Quantcast
Summer 2013 Transfer Thread - Page 409 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

I seem to remember that logic being used with Downing and Carroll.

But he is not 28 or will cost five to ten times his actual value, so you can't really compare these can you? But to suggest he is much worse than your Yarmolenkos etc who are totally unproven in England is ridiculous. It is always a gamble when you get a player in, but the stakes are much lower in a loan deal for a 22 year old (hopefully with a fixed transfer fee) than 35m upfront for a carthorse.

Decent player, but I feel Sterling and Ibe have more potential as wide players, and Sturridge is a better if played our wide in any case.

He is a big strong guy, with quite a bit of pace, could he play as a striker? I feel we're a bit short on that position...

Ibe needs to be brought on gradually or we coukd end up with him holding us to ransom lije sterling did for a new contract.

Sterling could end up in jail soon and will probably be distracted at the very least by all the court action.

Moses can do a job on the right for us. He has plenty of premiership experience. Hes obviously good defensively as rafa played him a lot in the kuyt role and he can get goals.

For me, it's just another Downing type signing. Fortunately, he's not going to cost 20m this time.

Loan deal for a 22 year old = 20m + 80kpw for a 27 year old? It is the opposite of a Downing type signing for me.

I am unsure either way but to say we should aim higher kind of ignores the fact that we have. Getting players that have been snapped up by top teams but 'it hasn't worked out' seems to be our best bet at the moment.

Also Rodgers will have contacts at Stamford Bridge and possibly Wigan, indirectly due to a lot of business taking place between them and Swansea. He may have asked Martinez for his opinion on the player. And besides, a loan deal is fairly risk free.

But he is not 28 or will cost five to ten times his actual value, so you can't really compare these can you? But to suggest he is much worse than your Yarmolenkos etc who are totally unproven in England is ridiculous. It is always a gamble when you get a player in, but the stakes are much lower in a loan deal for a 22 year old (hopefully with a fixed transfer fee) than 35m upfront for a carthorse.

No mate your logic was that if the player had a foreign sounding name people would be more appreciative.

Thats certainly not the case as a lot were questioning the Luis Alberto signing.

The problem is that we have enough potential in our team, Sterling, Ibe, Alberto etc. We need someone for the here and now.

Loan deal for a 22 year old = 20m + 80kpw for a 27 year old? It is the opposite of a Downing type signing for me.

In terms of quality it's not. Doesn't matter how much a player costs if they're good and they'll contribute and the costs can be justified. If we sign Moses for free on £5k a week and he performs for the next 2 years like downing has done, we're screwed as it will indicate we are still a mid table team.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

As in my post, I'm saying the financials of the deal are different. The level of signings - mid-table starting quality - is the same.

If we are looking at players who'll strengthen the first 11 then Moses is NOT the man, and with Ibe and Sterling waiting in the wings, it is debatable whether he'd even strengthen our bench.

Decent player, nowt special, next...

Moses is a cunt of a signing. Totally unnecessary. When the club have been piping on for the past 2months about adding proven quality to improve the first 11, Victor Moses doesnt fit the bill. We need a Suarez, a Coutinho, not another squad filler. I'd rather go with what we have, put faith in Sterling and Ibe than sign a lad who represents a minor upgrade on Downing. If that's the best we can muster then it's been a fine summer of cost cutting for FSG.

People are making a case for Moses now, why am I not surprised?

If we were linked with some shite like Puncheon some sorry apologist on here would be on here telling us what a great signing he would be.

Clowns.

People are making a case for Moses now, why am I not surprised?

If we were linked with some shite like Puncheon some sorry apologist on here would be on here telling us what a great signing he would be.

Clowns.

You probably called Cattermole World Class when we were linked under Dalglish. I guarantee you'd have said he was better than Lucas.

I think Moses would be an excellent signing. Still only 22, but wasn't fazed by playing for Chelsea so he'll be alright here as well.

Anything that allows Coutinho to move central is excellent news. A loan also puts faith in the two teenagers we have, sends a message to them that they should be learning off Moses and this time next year it should be them starting games.

I can't see us signing a big player now, it's too late. Eriksen should cost £15m, but if you leave it to the last week of the transfer window then what chance have Ajax got of bringing in a replacement? They'll double it, dickhead tax.

If its any consolation, just pretend that we have signed Suarez for £65m but he's injured until end Sep.

We're 2 for 2 without our best player, is it really necessary to panic buy 'anyone' because we missed out on Mkhitaryan and Willian? Keep our powder dry, we can hold out until January.

The chavs want a 2 mill loan fee and all his wages paid at 55k a week apparently

He'd cost us 4 mill for the year...good value?

Not for me.

It strikes me as another Kolo Toure type signing (yes that one has gone way better than anyone could have expected) but it`s worrying lack of ambition from the manager/transfer committee and FSG.

We need to be picking up players that will walk in to our starting 11 and Moses isn`t much of an upgrade on what we have. Fuck looking for squad fillers, get some quality in.

£2m IS a good fee because it means that Chelsea are receptive to this idea. If he helps us get CL then it's a great price.

Ps, Luis Alberto is always on the bench...which position does he offer cover for? DM or CM orAM? It's going to be interesting to watch him this season, £6m was a hefty fee for a fledgling talent, and yet frugal FSG paid it and Rodgers is including him in match day squads from the off.

Fuck looking for squad fillers, get some quality in.

Which is pretty much what Rodgers has said. But it's now a case of needs must.

FSG are going to be universally unpopular unless they spend this week.

Read something about El Confidencial, whatever the hell kind of newspaper that is, reported us as being interested in Di Maria. I guess that would be unlikely as hell, but if the interest from Real in Suarez takes off, we might be interested in some sort of exchange deal. Money + Di Maria and take Jese on a season long loan maybe?

Unlikely, but it wouldnt hurt.

Financially speaking its hard to argue with the deal.

Footballing wise, we wouldn't be taking a huge leap forward. Mind you many of us could be wrong and he might be a revelation for us but my gut says nope.

I think Moses would be decent, nothing more and I wouldn't be happy with just signing him as I'd want a higher quality starting attacking player too, don't see him really holding up Ibe and Sterling's progress as we are at a stage where they are our only out and out wingers and we don't want to burn them out, Sterling being a squad player and Ibe used sporadically would be the ideal situation this year

The chavs want a 2 mill loan fee and all his wages paid at 55k a week apparently

He'd cost us 4 mill for the year...good value?

Probably not, but lot of Chelsea fans actually seem to think he is pretty good. I was quite surprised by that to be honest. I thought there would be a lot of comments along the lines of "He wasn't good enough anyway" but there is quite a few of their fans praising him in the comments of that Youtube video.

Probably not, but lot of Chelsea fans actually seem to think he is pretty good. I was quite surprised by that to be honest. I thought there would be a lot of comments along the lines of "He wasn't good enough anyway" but there is quite a few of their fans praising him in the comments of that Youtube video.

I didn't want him last summer but he surprised me at Chelsea last season and actually scored a fair few goals although having looked into it most were actually in Europe so don't know if it was against shite in Europa

Probably not' date=' but lot of Chelsea fans actually seem to think he is pretty good. I was quite surprised by that to be honest. I thought there would be a lot of comments along the lines of "He wasn't good enough anyway" but there is quite a few of their fans praising him in the comments of that Youtube video.[/quote']

They all used to praise Torres till rafa turned up at the bridge and he's played like a turd since he got there. Fuck listening to that bunch of fucking no mark glory hunting cunts. If they say moses is good, that's good enough to tell me he's shite.