You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

Agree with all of that.

It's a bit like saying that if you keep shuffling the pack you might eventually get four aces in a row. Yes, by all means move the opposition defenders around, but then you need the penetration and finishing to kill them off. We're all foreplay and no fucking, but we'll happily bend over if anyone comes on to us.

by all means move the opposition defenders around, but then you need the penetration and finishing to kill them off. We're all foreplay and no fucking, but we'll happily bend over if anyone comes on to us.

And the problem is not simply about one or more strikers, it is about goals coming from the whole team, the latter is something we have struggled with for some time. Is that down to lack of ability or the way we play?

Rodgers talked in his long interview this week about players who can see the opportunity to get into the danger areas and take chances. He's right that we lack that experience. Put a Maxi or a Kuyt in this team and we would score a lot more. If you want to do it without them though, then you need to work the whole team further up the pitch. Our defence sits far too deep to allow that safely, because it becomes disconnected from the midfield, and that's a problem.

Rodgers talked in his long interview this week about players who can see the opportunity to get into the danger areas and take chances. He's right that we lack that experience. Put a Maxi or a Kuyt in this team and we would score a lot more. If you want to do it without them though, then you need to work the whole team further up the pitch. Our defence sits far too deep to allow that safely, because it becomes disconnected from the midfield, and that's a problem.

A reasonable analysis.

Luis success is both an advantage, and a disadvantage. On the one hand he is our goalscorrer, on the other, if the opposition shuts him down, or he is off song on the day we are in trouble.

I agree that sometimes in defence we'll get caught out, or simply as you say will just pass it about without direction, but again I wouldn't class this as "fucking about" as the opposition have to react in some way to a pass that is made. For example if our CB passess it the the other CB, their forward either closes it down or not, either way one of our centre backs then brings it out.

I realise this is a bit "everything's rosy" thinking but the idea isn't a wholly bad one in my opinion.

Just to point out though, I'm not totally enamoured with it, just that I see what we're trying and I believe we'll get better at it the more we play and the better players we have in the team.

To be fair, playing out from the back has been a problem for years. Under Houllier, Benitez, Hodgson, Kenny and now Rodgers, we've been painfully slow and predictable, with endless sideways passing while the movement upfield slowly comes to a halt. The only difference with Rodgers, as far as I can see, is that there is almost a masochistic tendency to invite pressure and give the ball away before the whole faffing about period has reached its natural conclusion.

When do we break. Teams constantly hit us on the break we just simply pass it to a full back who then has to race the opposition the full length of the pitch, often on his own. We are shite tactically its the stupidest liverpool team I've seen in my life and individually these players look totally clueless and lacking in basic skills. They get 50 plus grand a week for what, there's no skill or guile, no intelligence and they lack any kind of competitiveness. They should be ashamed to call themselves proffesional.

When do we break. Teams constantly hit us on the break we just simply pass it to a full back who then has to race the opposition the full length of the pitch, often on his own. We are shite tactically its the stupidest liverpool team I've seen in my life and individually these players look totally clueless and lacking in basic skills. They get 50 plus grand a week for what, there's no skill or guile, no intelligence and they lack any kind of competitiveness. They should be ashamed to call themselves proffesional.

Agree, the players are thick as fuck and are the reason the system isn't working, especially in midfield.

I watched Gerrard for a spell yesterday, as Stoke got in possession. He wasn't tight or close enough to their midfielder who received the pass out of defence, in fact he was 20 odd yards away, totally fucking useless, just like the centre backs uninterested in compressing the field. So then Gerrard puts no pressure on the player with the ball, who then picks another pass to someone infield, actually near to Gerrard, but Gerrard still doesn't apply pressure, instead he tries to stand between the player and a return pass. Honestly, as Stoke broke, we may as well have had no player there, he was THAT fucking useless, and I suppose the defence is to blame as well, but for fucks sake he's the captain and should be pointing this shit out to them.

I'm just generally sick of these set of players right now. It's just the same mistakes made over, and over, and over again. No desire to learn, perhaps no ability to learn, fake hardmen millionaires with tattoos and Twitter accounts, fuck off, you appall me.

Rodgers set his stall out to say he is a proper red and every defeat hurts him like it does anyone else.

I dont believe it for a second, because if I had access to that changing room at full time then I'd have brought a baseball bat and a stack of blank P45's.

