You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fat useless cunt

You said he never dared to play abroad, its probably one of the most stupid statements I've ever seen seeing that was exactly what he was doing.

You know what he means, he means in a decent league like Spain or Italy. Cantona would have been kicked to shit in Italy, he'd have spent most of his career in the tunnel after having thrown his boots at someone or some shit. Andy Carroll would have been a 30 goal a season man in the 90s.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cantona's lack of international football was more down to him being a cunt than anything else.

As I say, I'm not denying he was a top class player. But if you could put a France side toegther with all their best players of the last 20 years, Zidane, Anelka, Henry, Pires etc and we were playing them tomorrow, would anyone really be arsed about Cantona if he was in there?

Guest ShoePiss
As I say, I'm not denying he was a top class player. But if you could put a France side toegther with all their best players of the last 20 years, Zidane, Anelka, Henry, Pires etc and we were playing them tomorrow, would anyone really be arsed about Cantona if he was in there?

Well Zidane boots him out of the side every time but that doesn't tell anyone much. I don't want to praise him anyway, Utd made sure he was never going to be underrated. Still, he was instrumental in Leeds and Utd teams winning the league, hard to dispute that one.

You know what he means, he means in a decent league like Spain or Italy. Cantona would have been kicked to shit in Italy, he'd have spent most of his career in the tunnel after having thrown his boots at someone or some shit. Andy Carroll would have been a 30 goal a season man in the 90s.

It was a statement so absurd that the only thing more absurd would be to try and defend it.

Cantona was the France captain until the Selhurst Park incident, please stop chatting shite.

I remember him being completely anonymous in his last season, the season before a lot of mancs were flapping that he'd just turn round and pack in but that last season he hardly did a thing and slipped away quietly.

You cannot argue that he was a class player, one season he scored so many important goals he was the only difference between them winning the league and not. He had no reason to leave the mancs, he'd wandered round many clubs doing nothing or scrapping with people, then Fergudon shows faith in him and they win their first league title for 26 years, he's hailed as their saviour, plus they stood by him when he volleyed that fat cunt at Palace. Most other clubs would have sacked him or handed him over to the thin lizzies.

It was a statement so absurd that the only thing more absurd would be to try and defend it.

Cantona was the France captain until the Selhurst Park incident, please stop chatting shite.

I'm in exalted company when a mentalist like you tells me he's never heard such a stupid statement from anybody else.

Now you understand how others feel about a lot of your own stuff.

I'm in exalted company when a mentalist like you tells me he's never heard such a stupid statement from anybody else.

Now you understand how others feel about a lot of your own stuff.

There is a huge difference in what you think is stupid because you simply cant understand it and the ridiculous statement you made about a foreigner playing abroad never trying to play abroad.

If there was a world championship in stupid you would be a contender for the final.

There is a huge difference in what you think is stupid because you simply cant understand it and the ridiculous statement you made about a foreigner playing abroad never trying to play abroad.

If there was a world championship in stupid you would be a contender for the final.

I usually stand up for you as I dont mind you despite being a bit of a loon on numerous occasions.

This may change if you start launching insults at me over a slightly poorly worded statement that other posters were intelligent enough to understand the sentiment behind, yet you seem unable to do.

If I've reached the final,I've been runner up to you.

I usually stand up for you as I dont mind you despite being a bit of a loon on numerous occasions.

This may change if you start launching insults at me over a slightly poorly worded statement that other posters were intelligent enough to understand the sentiment behind, yet you seem unable to do.

If I've reached the final,I've been runner up to you.

I dont mind you Vlad, in fact I think you are pretty okay.

I'm bewildered to why you dont just admit it was a stupid to thing to say and be done with it though

I dont mind you Vlad' date=' in fact I think you are pretty okay.

I'm bewildered to why you dont just admit it was a stupid to thing to say and be done with it though[/quote']

It wasnt stupid it was just poorly worded. Ive already explained the gist of it and if you dont agree with what i was trying to say then fair enough.

he was surrounded by loads of good players too and never had the balls to go abroad to see if he was as good as everybody seemed to think.

This is an argument you can use for English players who never dare to leave England to play, but you cant say a Frenchman playing in England lacks the balls to go abroad to play when that is exactly what he has done.

