You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

No we shouldn't get rid. He's a world class player and we have very few of those. I'm not sure I'd have the same opinion if most of our ther players had done it. Why couldn't Shelvey be the one who was completely insane instead? Who cares what the media or mongs on phone ins think? They were happy for United to keep Cantona even though he attacked someone in the crowd (even if that guy deserved it it doesn't mean it was in any way acceptable). We shouldn't try to defend him either as there would be no point. Get him to apologise and accept whatever ban is given. I think it's fair to say Kevin Friend didn't see it. He's a poor referee but I'm pretty sure he knows players aren't allowed to bite the opposition.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the manager and club publicly condemn his actions, allow him to serve the ban, get Dr Peters (and a translator) to work with him extensively on controlling his behaviour in matches and allow him back into the first team squad under the proviso if it happens again, he's gone. Thats the most logical way of handling it.

When he deliberately breaks someone's ankle or rapes a beauty queen, then maybe I'll not support him.

Fuck the hypocrites in the media.

Wise words.It wont be seen like that though will it.I would rather have a half arse bite on the arm than an elbow in the teeth or a knee high tackle, both of which happen every week.Since when did it matter what the press think of anything.I find it amusing that these ex player pundits express their mock horror while conveniently forgetting their past misdemeanors.

Luis isn't a dirty player he's just a crazy fucker,but what a player.

I cant for the life of me work out why any supporter would want to sell him.

He deserves a ban for this in fairness. A needless action and harmful to the club. It doesn't matter if he's our best player or not he shouldn't be doing that. That said I don't want him sold either. But if he keeps up this nonsense I won't be surprised if he eventually is fucked off.

As stupid as the bite was, I've just been listening to Redknapp and Souness debating the incident in the Sky studio, and am appalled that the clear insinuation is that Liverpool need to get rid. Make no mistake, that will be the media narrative from this point on. I don't recall much in the way of mass hysteria and talk of the need to get rid every time Cantona acted the cunt, and he was somebody with way more baggage than Suarez before he arrived in England.

Is Souness saying that we should get rid of Suarez for this? If so, that is breathtaking hypocrisy. Just ask Lica Movila...

Interviu_savuros_cu_Lica_Movila_vila.jpg

He will be able to answer you a bit more clearly now than he would have in 1984, when Souness punched him and broke his jaw in a European Cup semi final.

Mind you, that was in the days before 24-hour rolling moralising.

The bottom line is, anybody who says we need to get rid over this does not have the club's interests at heart. (And I'm speaking as someone who would have, reluctantly, been calling for him to be sold or sacked if there had been any truth to Evra's lies.)

Let the manager and club publicly condemn his actions, allow him to serve the ban, get Dr Peters (and a translator) to work with him extensively on controlling his behaviour in matches and allow him back into the first team squad under the proviso if it happens again, he's gone. Thats the most logical way of handling it.

You can't do this with Luis. I read somewhere:

Suarez acts before he thinks. Thats what makes him so brilliant and so volatile.

Its true. He pisses defenders off and (when he doesnt do something stupid like this) he does it well. At 28 (I think), he's pretty much a finished package.

Luis Suarez. Will score you goals then get himself banned for 5 games.

Guest ShoePiss

I don't remember seeing many people in the match thread saying they want him to be sold. I've questioned how we can keep him after this and feel (like others) that it's inevitable.

He's put the club in a very difficult position, the best we can hope for is that it blows over but from experience the chances of that aren't high are they?

Thing is the ref saw it didn't he? So in effect why should it be any different to Mc Manamans career ending tackle the other week?

I know it's disgusting what he did but just coz say the Mail or Sky demands him to be banned, hung, flogged...etc should make no difference....rules are rules.

Ivanovic was asking Kevin Friend about it after full time. You could clearly see Friend say "No, I didn't see it".

Support the lad, show him some love because he's one of ours.

Yeh, he deserves some punishment (that's IF he actually did bite the Chelsea cunt), however let's try and educate and genuinely rehabilitate the lad, not simply turn our backs on the kid and hang him out to dry.

Is that who WE really are ?

Some "fans" on this site (and the wankers phoning into the radio stations who are all far too keen to give anyone a platform to bash Luis Suarez), need to take a breath and reflect before spouting their fevered condemnation.