I dont see us as having plans for set pieces like the experienced teams do.

Mourinho and Rafa for example have systems for marking at free kicks and corners as well as a few free kick routines. Currently we seem to have none of these.

The importance of winning or losing games based on set pieces cannot be underestimated,especially in English football.

The insistence on playing formations that dont match the players we have at the club is probably my biggest single concern currently.

If we miss out on European football,even if we do improve,I reckon will see another change of manager no matter what the current owners currently say.

The January transfer window can either save us or sink us but if the focus continues to be on British players I think it will be the latter.

Agree, the players are thick as fuck and are the reason the system isn't working, especially in midfield.

I watched Gerrard for a spell yesterday, as Stoke got in possession. He wasn't tight or close enough to their midfielder who received the pass out of defence, in fact he was 20 odd yards away, totally fucking useless, just like the centre backs uninterested in compressing the field. So then Gerrard puts no pressure on the player with the ball, who then picks another pass to someone infield, actually near to Gerrard, but Gerrard still doesn't apply pressure, instead he tries to stand between the player and a return pass. Honestly, as Stoke broke, we may as well have had no player there, he was THAT fucking useless, and I suppose the defence is to blame as well, but for fucks sake he's the captain and should be pointing this shit out to them.

I'm just generally sick of these set of players right now. It's just the same mistakes made over, and over, and over again. No desire to learn, perhaps no ability to learn, fake hardmen millionaires with tattoos and Twitter accounts, fuck off, you appall me.

Rodgers set his stall out to say he is a proper red and every defeat hurts him like it does anyone else.

I dont believe it for a second, because if I had access to that changing room at full time then I'd have brought a baseball bat and a stack of blank P45's.

I agree with this

The fact that rodgers substituted two of the players that were putting a shift in while allowing Gerrard try to bluff his way through the game and allowing shelvey, agger and johnson to embarass themselves and the shirts they were wearing is further evidence that Brendan Rodegrs is a bullshitter of the lowest order whose only objective now can be to try to pin the blame on his shambolic efforts elsewhere.

Rodgers is mediocrity personified and the players have figured him out now.

They can do whatever they want if they're a big enough name at the club because Rodgers is not about managing a football team - his primary motivation now is to win the PR battle.

The saddest thing about all of this is that the concept of the liverpool way has become the rationale for sticking with him and most fans appear to be happy to tolerate this shambles of a regime.

Shankly or Paisley etc did not tolerate bluffers - they were dealt with immediately.

They knew if you did not have honesty as your core principle then you were dead as a club and a team.

Rafa tried to reinstil these principles by tackling Gerrard and Carragher and got shafted eventually.

At the moment, our club exists merely to service the big name players and their careers. We have become the antithesis to the Liverpool way.

We need to fuck this guy Rodgers out and start again. To give this man time and money would be a crime and would pile on insult to injury. There is absolutey no basis for allowing him to continue based on what he has done so far.

The fans need to wake up.

Rodgers needs to go now.

The owners need to be told this and told to get a proper manager and give him money to invest and license to clear out of the squad all and any of the bullshitters who might be classy players when they feel like it but who dont feel like it or want it often enough.

So much cringe.

We lost to Stoke away did we? Who are unbeaten at home. THE LAST STRAW.

I think the 'last straw' was long before Stoke away. The call for his head has just gathered momentum now. I don't understand why some are wanting him out halfway through the season. That just looks bonkers.

So much cringe.

It's not that we lost; it's how we lost. We didn't even create a proper chance all game. Stoke bossed it, were the better organised team and deserved to win.

So much cringe.

The villa game hurt more as they are possibly in the worst shape in their top flight history. We are poop and tactics are making us worse. He needs to address these problems not persist with them specifically this defensive set up which is under 8 style.

Guest San Don
I think they have been told every individual tactic and what's expected so much over the years they hit a brick wall when they have to make a decision on their own.

In the grand scheme of things, the players dont make their own decisions. They are told time and time again how to play and to do things how the manager (whoever he is ie Kenny, benitez, rodgers etc etc) wants things done.

If players start doing what they want or think is best then they'll get hauled off and \ or dropped from the team.

Anyone who thinks diferent only needs look at the evidence. Every time a sub is made, the player coming on is given instructions where and how to play and, pass instructions on to other players. Why, they even have to study ipads or powerpoint diagrams thrust under their noses before coming on.

