You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

The drive to be a winner that made him a great manager will always be there... I'm not sure he'd really want to see United fall, but I'm pretty sure nobody wants their successor to be better than them.

I can promise you Kenny would be absolutely delighted if Brendan managed to win our first league title since he did it himself.

• Upvote 2

The main reason that they are fucked is that they basically need a whole new side, and £100 million (if that's even what they have to spend) won't be enough to do that. They might get a bit of money back for the likes of Valencia, Nani and Kagawa, but who is going to want to go there with Moyes in charge? Who is going to be attracted by his "project"? They already have the feel of a club in decline. Rooney and Van Persie both appear to want out. And it looks increasingly unlikely that they are going to have CL football to offer next season.

Sooner or later the people running the club are going to see the folly of keeping Moyes in charge and he will be out the door. It's just a case of how long they can afford to give it without losing face.

Almost the worst thing for their fans will be his interviews. We've all scanned them in that situation to see if what the manager says tallies with what you're seeing. Is he showing he gets what's wrong, where he's going wrong? What's he looking to change so it doesn't happen again?

It's interviews for me where he's Hodgson at his finest, the cupboard really is bare when it comes to any signs of hope or accountability. If it was almost anyone else I'd feel at least some sympathy for them listening to a fucking undertaker's patter, coming out with how they'll try and make the next game a little bit better, and it's all down to referees.

Who would realistically replace him?. No top coach like Jurgen Klopp would go there with the shadow of Ferguson lurking everywhere. Mourinho is at Chelsea, Guardiola snubbed them for Bayern, they could get someone like Carlo Ancelotti or Hiddink but how long would they stick around for?

Klopp is exactly the sort of coach they should have got. Proven winner, widespread respect, history of big games, could oversee a transformation. But they have Moyes instead, classic

I sit directly opposite a manc in work. I've had to put up with shit off him going back to the Hodgson era. I told him in August they were fucked and the great winner Moyes would royally fuck them up, to much laughter and predictions of them finishing ' at least 3 places ahead of you this season '

It's fucking grim for him each day he comes into work now, I can tell you. I'm aiming for inducing a breakdown by valentines day.

Why don't you just dump him now instead of waiting til then.

Breaking up on Valentine's Day is such a cliche.

This "only 5 points" behind us line annoys me. For a start david moyes is their manager and secondly our goal difference is worth another point. No doubt they have 1 or 2 stings left in them but ultimatley they're done. Usually when we where only 6 points behind them it ended up triple that, same rules should apply for us.

I think the problem with moyes is he sees the game mainly from a defensive perspective. His everton sides were about resilience and relying on aerially dominant players like cahill and fellaini. Man utd had a different ethos plus Ferguson's powerful influence in the English game for twenty years. Quite a contrast.

If Swansea win at the weekend, the clamour for Laudrup will start.

Big Name, ace hair, proper pedigree and won more in 1 year at Swansea than Moyes has won in his life.

Laudrup is the first name I thought of too when I read Dr. Troy's post. Hope it doesn't happen as I do think he's a good manager, wanted him or Pellegrini when we replaced Rafa and then Kenny. Obviously Rodgers has done well so can't argue with that but Laudrup was definitely a better man for us than Hodgson, of course most on this forum are probably a better idea than Hodgson.

I think the problem with moyes is he sees the game mainly from a defensive perspective. His everton sides were about resilience and relying on aerially dominant players like cahill and fellaini. Man utd had a different ethos plus Ferguson's powerful influence in the English game for twenty years. Quite a contrast.

I think his main problem was that at Everton his main goal was being "better" than us (ie- above us in the table and/or having longer cup runs). At the scum, obsessed with us as they are, his expectations are far more than that, he actually has to win things.

Guardian reporting that Moyesy is on the verge of losing the dressing room, with senior players "doubting his credentials".

Awww, could this be the beginning of the end?

I hope it's not the end just yet. I wanted to see a slow, and very public, painful death.

Guardian reporting that Moyesy is on the verge of losing the dressing room, with senior players "doubting his credentials".

Awww, could this be the beginning of the end?

Maybe they should be doubting their own credentials too

• Upvote 1

Klopp is exactly the sort of coach they should have got. Proven winner, widespread respect, history of big games, could oversee a transformation. But they have Moyes instead, classic

Sadly it wouldn't surprise me if he did end up there bext year.I dont think he can take Dortmund any further with Munich just taking the best players every other year.

You have to seriously consider that Ferguson wanted this, he wanted his legacy not to be preserved - but to be topped and tailed. If someone like Mourinho had come in and won the league, the fans would have taken a shine to him and Ferguson would have hated it.

Strachan was the first pundit I've seen who's actually commented on the lack of quality in the squad that he left behind. Much of this is on him.

• Upvote 1