You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

Guest davelfc
Good one. It's not like I've been arguing for months that it's not just a striker problem. It's not like I've said it again and again and again.

I guess if you want to take my appeal for time so he can get attacking players in to transform our most frequent result (erm... draws) into wins, which'll improve league position, and make out as if I'm just arguing that our only problem is a striker, I guess that's up to you.

We don't have much choice, it would cost too much to sack him and if he can buy a couple of players in January then it might actually change things.

So we have to give him time, we don't have a choice. But he looks more like a fucking bluffer every fucking day and that's the most positive thing I can think of to say about him at the moment.

The worrying thing for me is the poor performances of our established senior players like Stevie G and Agger. Rodgers or whoever is here in the summer has some very big decisions to make about these lads. Pepe Reina has at least begun to get a bit of form back after being god awful earlier in the season. These lads are living on their reputation. In the old Liverpool teams, it didn't matter if you were Dalglish or Rush, Barnes or Whelan, Lawro or Hansen, you didn't live on what you achieved in the past, but what you were doing in the present.

I'll probably get slaughered for this, but Robert Huth is a good solid tough uncompromising defender, who is precisely what we need back there. Right now, i'd flog Agger to a top continental team for 15-20 mil and take my chances with someone like him or that young Dutch lad at Feyenord. Younger lads on here probably have only seen Lawro and Hansen on video looking like the brilliant ballplaying centre halves that they were. However, the bottom line was that those boys did the bread and butter brilliantly, like Danny hasn't done for a while. We don't necessarily need to spend big to build a good side. Michu cost Swansea 2 million and he's been one of the players of the season, after banging in the goals for his Spanish team the year before.

Whether they feel the need to is irrelevant.

They are under no obligation to sack Rodgers if he finishes lower than 6th, and if we do and they don't, they are under no obligation to justify their decision.

Nobody said they were, don't know why you're making such a point of it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It was a striker problem last year. Until someone else is managing this shower of shite. Then it wasnt.

Yeah, some seem to be a bit like that. We needed several players then - and had the money to buy them - and we need several players now, but haven't had the money to get them in.

That said, I've no idea why Rodgers has frozen out Assaidi in favour of Downing. Seems strange. Maybe Assaidi's a massive cunt or something, I don't know, but he is underusing some players.

It was a striker problem last year. Until someone else is managing this shower of shite. Then it wasnt.

It was a striker problem last year. Unfortunately it's become a striker and a defence problem THIS season. Unless you think our defence is playing as well it should.

Yeah, some seem to be a bit like that. We needed several players then - and had the money to buy them - and we need several players now, but haven't had the money to get them in.

That said, I've no idea why Rodgers has frozen out Assaidi in favour of Downing. Seems strange. Maybe Assaidi's a massive cunt or something, I don't know, but he is underusing some players.

Yeah, its peculiar. He's apparently told Downing he can leave too yet he's played him in the last 10 games or something like that. You'd imagine come next week when Sturridge is done that wont be the case though.

It was a striker problem last year. Unfortunately it's become a striker and a defence problem THIS season. Unless you think our defence is playing as well it should.

It was a midfield problem last year too. Especially when Lucas got injured.

Assaidi was reported as unavailable for the Fulham game with a knee injury so I assume it has been why we haven't seen too much of him lately.

Guest San Don
Genuine questions, SD: Who would you hire if you were the owners and who would you buy if you were the manager?

Good questions and I must temper my answers by stating Im not employed full time in football. In other words, Im no expert.

That said, I do not think Dalglish should have been sacked at the end of the season. I think it was a misguided decision made by people with next to no experience in football.

Dalglish's no 2, Clark was put in an untenable position as well.

Having decided to makechanges, I think the calibre of manager the owners went for was both astounding and unbelievable. Their front runner's record was keeping (just) a small club in the PL. The other option (who was always their first choice. Erm, ok!) had one season in the PL.

Now I dont know about you but in nearly every sphere in the world, people with limited experience thrust into high profile pressure roles nearly always struggle.

Surely the owners if they were going to sack Dalglish should have had an manager with experience commensurate with the LFC job lined up first? If not, dont sack the current incumbent.

Im not one of Benitez's biggest fans but I have to say if I was going to replace Dalglish, I'd have crawled over broken glass to benitez's gaff and asked him to take the role before either of martinez or rodgers.

Who would I buy?

First off, I'd drop Reina. His form is poor. He's static and more importantly isnt stopping goals. He got lucky with a gaff against fulham going completely the wrong way but managed to get his foot to the ball. His one on one with lardarse tonight was poor.

We need to decide if we are going to play Coates or not against an alehouse team like stoke. Not saying he should play every week but a bit of brawn in the defence against them shites wouldnt go amiss.

I dont see what shelvey brings to the team nor suso if Im honest.