I think they have been told every individual tactic and what's expected so much over the years they hit a brick wall when they have to make a decision on their own.

I think there's merit in this, buying players like Downing or Henderson, they've come from a shitty background of coaching and management where thinking for yourself is not permitted.

To ask them to start problem solving now is something they're not used to.

The Spanish lads were all coached differently, especially those in the better academies, to take responsibility for where they should've at any given time, not go to the bench and ask where they should be now the opposition have changed positions etc.

You can blame Rodgers for trying to ask the players to be something they are not, or you can credit him for starting to change the team into something better, eventually.

Yeah, may as well just sack him. Why not. That's defo a fast way to be successful, keep sacking everyone as soon as we have a bad day.

What if we have another good victory next time? Is all forgiven? I'm fucking astounded that anybody could be shocked by our inconsistency, and no amount of crying is gonna change that right now.

Oh wait, I forgot. We're Liverpool FC and we have a god given right to win everything.

No one wants him sacked, but the way it's going he's doing a very good job of it himself.

Didn't think he was the man for the job, and so far he's doing a good job of proving me right.

Can't put my finger on one thing that he's improved us on, but there are lots where he hasn't.

Yeah, may as well just sack him. Why not. That's defo a fast way to be successful, keep sacking everyone as soon as we have a bad day.

What if we have another good victory next time? Is all forgiven? I'm fucking astounded that anybody could be shocked by our inconsistency, and no amount of crying is gonna change that right now.

Oh wait, I forgot. We're Liverpool FC and we have a god given right to win everything.

I really don't get this kind of statement. I'm pretty sure that you couldn't find one person on here who expects us to win the league. What some people do expect is for us to be higher than 10th. And to have more points than norwich.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'd rather see half the players out the door before Rodgers.

I'd also like to see the Gerrard situation take out of his hands, perhaps FSG insisting on sticking to their 'model' of not paying through the nose for players who are over the hill and will have negligible or zero sell-on value.

We're all thinking it with regard Gerrard, even if you say you aren't. He's one of the biggest problems in the midfield, and yet Rodgers hands are tied because half the fans will turn into rabid cunt fucks the moment he tries to take him out of the team, or sell him.

What chance does Rodgers have under such circumstances? He's having to try and win a PR battle with the 'fans' by saying that Gerrard should be given a new contract. That doesnt sound like Rodgers to me, that sounds like a man desperate to be popular.

4-3-3

Honestly, go back over the game and pause it when we lose possession and look at where our midfielders and defenders are.

Then see what happens to them, pass by pass, pause it, see what Gerrard does, the decisions he makes, and tell me that this is a player we need in midfield.

Play him on the right of attack. And THIS is my problem with Rodgers, if he doesnt play him on the right of attack...then I want to know why. What tactical reasons can he provide us with to convince us that Gerrard can;t work on the right? He's trying to bullshit us and I don't know why, I can only assume either he doesn't see a problem with Gerrard in the middle, or he's playing Gerrard where Gerrard insists on playing. Either scenario worries me to fuck, I thought we had a strong manager, but the Gerrard thing just unravels Rodgers game by game.

I hate the fact that this club builds up players to the extent we do. It's totally unproductive and unhealthy, we're obsessed with individuals to the point of utter distraction. I would happily saw Ferguson's head off, but I respect his stance on players like Ronaldo, Beckham, Van Nistelrooy, Ince and how he sold them the moment that they started to believe they were indispensible. All of them were replaced. All.

Our 'fans', and I use that term loosely, need to separate the club from the players. What's good for Gerrard, or Carragher, isn't necessarily good for the club. :wallbutt:

I really don't get this kind of statement. I'm pretty sure that you couldn't find one person on here who expects us to win the league. What some people do expect is for us to be higher than 10th. And to have more points than norwich.

I expect us to be difficult to beat regardless. Liverpool FC shouldn't be easy pickings even though we over rate our players this is not a team that should be beaten comfortably by anybody. Stoke show more fight for there shirt a shirt that has no history or status to it at all. Many mediocre players show more heart than ours and that pisses me off. We're letting our expectations drop, we shouldn't nor should we let them dictate bad decisions. Rodgers should be given more time but he should be well aware that this is liverpool we'll accept the job in hand is a difficult one but we won't accept lack of effort on the behalf of anyone. Get the team pressing and working hard for each other if they can't offer anything else other than huff and puff.