You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Minor annoyances

Sugar Ape

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that try to push past me to get on a train or bus because I am waiting for people to get off. Believe me' date=' that doesn't go we'll for them.[/quote']

This happened to me in that there London a couple of months ago. I ended up whacking the fella with the baby's pram, his bruise must have hurt the next day.

The neighbours either side of us. Nothing major in the scheme of things but I wonder what we've done to have got two of the most annoying neighbours in our street.

I have had a very pleasant morning pottering in my garden minding my own business, I've come back in for some lunch and now I can hear the one to the right come out into her garden and when I go back out again she'll starting uffing and puffing trying to get my attention, which I studiously ignore, or she'll just start telling you something. And she goes on and on moaning about something or other. If it's not her husband its one of her kids. Woe is me, the things I have to put up with, blah, blah.

I was having such a nice time. Grr....

Have you thought about getting a fence? They're quite good at blocking out unwanted heads.

Have you thought about getting a fence? They're quite good at blocking out unwanted heads.

We've got a fence. Sadly, its not a solid one though as we get strong winds from that direction and a solid one would just blow down

People putting dirty washing up in the sink instead of next to it.

Used tea bags left in the sink. Fucking animals.

These are not minor.

The unorganised sink is a perennial problem that society at large has chosen to ignore.

Cutlery should be placed to the extreme right so as to permit more room for plates and other larger items. It has to be to the extreme right so the bottom plate can be flat. This allows more room for other items to be soaked UNDER THE WATER before being washed. Also, should you need to access it in the interim period of placing it in the sink and it being washed, you know exactly where to rummage for the sharp knife.

Pans and other oddities like measuring jugs and the like should NOT be bunged on top of the soaking sink as they are not under water, just add unnecessary grease and grime and need to be placed back on the hob before being washed.

Glasses should be washed first as they are most in need of the bubbles.

When the sink is full, items should not be bunged on top, they should be placed TO A DESIGNATED SIDE (in my case RIGHT) of the sink so I know they need washing. Items on the left look like they need to put away.

And finally...

Teabags can be placed in the bin, not in a sink, nor even dripped all over the floor by the AMAZING act of carrying the cup over to the bin and spooning it out of the cup and into the bin.

It's a wonderful world, people.

Dogs that arent satisfied with a pat on the head and a quick back scratch but continuously nudge you for more.

And dog owners who indulgently smile or worse pretend to admonish their pet dog while it aggressively noses your groin or slobbers over your hands.

And as for dog owners who put stuff the wrong way in sinks, don't get me started on them...

EDIT: Ahhhh! Nightmare scenario! Dog owners who put the dog food knife in your beautiful pristine sink!

These are not minor.

The unorganised sink is a perennial problem that society at large has chosen to ignore.

The GF washing up etiquette

Cutlery should be placed to the extreme right so as to permit more room for plates and other larger items. It has to be to the extreme right so the bottom plate can be flat. This allows more room for other items to be soaked UNDER THE WATER before being washed. Also, should you need to access it in the interim period of placing it in the sink and it being washed, you know exactly where to rummage for the sharp knife.

Pans and other oddities like measuring jugs and the like should NOT be bunged on top of the soaking sink as they are not under water, just add unnecessary grease and grime and need to be placed back on the hob before being washed.

When the sink is full, items should not be bunged on top, they should be placed TO A DESIGNATED SIDE (in my case RIGHT) of the sink so I know they need washing. Items on the left look like they need to put away.

And finally...I have another

Teabags can be placed in the bin, not in a sink, nor even dripped all over the floor by the AMAZING act of carrying the cup over to the bin and spooning it out of the cup and into the bin.

Sharp knives left in the water? I dont think so. House rules say never leave a sharp knife submerged underwater.

And my other one, well, 2 actually....

Your milk is the milk you brought in, not taken from someone else's carton

And what about wiping the worktops of your dripping teabags before you fuck off back to your desk/whatever

Trying to get an appointment at the doctors. 8 fucking days before I can get seen to. I've been feeling like shit for weeks but have been putting it off because I can't be arsed but now I've finally got around to it the cunts spring that one on me. I'll probably be fucking better by then anyway or dead. Either way, it's not worth fucking bothering.

Guest ShoePiss
These are not minor.

And finally...

It is, get a dishwasher.

It is, get a dishwasher.

I assumed this was aimed at the dirty fuckers we work with. A dishwasher? Are you serious? They dont even provide cleaning materials for washing up at my place

Hold it in the water then.

Do NOT put a serrated cutting instrument hidden where I'm about to make a grasp with my soft, fairy liquid hands.

There is no chance of injury. I forgot to add - all cutlery has to be handles down, metal facing up when they are on the extreme right hand side of the bowl.

That's right, I am OCD.

Happy now?

*slams door*

*comes back and slams it another two times*

Those supermarket "separator" things.

When I'm at the checkout I don't use them. There's no need for them. You just leave a small empty bit on the conveyor belt thing bewteen the end of the person in front's stuff and the start of yours.

But ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, the person in front has a small panic and HAS to find one to place there.

The thought that they might pay for my milk and that I follow them home to case the joint, then break into their fridge when they are asleep and steal back my milk is just too much for their tiny brains to cope with.

Your milk is the milk you brought in

The thought that they might pay for my milk and that I follow them home to case the joint, then break into their fridge when they are asleep and steal back my milk is just too much for their tiny brains to cope with.

Eh...huh...yeah.