You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Can't see what that Ilori offers that Martin Kelly doesn't.

All Martin Kelly does is keep the physio's busy.

I am a massive fan, and think he can go on to be a really good player. But, and its a fucking massive double decker bus sized but, his injuries are a huge concern.

He made his debut in 2008, and here we are at the end of 2012/13 season and he has made just 54 appearances during that period.

If we can bring someone in, who can improve the team - its a no brainer.

Wasn't there problems with Kelly's contract or was that sorted out?

He signed a new deal and Rodgers is a big fan going by his comments.

They seem to be trying to keep Kelly fit by giving him a person training programme which has helped Agger and Gerrard this season. I think I have heard he is doing a lot of yoga to help.

I also think centre back should help with his injuries as he has had a lot of muscle problems with torn hamstrings etc and he'll have less running to do at centre back than he does at right back.

He signed a new deal and Rodgers is a big fan going by his comments.

They seem to be trying to keep Kelly fit by giving him a person training programme which has helped Agger and Gerrard this season. I think I have heard he is doing a lot of yoga to help.

I also think centre back should help with his injuries as he has had a lot of muscle problems with torn hamstrings etc and he'll have less running to do at centre back than he does at right back.

Agreed.

The point I was making was that if Kelly isn't going to be a first choice centre half then why bring in another player? I doubt Ilori is going to be signed as a first choice (at least I hope he isn't) so why spend money on exactly the kind of player we already have. Yes, Kelly's injury record is a concern but we would be better off signing experienced cover unless this kid really is something special.

All Martin Kelly does is keep the physio's busy.

I am a massive fan, and think he can go on to be a really good player. But, and its a fucking massive double decker bus sized but, his injuries are a huge concern.

He made his debut in 2008, and here we are at the end of 2012/13 season and he has made just 54 appearances during that period.

If we can bring someone in, who can improve the team - its a no brainer.

True, but it's mostly soft tissue injuries with Kelly, is it not?

That can be sorted with the right training and physical therapy. I think Kelly has a big future at CB as long as he can keep fit.

He is the central midfield powerhouse dynamo extraordinaire that we are missing' date=' I am about 77% sure we would have won the league if we had have got him.[/quote']

At only 77% I wouldn't buy him, all our summer signings should give us at least 93.5% of winning the league.(I don't want to put to much pressure on them)

I spoke to my old head chef Portugese a mad Sporting Fan said he dont know much about Tiago Ilori which means hes not among there hottest prospects. Says Kikas and Rubio are the most promising.

They do indeed have high hopes for him. Here he is, modelling their new away kit.

2760665-Kick-ass-movie-3.jpg

Gerrard post match: "If the owners had given us Coutinho and Sturridge at the start of the season, we would have made champions league this year."

(Unless I gravely misheard that.)

What?!?!?! Gerrard out, all hail Ayre and the former Woman JW. Ya aint no guts to admit that the owners are always right and forever.

FSG > YNWA

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Aren't we still 6th in the form guide since January.

3pts from fourth on second half form. Unbelievable really, considering we got 36pts, that'd normally be enough to get fourth (72pts over a season) but it was a high scoring year for the top sides. We let ourselves down with a few draws recently.

Going into next season, we'll be one of the more settled clubs. Everton, City, United, and Chelsea will all have new managers. We'll have the same manager, with some new players. If we get those right, we could do really well.