You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Minor annoyances

Sugar Ape

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way the Americanism "season" appears to be replacing "series" in everyday usage.

Note also the surreptitious adoption of the word "gotten".

Alas, sometimes on these very boards.

"Are we all American yet?"

And as for dog owners who put stuff the wrong way in sinks, don't get me started on them...

EDIT: Ahhhh! Nightmare scenario! Dog owners who put the dog food knife in your beautiful pristine sink!

Anyone in particular, razor?

The sharp knife needs to soak too, Champ.

That's what your one and a half bowl sink combo is for

There is no chance of injury. I forgot to add - all cutlery has to be handles down, metal facing up when they are on the extreme right hand side of the bowl.

That's right, I am OCD.

Happy now?

And I thought I had it bad!

cellophane covers on ready meals, says take it all off, takes you 3 fucking hours cos it comes off in tiny pieces, grrrr

Speaking of cellophane, those tubs of salads you get with a peel back cellophane covering are pretty annoying if you dont finish it all and you're left with a lid that's all curled up and doesnt cover the salad properly any more

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davelfc

You can add to that people arriving far too early, it just leads to you forgetting something.

I'm all for punctual but there's a sensible on time and a ridiculously early.

Guest davelfc
Shopkeepers who hand me my notes and coins in a pile despite me clearly holding my wallet and intending to put the notes in there. Now I have to separate the notes and coins. Thanks a lot, fuckskull.

They wrap it all up in the receipt and to get out of the way, you shove it all in your pocket. A little later when you go to grab the note from that pocket it ends up emptying your change all over the floor. You're then left holding a receipt which you thought was a £5 but then notice that's actually blowing across the road.

Grasses in work

Needlessly copying people into emails to try and impress/clutter your email

People creating more work for you due to their stupidity

Middle age women

Communal work kitchens

Women who think their reason for having time off is more valid than yours

Pregnant women who can't make a round of tea in work because they are pregnant but still smoke

People who can't manage their own finances

Weddings

Middle aged people telling you about house prices

Thick people

Women who wear ill fitting clothes

People with no social tact

Hypocrites

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Down the gym,my locker has a lock dangling on it,surrounded by various empty lockers with no lock dangling on it,then I finish the work out to find a lock dangling on the lock next to mine,I return from the shower to find owner of said lock has too finished resulting in me having to take my gear across the room for more space! You have the whole locker room,why park yourself next to mine??

Grasses in work

Needlessly copying people into emails to try and impress/clutter your email

People creating more work for you due to their stupidity

Middle age women

Communal work kitchens

Women who think their reason for having time off is more valid than yours

Pregnant women who can't make a round of tea in work because they are pregnant but still smoke

People who can't manage their own finances

Weddings

Middle aged people telling you about house prices

Thick people

Women who wear ill fitting clothes

People with no social tact

Hypocrites

So life in general then?

Trying to get my sister to make a decision about....anything

My dad says "don't mind" or "not worried" if you ask him about anything

My mum could ask him if he wanted to go on holiday to New York or Butlins and he'd say "don't mind"

My dad says "don't mind" or "not worried" if you ask him about anything

My mum could ask him if he wanted to go on holiday to New York or Butlins and he'd say "don't mind"

Fair play to him, he's been with your mum that long that he's completely stopped listening and has developed a standard answer for everything.