You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goalkeepers

Is it just me, or was the last great one Clemence? There are some out there who are brilliant at times wiht camera saves, but then are prone to massive blunders and flappers. Kahn is done like a bratwurst left on the grill too long, Lehmann has gifted goals, Cuddicini as well in high games. That Ricardo flapped at a few, Howard as well. Look at the England keepers, Ian Walker? The only keeper to score from his arse on his own goal.

I think CK can be the PL #1- he seems to command the penalty box well, has the size and confines his blatant errors for U21 intls. A lot of keepers are parry-freaks these days as well. Catch it, ffs, or knock it down within arms reach.

Guest DIGGERS DRIBBLE

I would also include Brucie in the list of greats. You don't play in goal for the best team in Europe for the best part of 13 years without being a great goalkeeper. He made glaring mistakes but made up for it with some outstanding saves and performances. Although we could have won 2 more European cups if it hadn't been for his errors in 1982 & 1983

Yes, Rudolph. And Neville. Schmeichel was unbeatable more often than not, and what a big bastard he was. A mate of mine met him in Manchester airport one summer, and shook his hand. He says they were the biggest set of paws he'd ever since in his life.

Biggest paws me ever saw were on Barry Mcguigan.

Tiny man - huge freaky hands. I shit you not, ONE of his fingers were like 3 of mine.

Schmeichel, though it pains me to say it, is the best I've seen since the days of Clemence, Shilton and Jennings. He absolutely dominated his area and defence and intimidated loads of forwards with his sheer presence. He was also great at starting attacks with huge throws.

Guest Scrillz

And another one joined the club:

Arsenal have signed Spanish goalkeeper Manuel Almunia(27 years) for an undisclosed fee.

Could someone tell me WHY the buy retarded goalkeepers, and at that age too..

I just cant get it .

Clemence is by far the best goalkeeper I've ever season. Scmeichel was a great shot stopper but very rarely came out for a cross, amazing for such a big man.

Brucie, the most amazing thing about him was that we won so many trophy's with a keeper who was trying to lose......allegedly.

Clemence is by far the best goalkeeper I've ever season. Scmeichel was a great shot stopper but very rarely came out for a cross, amazing for such a big man.

Brucie, the most amazing thing about him was that we won so many trophy's with a keeper who was trying to lose......allegedly.

Don't think Ray would be too keen on you seasoning him, but you're spot on , best keeper LFC or England have ever had. Never understood why he went and he should have been brought in as a coach instead of that buffoon from Maine Road.

Don't think Ray would be too keen on you seasoning him, but you're spot on , best keeper LFC or England have ever had. Never understood why he went and he should have been brought in as a coach instead of that buffoon from Maine Road.

I thought Buffoon played for Juve.

In my opinion Howard and Kirky are the two players who could go on to become greats. Howard has made on high profile mistake but looks a really good signing.

I'd settle for Kirkland just playing for a bit an not getting injured this year though.

Howard was very good up until Christmas but has been nothing more than distinctly average ever since imo.

How is he doing?...Has he become Bob Balder yet??? ;)

Saw him playing for Philips All Stars in the Hong Kong Sevens last week - never mind Bob Balder we're talking Bob Baldest these days. Having said that, he stopped two pens in the shoot out to win them the game, so his knees obviusly haven't gone just yet..

Saw him playing for Philips All Stars in the Hong Kong Sevens last week - never mind Bob Balder we're talking Bob Baldest these days. Having said that, he stopped two pens in the shoot out to win them the game, so his knees obviusly haven't gone just yet..

No wonder he saved pens....with such an aerodynamic haircut! :)...lightning quick on the goal line...

He went, according to rumours at the time, because he got his baby sitter pregnant. She happened to be the daughter of a well known comedian who was often on TV at the time.

These rumours were not confirmed and may be just speculation.