This is an argument you can use for English players who never dare to leave England to play' date=' but you cant say a Frenchman playing in England lacks the balls to go abroad to play when that is exactly what he has done.[/quote']

You know that I meant the elite leagues in Europe at the time but I'm not going to keep going round in circles with you so I'm leaving it at that.

You know that I meant the elite leagues in Europe at the time but I'm not going to keep going round in circles with you so I'm leaving it at that.

Elite leagues like where? Like France?

European Cup semi finalists:

90/91: Red Star, Marseille, Bayern M, Spartak Moskva

91/92: Some group stage shite, Sampdoria-Barcelona final

92/93: Some group stage shite, Marseille-AC Milan final

93/94: Porto, Monaco, AC Milan, Barcelona

94/95: Ajax, Milan, Paris St Germain, Bayern M

95/96: Ajax, Juventus, Nantes, Panathinaikos

96/97: Dortmund, Juventus, Ajax, Man Utd (Cantona's final season)

97/98: Juventus, Monaco, Real Madrid, Dortmund

I guess we have established that France was one of these elite leagues you are talking about seeing they had teams in the semi finals in 6 of the 8 seasons from 90/91 to 97/98 and they actually had 4 different clubs reaching the semi finals during this time.

You can argue the PL was a bit shite and Cantona should have gone to another big league like the Dutch or the German, but I guess that was not your point was it?

You were just talking out of your arse and then later tried to defend the indefensible.

Cantona won the league title 6 times in 7 years with Marseille, Leeds and the mancs, the one year he did not win the title was when he was suspended for the second half of the season because of the fan incident.

So sorry for getting this back onto topic, Razor Ruddock, IMO good defender, not the best, but good. Then started getting fat and slow, but wasn't that due to a knee injury??

Now the drinking culture that went on, whose fault was it really?? Players for doing it, or the management for not clamping down on it and stopping it?

If the management weren't clamping down then surely it is their fault, yes players should be responsible but the managememnt should have noticed

So sorry for getting this back onto topic, Razor Ruddock, IMO good defender, not the best, but good. Then started getting fat and slow, but wasn't that due to a knee injury??

Now the drinking culture that went on, whose fault was it really?? Players for doing it, or the management for not clamping down on it and stopping it?

If the management weren't clamping down then surely it is their fault, yes players should be responsible but the management should have noticed

Roy Evans grew up in the Anfield of the 70s and 80s when the players could be trusted to have a few scoops, because they were dedicated to winning. They knew you had to earn the right to celebrate. They were treated like adults and responded correctly.

Ruddock's generation were a shower of greedy fuckers with a sense of entitlement and no thought for the poor saps who paid their wages and cared about whether Liverpool won or lost. Some of that generation may have grown up a bit since then. That bloated fat tramp hasn't.

Evans can only be blamed for the behaviour of the players to the extent that you can blame the Police when your house gets burgled - ultimately, it is the burglar's fault.

Roy Evans grew up in the Anfield of the 70s and 80s when the players could be trusted to have a few scoops, because they were dedicated to winning. They knew you had to earn the right to celebrate. They were treated like adults and responded correctly.

Ruddock's generation were a shower of greedy fuckers with a sense of entitlement and no thought for the poor saps who paid their wages and cared about whether Liverpool won or lost. Some of that generation may have grown up a bit since then. That bloated fat tramp hasn't.

Evans can only be blamed for the behaviour of the players to the extent that you can blame the Police when your house gets burgled - ultimately, it is the burglar's fault.

I agree with the Evans bit, but once he saw it getting out of hand, he should have clamped down on it. A lot of the players saw playing for the club as a status symbol, not playing for the passion. Of course there is exceptions to the rule on that, but also it coincided with more advertising and stuff, took the focus off playing for the players

I always refer to him as Neil.

'Razor' Ruddock was a completely different over hyped heavyweight' date=' but a genuine 'hard' cunt.

Neil Ruddock's just a name stealing fat fuck.[/quote']

Indeed, fought the majority of 12 rounds with Tyson suffering a broken jaw. Wish the fat Ruddock had a broken jaw whenever people ask him about his time with us.

The "winding Cantona up" stuff was cringing.

If the management weren't clamping down then surely it is their fault, yes players should be responsible but the managememnt should have noticed

Spot on! If I'd have known it was going to turn into a Cantona love in I'd have never have mentioned him... The overrated cunt!