You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Lewandowski or Daimo for me to go WITH Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas, and Borini.

That plus a DM and another CB and we're laughing.

I'd let Carroll, Downing, and Skrtel go for that. Would keep Coates and have Carra on the coaching team.

No offence, but that's all a bit 'Football Manager'. We have to live in the real world. If Suarez stays then there is absolutely no way we will have the money to sign either Lewandowski (Who I doubt would have any interest in signing for us anyway) or Daimo.

Secondly, Carra on the coaching team is what all Liverpool fans would love to see, but that will not be happening, he's going to be a pundit on Sky next season...this is something we know to be a fact.

No offence, but that's all a bit 'Football Manager'. We have to live in the real world. If Suarez stays then there is absolutely no way we will have the money to sign either Lewandowski (Who I doubt would have any interest in signing for us anyway) or Daimo.

Secondly, Carra on the coaching team is what all Liverpool fans would love to see, but that will not be happening, he's going to be a pundit on Sky next season...this is something we know to be a fact.

Ok, Lewandowski is proper pie in the sky but if Spurs think they can get Daimo why not us.

Carra can't be a pundit 24/7. He can gain his badges while doing some praticle (part time) with us. Start with the kids, learn the ropes. No rush.

Or does Rodgers feel that as soon as Carra starts looking half decent and in contrast he's having a mare the fans will want a change of the guard.

Out with the new in with the old!

Ok' date=' Lewandowski is proper pie in the sky but if Spurs think they can get Daimo why not us.

Carra can't be a pundit 24/7. He can gain his badges while doing some praticle (part time) with us. Start with the kids, learn the ropes. No rush.

Or does Rodgers feel that as soon as Carra starts looking half decent and in contrast he's having a mare the fans will want a change of the guard.

Out with the new in with the old![/quote']

No, carragher doesn't want to coach. At least not yet.

The latest media speculation is by the end of this week, Liverpool should have tied up 3 new signings. Iago Aspas, Tiago Llori and Luis Alberto. Apparently Iago Aspas and Luis Alberto have the same agent. It's all down to agreeing fees on Tiago Llori and Luis Alberto.

Iago Aspas should be confirmed as a Liverpool player very shortly.

Rumors are that Real and Bayern are prepared to offer 30M for Suarez.

They can both suck it if that's true.

We'll start listening at 55M like we said last week...

Though a little concerning we're singing players from nearly relegated Spanish teams, a Spanish Segundo team and a broke ass Portuguese team....?

We all understand we're not in the CL and yada yada yada but we can pay highly, are a huge club, and are in a rich league, we can aim a tad higher can't we?

Real Madrid deffo look the most likely. Benzema is good but inconsistent (and Suarez is better), Higuain is off, the only other striker is Callejon (sp) who's a young lad.

Buying Bale won't have much effect I don't think. It's presidential re-election year, over £100m could be spent.

Minor point, but Callejon is 26.

Suarez coming out with come and get me pleas every week no bids, Torres doesn't say a word first signs he might go club comes in with 50m and wraps deal up quickly

All those saying we will get more then Torres are wrong IMO, interest in him is not that strong from clubs it seems, definitely Madrid anyway who are prioritising bale over him.

I see us getting 40m tops

Toure

Ilori

Papadopoulos

Mkhitaryan

Iago Aspas

Luis Alberto

Benteke

Signing all those would make for a grand summer.

Keep Suarez and sign the rest bar Benteke and that will be good.

If Papadopoulos isn't mightily crocked and turns out to be better than Skrtel that is.

Suarez coming out with come and get me pleas every week no bids, Torres doesn't say a word first signs he might go club comes in with 50m and wraps deal up quickly

All those saying we will get more then Torres are wrong IMO, interest in him is not that strong from clubs it seems, definitely Madrid anyway who are prioritising bale over him.

I see us getting 40m tops

Ive detected that, as i alluded to in an earlier post.

He has baggage and that baggage is putting clubs off.

If we only get £30 mill offers i think its worth making him stay.

Unhappy or not, selling for less than £40million makes no sense, and its worth risking him being pissed off for a bit.

He really should have kept his fucking trap shut though.

For 40M we really should not sell..

Agree, he's got four years left on his contract and he's 26.

