You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I disagree Rashid.

The reason being that we are crying out for some more experienced heads in our team. Soldado would be perfect if we are selling Borini and keeping Suarez would make it an even better deal for us.

For me he's a Spanish Darren bent without the pace, how many years has he been at the selling club Valencia without a move.

I'd rather go for young striker with potential to be world class or if we are going for someone older it should be someone world class who would make a big impact on the team like an ibrahimovic or someone of that class.

We should just sell Flanagan, let hte lad have a career somewhere more appropriate as he's never going to make it here

Its pretty obvious that Flanagan is not gonna make it here, hes just nowhere near good enough on the ball. It actually pisses me off that we seem to have this 'pecking order' with youngsters that is seemingly based on a 'heart ruling the head' system. Ryan McLaughlin is clearly a better prospect that Flanno, yet Flanno gets the chances because it is perceived to be 'his turn' and that he deserves his chance. Pisses me right off.

For me he's a Spanish Darren bent without the pace, how many years has he been at the selling club Valencia without a move.

I'd rather go for young striker with potential to be world class or if we are going for someone older it should be someone world class who would make a big impact on the team like an ibrahimovic or someone of that class.

Soldado is a quality goal scorer. Double figures in La Liga for as long as i can remember. And he's averaged over 25 goals a season in totals over the last 3 seasons. I dont think we'd be interested in him now though, regardless of what happens with Luis. He's someone we should have looked at when Torres left i think.

I'm on of the few that still think Borini could become a decent player for us, but I wouldn't say no to 12 million if it was invested in someone good.

Yeah, i just dont think he'll play much this coming season. Suarez and Sturridge are clearly ahead of him in the central forward role, and i'd think Aspas too. Coutinho, Downing, Sterling and Aspas are probably ahead of him for the wide positions too.

Yeah, i just dont think he'll play much this coming season. Suarez and Sturridge are clearly ahead of him in the central forward role, and i'd think Aspas too. Coutinho, Downing, Sterling and Aspas are probably ahead of him for the wide positions too.

Ibe should be ahead of him in the wide roles as well.

If we get that offer for Borini we should probably accept it.

Borini needs games to develop and he isn't going to get them here.Rodgers either needs to accept its wrong place wrong time for borini and move him on or he at least needs a loan.I think his price tag may cause issues with us loaning so I am interested to see what happens this summer because I truly see no place for him in squad, we need better 3rd choice who can offer something different.

I don't get Rodger's comments about signing a backup left back and an attacking player - just last week he was talking about signings to strengthen the first team and that they would be exciting, earlier in the window we were looking for a first choice centre half as well as the AM - where's that money/priority gone?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I don't get Rodger's comments about signing a backup left back and an attacking player - just last week he was talking about signings to strengthen the first team and that they would be exciting, earlier in the window we were looking for a first choice centre half as well as the AM - where's that money/priority gone?

I dunno, but I'm starting to think he's taking the piss. I mean, totally throwing out stories left and right. Watching as all the dogs go for the bone, whilst we get one with whatever we're getting on with.

Did he ever say we needed another centre back? I don't think he did. He said we needed another defender and everyone assumed that player would be a centre back. But back up at left back makes more sense as we have plenty of options at centre back at the moment,

Yes, but how likely is it Skrtel and Coates will still be here by the end of the window? He doesn't seem to rate either of them.

Plenty of teams better than us may sniff around Agger as well.

If Skrtel goes I can see us getting another CB. But if we don't get a higher enough bid he is fine as back up.

Coates might be kept to keep Suarez happy. If he goes I'm still not sure we'll get a replacement, as he's 4th choice and Wisdom / Kelly can do that role.

I dunno, but I'm starting to think he's taking the piss. I mean, totally throwing out stories left and right. Watching as all the dogs go for the bone, whilst we get one with whatever we're getting on with.

I'd say whilst the dogs for the bone we are all bark and scratching our balls watching on.

Cissokho is Poor over all, he can be outstanding one game and desastrous the following one ! Lyon could not wait to get rid oh him !

Then bringing in him in to compete with another top lb will mean he needs to produce to stay in team and as you said he can be outstanding.

As cover for the lb spot I can't think of anyone we could have got who's better then him especially for the money we are spending.

Gus Hiddink spews it a Anzhi and looks like he's going to Barcelona.

be weird hiddink and ancelotti going head to head only a year after it was guardiola and mourinho. dunno why it will be weird. it just will.