You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Unbroadcast film shows Hillsborough witness was right

norwichlfc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt it to. I think it might be because we know the bastards will get away with it.

Also felt more angry than before.

Personally i think it was the brilliant way panorama edited it, from the tragedy and the heartbreak of the day to in the next frame another lie used by the SYP and government of the day blown away.

Back and forth, tragedy- lies.

The tv channels in general have reallygone to town on this since the report came out. Lets just hope those who need to be brought to justice are dragged to court soon

Anybody who thinks it wasn't a Freemason cover up between the Government,Police and Civil Servants, needs their head testing. The fact that Bettison and then Hogan Howe got sent down here as Chief of Police to keep an eye/ lid on things is incredible.

An excellent programme which was an uncomfortable watch.

How this all plays out is unclear. Negligence, incompetence, poor decision making and bad luck can be uncertain measures in tragedies. Separating them nearly a quarter of a century on is no easy task.

The victory for football fans was won a long time ago. Modern stadia, much improved stewarding, hugely improved stadia communication/cctv, disaster planning, better policing and much improved crowd behaviour just a few of the wins.

The establishment collusion in obfuscating the nature of the tragedy was unforgivable, and appears criminal. In turn , two things become confused. Criminal blame in relation to the cause of the tragedy has always been debateable. Criminal blame in relation to falsification of evidence far more clear cut, and it is the latter which, in my view, should be pursued.

Yes hooray for investigative journalism.

It has only taken 24 years for the media to look at this objectively and then only because the families have been so dogged and tenacious in pursuit of justice.

It is easy to kick against an open door; I'm grateful we have arrived where we are but bitter it has taken so long.

Where were the journos when we needed them?

Yes hooray for investigative journalism.

It has only taken 24 years for the media to look at this objectively and then only because the families have been so dogged and tenacious in pursuit of justice.

It is easy to kick against an open door; I'm grateful we have arrived where we are but bitter it has taken so long.

Where were the journos when we needed them?

This was my over-riding feeling as well. It's obviously a great tool to keep educating people but still 24 years too late from the BBC for me.

I think people are being way too harsh on the Beeb here. There's nothing obviously incriminating in the videos. It's only when you combine them with the eyewitness testimony, and the dismissal of that testimony by the inquest, that you have your smoking gun. It takes a leap of intuition to make the link, and there's no guarantee that just looking through both for long enough will cause someone to make the link. Well done to Peter Marshall for joining the dots.

My only criticism to Panorama last night was that it seem to let the FA off the hook.

It concentrated on the police and government cover up. It let the FA, council and Sheffield Wednesday off the hook. But it was a must watch, and an angry and distressing watch.

The other thing that's been bothering me about this why has it taken so long for the BBC bring something like this out? They've had all this 'unseen footage' for decades are they part of the cover up? Doesn't make sense to me.

Wasn't that coverage they had from the police cameras or the grounds surveillance?

I know they had some of their own footage but I don't think it was ever as conclusive as those sections of footage last night.

Yeah, I found that a harder watch than all the previous ones. I couldn't explain why.

For me it was watching those clips of Kevin alive and also Mr Jones talking about the fella punching the brick wall in the gym and nobody giving a toss and the pain he felt when talking about it.

And watching Anne.

I have to admire the courage and dedication shown by Anne and other families who have struggled for justice for all the 96... They (as have been said), have shown so much dignity and self control in all this time.

I personally would have lost it big time, and wanted revenge, but they have never done this and slowly but surely they have got the Justice the 96 deserve.

An alarming programme to watch because of the completely unreconstructed attitude of the likes of Straw, Dear, Wells etc. Even now, they still don't get what they did. I really hope the families get the justice they deserve but the attitudes on display make me fear that they won't. Hope I'm wrong.

it was hard watching i recorded and might watch again as in one clip i'm sure i saw myself and my mates over on the pitch by the north stand.we had to get over there to let a mate of ours know that we were alright as he had a stand ticket.a lot of what happened that day is still a blank to me i never relised that there was 3 ambulances that came onto the pitch only ever remember the 1.jft96

The footage of Annes lad and Trevor's girls was as brutal as it comes. I thought the doc was pretty well made but it could of gone a lot deeper and in my opinion been more shocking. The FA, Sheffield Council, Sheff Wed get right off the hook.

Some of the tactics used by the police to cover it up are unbelievable.

9 mins in.

Hillsborough: Never Forgotten - Part 1 - YouTube

8.45 mins

Hillsborough: Never Forgotten - Part 2 - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KERUzyL7WXo

Hillsborough: Never Forgotten - Part 4 - YouTube

It's a massive eye opener for people who go up against the state. I'm not sure if it truly shocking, it's more perverse than that.

They knew it was all in a box, in a warehouse in Sheffield and all anyone had to do was open the boxes read the files, pull all the footage from the BBC and start putting a case together.

These two documentaries pulled together a case that 10 years of enquiries couldn't be bothered to do.

I digress

You want to know your pensions worth fuck all

You want to know why fuel prices are escalating beyond inflation

You want to know why petrol prices have been fixed for 10 years

You want to know why rail networks are part foreign state owned, profits used to keep their own networks affordable

You want to know why no bankers have gone to jail

You want to know why no companies pay corporation tax

You want to know David Camerons family had offshore accounts in Panama

No sit there and watch who's been ejected out of the big brother house and here's a fkin 1,000 channels of it.

Unbelievable commitment from the groups that have kept this going, truly unbelievable.

The footage of Annes lad and Trevor's girls was as brutal as it comes. I thought the doc was pretty well made but it could of gone a lot deeper and in my opinion been more shocking. The FA, Sheffield Council, Sheff Wed get right off the hook.

Some of the tactics used by the police to cover it up are unbelievable.

9 mins in.

Hillsborough: Never Forgotten - Part 1 - YouTube

8.45 mins

Hillsborough: Never Forgotten - Part 2 - YouTube

Hillsborough: Never Forgotten - Part 3 - YouTube

Hillsborough: Never Forgotten - Part 4 - YouTube

It's a massive eye opener for people who go up against the state. I'm not sure if it truly shocking, it's more perverse than that.

They knew it was all in a box, in a warehouse in Sheffield and all anyone had to do was open the boxes read the files, pull all the footage from the BBC and start putting a case together.

These two documentaries pulled together a case that 10 years of enquiries couldn't be bothered to do.

I digress

You want to know your pensions worth fuck all

You want to know why fuel prices are escalating beyond inflation

You want to know why petrol prices have been fixed for 10 years

You want to know why rail networks are part foreign state owned, profits used to keep their own networks affordable

You want to know why no bankers have gone to jail

You want to know why no companies pay corporation tax

You want to know David Camerons family had offshore accounts in Panama

No sit there and watch who's been ejected out of the big brother house and here's a fkin 1,000 channels of it. I don't think you have to be a moaning old get you just have to keep pushing away, asking questions, refusing to be put off.

Going back to the groups that have been fighting this, Unbelievable commitment, truly unbelievable. I think we'll see the light one day. It would be nice if those responsible we eventually held accountable