We could bench him for a season, literally, and he'd still be worth more than £40m this time next year.

Aint no fucking way I'd sell for £30m, what a rediculous thing to even countenance. I wish we had one of those mad club owners who would wipe their arse with a fax in front of the media.

What astounds me though, is that Bale is being considered for £85m, and Suarez's seemingly set price is £30m in the media.

But Bale is fragile, if he gets even a medium-sized injury then his extra 3% of acceleration is gone and his value is a fraction of what it is now (a la fat Ronaldo, Owen, Torres etc). Suarez doesn't need pace, therefore he is not a fragile investment, and actually guarantees more goals than Bale.

I find the whole thing to be so terribly ill-conceived and stupid, just devoid of any critical thinking, that it just outrages me that these people can work in the media of for clubs of this stature, with the ability to sanction the spend of £80m, plus the contract that follows with it.

I dont care what planet you live on, you cannot rationalise a £50m gulf between those players in terms of valuation, not when the buyer is the same club.

Ive detected that, as i alluded to in an earlier post.

He has baggage and that baggage is putting clubs off.

If we only get £30 mill offers i think its worth making him stay.

Unhappy or not, selling for less than £40million makes no sense, and its worth risking him being pissed off for a bit.

He really should have kept his fucking trap shut though.

Baggage or not, selling him for anything less than a club record fee makes no sense. He was easily the best player in the league last season, he easily is the best player in the league. He's the best player we've had since Gerrard was at the peak of his career. Shouldnt even contemplate selling him below what we got for Torres.

Baggage or not, selling him for anything less than a club record fee makes no sense. He was easily the best player in the league last season, he easily is the best player in the league. He's the best player we've had since Gerrard was at the peak of his career. Shouldnt even contemplate selling him below what we got for Torres.

The tone of my post was actually that its a good thing that clubs are appearing wary of him. I hope he stays. Real seem to be going for Cavani and Bale, really only leaves Bayern and maybe the French clubs.

If hes happy plating in front of 18000 a week in France then good luck to him.

Obviously, if we let him go cheap because of "the baggage" then we are a bunch of pussies.

I say, £40-50 mill minimum, or he stays.

Its worth pissing him off if we are offered less.

quite simply we cannot be " had off " by any team regarding Suarez as it will be like rubbing salt in the wounds.

Real Madrid should be told £55m or a straight swap for Ronaldo, Bayern, £55m or Alaba and Muller. Show some balls and see what happens.

55m or make him stay, happy or not. Easy to say I know but it needs doing.

Bale is overrated. Ace player but still overrated. Looks like a fucking miffo too.

I can't believe Bale is getting linked with a world record transfer fee, especially when Suarez could probably be got for half the price, I'd rather have Suarez if they both cost the same!

anyway Bale is a cunt of epic proportions so he leaves this country all the better as far as I'm concerned

Agree, he's got four years left on his contract and he's 26.

We could bench him for a season, literally, and he'd still be worth more than £40m this time next year.

Aint no fucking way I'd sell for £30m, what a rediculous thing to even countenance. I wish we had one of those mad club owners who would wipe their arse with a fax in front of the media.

What astounds me though, is that Bale is being considered for £85m, and Suarez's seemingly set price is £30m in the media.

But Bale is fragile, if he gets even a medium-sized injury then his extra 3% of acceleration is gone and his value is a fraction of what it is now (a la fat Ronaldo, Owen, Torres etc). Suarez doesn't need pace, therefore he is not a fragile investment, and actually guarantees more goals than Bale.

I find the whole thing to be so terribly ill-conceived and stupid, just devoid of any critical thinking, that it just outrages me that these people can work in the media of for clubs of this stature, with the ability to sanction the spend of £80m, plus the contract that follows with it.

I dont care what planet you live on, you cannot rationalise a £50m gulf between those players in terms of valuation, not when the buyer is the same club.

It surely has got to do a great with the fact that Bale is British and the media have already put him up there with the likes of Ronaldo and Messi. Not that Bale is not good but he is not better than Suarez by any measure.

Then of course himself saying that he is running away from a media hounding caused by his own stupidity in the first place is not doing his case any favours. His almost daily pleas to come and get him would only make him sound a little desperate.