You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Holiday Plans

Bjornebye

We are flying me mum over here at the end of May and then we are going down to Florida for the first 2 weeks of June. She hasn't see the grandkids in two and a half years - which is a long time since they are 9 and 6. We are renting a villa on the Gulf Coast. Looking forward to it. Been far too busy lately so really looking forward to a break!

Humid as hell then, G.

Where about...Sarasota, St Pete's etc?

Will be going to Marrakech for a few days at some point. It is a place I have always wanted to visit.

Looking to go to Yaroslavl for at least two weeks maybe longer. Got a place to stay for free and it is suppose to be a beautiful place. Another thing I have always wanted to do is go on the Trans Siberian express. If all goes well with the horses I will combine The Yaroslavl holiday with this as well.

September for me mate' date=' you there before? If so you can tell me all about where to go, where not to go, and probably more where not to go.[/quote']

I go first week of June for 3 nights. I'm actually dreading it.

I went to Benidorm for a family holiday when I was about 16/17. It's sunshine, beach and beers aplenty so it's not all bad, but yeah totally full of sunburnt, hammered English people and Hawkers. Might be mixing it up with somewhere else but I think it had an old town which was a bit more authentic and quite nice.

Humid as hell then, G.

Where about...Sarasota, St Pete's etc?

Got a villa on the nature coast, just north of Tampa. We are a couple of miles inland in Spring Hill as it is a lot more house for the money. We will be in range to go anywhere we like for the day - Clearwater, St Pete, Pine Island, Tarpon Springs, Weeki Wachee, Homassosa, etc. - or we can chill out at the house as the mood takes us, and enjoy a nice bbq, swimming, sunbathing and Mrs G's famous mojito's.

Got a villa on the nature coast, just north of Tampa. We are a couple of miles inland in Spring Hill as it is a lot more house for the money. We will be in range to go anywhere we like for the day - Clearwater, St Pete, Pine Island, Tarpon Springs, Weeki Wachee, Homassosa, etc. - or we can chill out at the house as the mood takes us, and enjoy a nice bbq, swimming, sunbathing and Mrs G's famous mojito's.

Very nice!

Good travel blog in the Guardian the other day re Florida

United States | Travel | The Guardian

Benidorm is a shithole and is like the Jeremy Kyle show on tour but you can certainly enjoy yourself if you go to the right places.

Our cricket team tour there every year. I've never been but the one overriding bit of advice they give is never fuck with the bouncers. The doors are apparently run by Russian mafia and they are not averse to doling out beatings.

Not that you would of course but if they say you ain't coming in, you don't debate it.

Tell me you are going to Cinqueterra between Portofino and Lucca? It's not accessible by car but easy by train and is an absolute must see place, completely stunning.

Also just before Portofino there is a very nice beach called Camogli that I recommend.

We are there for a week and was already planning to visit the cinque terre. Camogli looks quite close so I'll have a ride over there too.

Cruise eastern med. Marmaris,istanbul,kusadasi,Athens,lesbos,mykonos

Just got back tonight,brilliant time,at sea on Route to istanbul on my birthday,lots of alcohol consumed! Went with Thomson on Thomson celebration ship,fillipino crew,ace people.recommend it

Our cricket team tour there every year. I've never been but the one overriding bit of advice they give is never fuck with the bouncers. The doors are apparently run by Russian mafia and they are not averse to doling out beatings.

Not that you would of course but if they say you ain't coming in, you don't debate it.

"Out"

"what do you mean out?"

"It means not fucking in"

name the film?

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Just got back 2 weeks in Malta (Qawra) great time had......off again 15th June(same) and again 14th September....love Malta.....am not loaded but if you make plans well in advance bargains are a plenty!

Do it every year.....well you can't rely on this country for sun.."you could wait for a life-time...to spend your days in the sunshine" etc

We're gonna have a newborn baby so going abroad is out of the question. While I was in Reading with the outreach programme, she went and booked a week in a caravan in Towyn. Fucking Towyn! I'll be on that 'Holidays from Hell' programme sometime in September. To be fair, she's southern so hasn't had the pleasure of North Wales slums in the past. The only saving grace is that it's close to the North-West so we can spend 3 or 4 of the days visiting family and friends to show off the baba.

Towyn/Speke/Runcorn. Holidays don't come much more exciting than that.

Definitely gonna go abroad next year though.

Hahaha, you poor bastard. I don't even drive through Towyn, it was Towyn and not Tywyn wasn't it? Tywyn is the nicer version for a seaside. 'kin Towyn, I'm laughing but i'm actually feeling sorry for you. x

I leave for France thursday afternoon, not packed a thing yet, for me, or any of the 5 kids, I'm in Aberystwyth tomorrow so can't even start until i get home. Or i could get off here and start now... nahhhhhhhhhhh

• 1 year later...