You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Though James Pearce reckons Downing will be staying anyway.

@Nvl_lfc asked on Twitter: "Will we sell Downing?"

No. I don't think so. Rodgers has told Downing he's in his plans going forward and I think he deserves to be after the way he has turned things around this season.

Shame. Won't get much of that money back in the future. On a lot of wage, too. Impacts other deals in the future.

Why the fuck do people still wanna see the back of Downing, people find a target at LFC namingly a player. Then they just dig and dig despite how they have been playing. Knocks me sick really, it does. Seems once you have your claws in you don't soften up despite that they are doing great.

Good post. Happens to a lot of players at Liverpool. People want instant gratification and success. When they don't get it they lash out at the easy targets.

Fuck off Simon ya blert! Downing is a Fucking waste of space, a little bit like you. Get back to making stories up you little same head

And who the fuck do you think you are, you twat you know fuck all about me or my as you say " stories" so what makes someone trying to impress a waste of space. I want players giving 100% for this club. Could be fucking Paul McShane as long as he gave his all her get my support. But obviously your some new age glory hunter living in the past that expects every player to be world class or they are a cunt. There's only one cunt here and that is you.

And who the fuck do you think you are, you twat you know fuck all about me or my as you say " stories" so what makes someone trying to impress a waste of space. I want players giving 100% for this club. Could be fucking Paul McShane as long as he gave his all her get my support. But obviously your some new age glory hunter living in the past that expects every player to be world class or they are a cunt. There's only one cunt here and that is you.

bliss1.gif

If he stays, he stays. If he leaves, he leaves. I don't see what the big deal is and Downing is certainly good enough to be part of the squad. Raheem was over played and Coutinho can't play every game. I think we need another winger (hopefullt Tello) who is more of a goal threat but I'm not going to be angry if Downing isn't sold.

Downing does not give a shit and thats why he hides for over a year and when he scores he shuushes the fans. What an idiot

Downing has never replicated his Villa form for us and it's not through lack of opportunities either, however I'm glad we give most players the chance and it sorely, sorely pisses me off when I see him pulling that shit after a goal. If people have grumbled it's because they paid your not inconsiderable wages while watching you dish up footballing dross on the wings. Good luck trying that with any other club's fans.

If he stays, he stays. If he leaves, he leaves. I don't see what the big deal is and Downing is certainly good enough to be part of the squad. Raheem was over played and Coutinho can't play every game. I think we need another winger (hopefullt Tello) who is more of a goal threat but I'm not going to be angry if Downing isn't sold.

A fair summing up. He turned out to have a reasonable season and I wouldn't mind him stopping as a squad player.

Talking tactics, about which I know little, I'd prefer Couthino to play at the front of the midfield three, with Gerrard deeper alongside whoever. Then a front three of Suarez, Sturridge and A N other.

I think when they're fit, that's a match for anyone.

As Simon said (hands on heads), fans do have a tendency to pick on a player, in my early days it was Ronnie Whelan. Until he got injured and people went "fuck me, he's quite good actually, we miss him"

I doubt he will be happy being a bit part player. if he stays he should only play on the left (when needed) where he is far more effective.

A fair summing up. He turned out to have a reasonable season and I wouldn't mind him stopping as a squad player.

Talking tactics, about which I know little, I'd prefer Couthino to play at the front of the midfield three, with Gerrard deeper alongside whoever. Then a front three of Suarez, Sturridge and A N other.

I think when they're fit, that's a match for anyone.

As Simon said (hands on heads), fans do have a tendency to pick on a player, in my early days it was Ronnie Whelan. Until he got injured and people went "fuck me, he's quite good actually, we miss him"

The only difference is Downing isn't that good and if we replaced him with someone who scores and creates goals we wouldn't miss him at all.

The only difference is Downing isn't that good and if we replaced him with someone who scores and creates goals we wouldn't miss him at all.

They two were separate points sorry.

One being I'd be happy for him to be a squad player which means I evidently don't think he's top draw.

The second being people do tend to choose a player and blame him for everything, letting established, more loved players off the hook sometimes.

I'm not surprised Downing is staying.

We would not get much by selling him and most likely have to pay him off as nobody else would give him his current contract.It would probably just about break even,might aswell keep him if that's the case

I'm not surprised Downing is staying.

We would not get much by selling him and most likely have to pay him off as nobody else would give him his current contract.It would probably just about break even,might aswell keep him if that's the case

How many years does he have on his contract?