You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

I think Aspas will adapt very well and provide an excellent contribution. He just seems made for this league.

Agree with this.

We do need LB cover, Robinson is not ready, never will be, using Kelly at RB is fine and playing Johnson LB, that is if we can get anywhere near a full season out of Kelly.

I don't want to make any wild predictions while Aspas' role in the team is still unclear, but I reckon if he's starts, he's going to be like a cross between Kuyt and Luis Garcia, with a dash of Suarez. He'll be a firm fan favourite.

Fuck, i hope not, took us 6 years to realise dirk was shit

Anyway i watched him against Preston and he was nothing like dirk in that game, he actually showed glimpses of talent and vision.

I mean more in the running around, chasing lost balls, wearing his heart on his sleeve giving his all for the team and other clichés sense.

Harsh on Kuyt too. I know who I would rather have had alongside Suarez and Sturridge last season, even if it was the right time to move him on, he would have done better than Downing I'm sure.

I mean more in the running around, chasing lost balls, wearing his heart on his sleeve giving his all for the team and other clichés sense.

Harsh on Kuyt too. I know who I would rather have had alongside Suarez and Sturridge last season, even if it was the right time to move him on, he would have done better than Downing I'm sure.

Nope he wouldnt

His technique or lack of it was why he got moved on.

The problem with kuyt is all the running around, heart on sleeve, chasing lost balls actuallu masked the fact he was a pretty poor footballer who didnt have technique or natural football talent.

Fair play to him for making a career out of hard work.....millions of others do the same but dont get noticed.

I'm just glad he is gone as he is everything we dont need if we want to move forward as a club and team.

Downing, as shit as he is, can still control a ball and play a pass at the correct weight.

Don't Diss Dirk !!!

He was a curly haired angel with the grace of a ballet dancer and the cunning of a fox.

Couldn't trap a tramp in his cellar if he tried !

That made me crack up.

He was special, i've never seen a player try to dribble and have the ball rebound off his shins and knees so much....

Thats some serious skillz right there

I hope one of our wide players get 10 goals and 10 assists like Kuyt did for us in his peak.

I hope one of our wide players can control a ball and pass it to one of our team.

Shooting, dribbling, vision, creative, pace...is that too much to ask from a person getting paid £100,000 a week and playing football for 5-8 hours a day, for an entire life time?

Seems so..

Dirk brought us many great moments, yes his touch was off, yes he had no pace blah blah blah.

He had balls of steel and worked his socks off and scored many crucial goals.

I would have him over Downing any day of the week and he can do a lot of what you talk about above jisms.

Dirk brought us many great moments, yes his touch was off, yes he had no pace blah blah blah.

He had balls of steel and worked his socks off and scored many crucial goals.

I would have him over Downing any day of the week and he can do a lot of what you talk about above jisms.

He did everything you say, but he had no vision, creativity, pace, first touch or technique

To be missing all of that and playing for one of the biggest teams in the world, for 6 years, is truly remarkable.

If we ever want to win the league i suggest we don't find players lacking all of the above........we'd be fucked.

Dirk was limited no doubt but he had his moments. Anyone picking that arseless shithouse ahead of the blond Dutchman is a complete gobshite.

They are both shit is my opinion. This all started when Aspas got compared to Dirk...

I couldn't take another season of watching a guy trying to control a ball with his shins.