrase used by Luis, actually said that if he said it in the way he said he'd said it, then it did not have any racist connotations!

So Luis admitted using the world 'negro' once in a manner that is not uncommon for anyone to use in South America and yet the FA decide to taint a player (for ever I might add!) with a decision based on nothing more than assumptions, supposition and inconsistencies from the other camp which will frame him indirectly as a racist and villify him in such a way that he will never be able to escape that judgement whilst he remains in the UK, because the press, the public will never allow him to explain his side of the story, because it cannot be allowed to be shown to have been an error! That is because they can never understand his side of the story, partly through choice, partly through an incredible ignorance, and so the myth that Luis is a racist is perpetuated and has stuck.

Given the stigma associated with racism in this country, Luis has never stood a chance since that fateful day. Having been portrayed as a racist (it makes no difference the FA saying he's not a racist as they accuse him of using racist language - and in the minds of any logical person that indicates a racist!) he's been left with a tag that immediately sets him apart as a bad person and it is acceptable for the press to refer to him as such because of the terrible crime the FA state he committed. So if you can actually bother to understand how this might feel from the perspective of a South American, who generally wears his heart on his sleeve, he has been castigated for using language he has commonly used since a young lad, not meant with any racist intent, but yet is never given the opportunity to explain his side of the story. Because it doesn't fit with the framing of the argument. And so, from that moment onwards he's had no chance in my opinion, to fully redeem himself, because that tag is just far too damaging.

For someone who gives great importance to family values (an essential part of Latin culture) - don't forget the press haven't been able to unearth anything about his private life as there is nothing there to expose which therefore surely indicates who the real Luis Suarez is - there will thus always be this unrelenting pressure knowing that one day when his daughter enters school in this country (if he were to stay) that she herself too could be exposed to the kind of absurd xenophobia that Luis has to put up with. And that's in no way acceptable from his (or obviously his wife's) perspective. I can totally understand that, having lived in South America. So when he talks about the press, yes he can ignore it, perhaps he naively thought it would go away or his side of the story would get a fair hearing, but from the perspective of the family, he knows that it is not right that his family should be adversely affected by such negative publicity.

The idiotic media may say Luis Suarez wants to leave Liverpool for money and the chance to go ''to a bigger club''.

That's absolute nonsense. There is no bigger club than Liverpool. Sympathy FC may claim to be bigger, however that has no substance. The sums say differently. Liverpools 41 major trophies compared to their 39 says it all. Liverpool being English footballs most successful in Europe also says differently. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realise 11 is more than 5.

If Luis Suarez does leave Liverpool, like Javier Mascherano it will be for family reasons. Mascherano left for genuine reasons as he felt ''lonely in a large crowd''. He and his family couldn't settle.

However there is an adage that there is no player bigger than Liverpool. This is true. Fernando Torres got the full force of venom when he assumed this was not the case. Michael Owen was told to shut the door on his way out.

Liverpool Football club as a whole have way too much class to do what Sympathy FC did. They pulled down Wayne Rooneys pants and sucked his cock.

Wayne Rooney is now bigger than Sympathy FC. They may claim differently, but a £150,000 a week payrise says the complete opposite.

That's the difference between us and them. Luis Suarez may go or he may not. However there will always be a Liverpool Football Club.

I fucking hate the way he has been treated by the whole sport reporting media, journalists and even ITKs.

Yes what he done was wrong, yes he knows it was wrong and yes he has been punished for it.

But that is no reason to literally chase him out of country with pitchforks, whilst labelling him a demon possessed.

The treatment he has received has been unacceptable and if he leaves then he leave because of that, not because he hated LFC, the city, fans or the manager.

He will leave because the press are forcing him to. Yes Real Madrid is a big offer to turn down If it even existed.

As a footballer brilliant, but as a guy he's an arse, claims no one supported him, when he was in trouble, Liverpool and fans backed him to the hilt and he sure didn't help Dalglish's prospects, he owes us and KK big time for that one alone, but he plays the blame game, so that he can say its all down to bad media coverage thats pushing him to the move he probably wants anyway, he pulled the same stroke at Ajax, also who had a worse media hounding than Beckham when he was sent off for England in the world cup, he was booed at every ground he played at, but he showed the media and fans that his talent was greater than their critisim and he became a hero again, does Suarez have the balls to do likewise or more to the point does he want to, then again maybe we can now claim back the reputation he sullied, no one but no one is bigger than Liverpool FC.