You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

Trying to eat more healthily and save a few quid. Taken to batch cooking my meals for the week on a Sunday.

Today made:

Chickpeas cooked in smoked paprika, chilli flakes, garlic and chopped tomatoes 
Broccoli florets roasted in lemon, garlic, oil and parmesan
Aubergine roasted in chilli oil and North African spices, little bit of honey drizzled on when done
Mixed peppers roasted in oil
Mint yoghurt 

Going to have a portion of each with some vegetable couscous, freshly chopped avocado with lime and toasted walnuts for my lunch every day, ‘Buddha bowl’ style.

Reckon it set me back about a fiver. Only trouble now is I have to actually eat it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Dear Foodies of the GF,

Should I spend some of the Christmas money I’ve extorted from my two teenagers on one of these?

Thanks in anticipation of all advice, useless or otherwise.

YorkshireRed.

D901BBAD-F5BC-421F-817E-3F0DA4DC4DEA.jpeg

C3PO might get jealous. 

Anyway, is that one of the lezzers in your avatar? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

C3PO might get jealous. 

Anyway, is that one of the lezzers in your avatar? 

Nope - the neighbour lezzer (although I think she may not be full lezzer) currently owes me a favour after she borrowed my outdoor tap to fill up half her hot tub. Only half as the wife was on her way home and might not have approved. 

14 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Dear Foodies of the GF,

Should I spend some of the Christmas money I’ve extorted from my two teenagers on one of these?

Thanks in anticipation of all advice, useless or otherwise.

YorkshireRed.

D901BBAD-F5BC-421F-817E-3F0DA4DC4DEA.jpeg

What is it?

8 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

It’s one of those Ninja things. Looks good but I don’t know anyone who actually has one. 

Ah - that is combo pressure/air/crock I think.

Got an air fryer and a pressure - use both.

Air fryer is great for frozen stuff (wings, onion rings etc) - for me I don't use it for fresh stuff but I know you can.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Nope - the neighbour lezzer (although I think she may not be full lezzer) currently owes me a favour after she borrowed my outdoor tap to fill up half her hot tub. Only half as the wife was on her way home and might not have approved. 

Thats been the plan all along right? 

Having made a lot of sourdough this year, I decided to venture out and make a chocolate focaccia, served warm with Nutella, cream cheese, raspberries and pomegranate seeds. Neither a pudding nor a bread for lunch, its a perfect, indulgent brunch/afternoon tea snack. 

20201223_153524.jpg

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Having made a lot of sourdough this year, I decided to venture out and make a chocolate focaccia, served warm with Nutella, cream cheese, raspberries and pomegranate seeds. Neither a pudding nor a bread for lunch, its a perfect, indulgent brunch/afternoon tea snack. 

20201223_153524.jpg

There's no way that is anything other than fantastic, never heard of it before but now it's my main goal in life to wear a full gown of chocolate focaccia and lie in a bath of tequila.

What a time to be alive

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Remmie said:

There's no way that is anything other than fantastic, never heard of it before but now it's my main goal in life to wear a full gown of chocolate focaccia and lie in a bath of tequila.

What a time to be alive

Here's the recipe, Don Remmie.

I didn't bake it in a cast iron skillet (the only one we have is a griddle pan and it's a bit small) but instead used a Le Creuset/stoneware baking dish and it was spot on.

Edit - the forum software seems to have compressed the image, so here's a link.

https://www.allfoodchef.com/no-knead-chocolate-chunk-focaccia-recipe/

20201230_075454.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 5 weeks later...