Would I buy back Ince? Put it this way, Shelvey looked good and scored 7 or 8 for Blackpool. Tom Ince, pretty much the same thing. Shelvey in the prem, looks a championship player. Dont be surprised if Ince turns out the same.

We let a striker go to whu irrespective of what people think of him. The manager makes out he's one dimensional and cannot adapt. Er, hello mr manager! Your fucking team is one dimensional and cannot adapt.

Would I have let Carroll go? Hell no. I'd have given the lad a chance to prove he can \ cant do it. How come Shelvey gets the chance but Carroll doesnt?

Would I be any good as a manager? Would I fuck. I dont have the experience. But what I do know is any job, you want the best experience you can get not, the cheapest or the one with the best fit vision \ philosophy.

Just my opinion though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think it's strange that people say we didn't have a defensive problem last year. We didn't concede many goals in terms of numbers, but we did lose 11 of the last 19 games. That's not a sign of a great defence. We've lost six in this 19, but drawn a shit load more.

Don't get me wrong, we haven't been great defensively. I'm not saying that at all, I'm just saying the side he took over wasn't some closed door.

Rodgers inherited a poor team. He hasn't been given a proper run at it yet and i'd give him until the summer at least to see how he does. We need some stability and we're going through managers at a rate of one a year at the moment. The thing I'd be paying most attention to is how his new signings perform, as this indicates whether he has the goods to take us forward.

However, I do think that the owners made a massive blunder not getting Van Gaal if he wanted the job. He knows how to manage massive clubs and he knows world football like brendan doesn't. I am convinced that we would be at least 8-10 points better off with him in charge at this point.

Have heard rumors about him being injured for a long time, but I don’t know for sure

Guest San Don
The former status is evidenced by the latter claim.

It had been going so well..........................

You just chat shit all the time though :whistle:

I'm not, I am just clarifying a point which you obviously misunderstood the first time.

No, I understood your point perfectly well, I just don't know why you made it.

Baltar asked how FSG would justify keeping Rodgers on if he did worse than Kenny, and rather than address that you pointed out that they wouldn't have to. Owners don't have to justify anything if they don't want to, so your contribution didn't add a whole lot to the debate.

Good questions and I must temper my answers by stating Im not employed full time in football. In other words, Im no expert.

That said, I do not think Dalglish should have been sacked at the end of the season. I think it was a misguided decision made by people with next to no experience in football.

Dalglish's no 2, Clark was put in an untenable position as well.

Having decided to makechanges, I think the calibre of manager the owners went for was both astounding and unbelievable. Their front runner's record was keeping (just) a small club in the PL. The other option (who was always their first choice. Erm, ok!) had one season in the PL.

Now I dont know about you but in nearly every sphere in the world, people with limited experience thrust into high profile pressure roles nearly always struggle.

Surely the owners if they were going to sack Dalglish should have had an manager with experience commensurate with the LFC job lined up first? If not, dont sack the current incumbent.

Im not one of Benitez's biggest fans but I have to say if I was going to replace Dalglish, I'd have crawled over broken glass to benitez's gaff and asked him to take the role before either of martinez or rodgers.

Who would I buy?

First off, I'd drop Reina. His form is poor. He's static and more importantly isnt stopping goals. He got lucky with a gaff against fulham going completely the wrong way but managed to get his foot to the ball. His one on one with lardarse tonight was poor.

We need to decide if we are going to play Coates or not against an alehouse team like stoke. Not saying he should play every week but a bit of brawn in the defence against them shites wouldnt go amiss.

I dont see what shelvey brings to the team nor suso if Im honest.

Would I buy back Ince? Put it this way, Shelvey looked good and scored 7 or 8 for Blackpool. Tom Ince, pretty much the same thing. Shelvey in the prem, looks a championship player. Dont be surprised if Ince turns out the same.

We let a striker go to whu irrespective of what people think of him. The manager makes out he's one dimensional and cannot adapt. Er, hello mr manager! Your fucking team is one dimensional and cannot adapt.

Would I have let Carroll go? Hell no. I'd have given the lad a chance to prove he can \ cant do it. How come Shelvey gets the chance but Carroll doesnt?

Would I be any good as a manager? Would I fuck. I dont have the experience. But what I do know is any job, you want the best experience you can get not, the cheapest or the one with the best fit vision \ philosophy.

Just my opinion though.

Agree with most of that.

Can someone sum this up for me in 10 words or less?

No, but I did consult the I Ching for you.

Pi / Grace

Fire illuminates the base of the Mountain:

The Superior Person realizes he has not the wisdom to move the course of the world, except by attending to each day's affairs as they come.

Success in small matters.

This is a good time to begin something.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

The emphasis now is on form, not function -- on the sizzle and not the steak.

The environment around you is not one of depth, and you are appreciated now for your image, not your essence.

You perfectly fill a role, and no one is seeing the genuine you.

Still, you are being listened to and watched.

Use this influence to further your goals as much as possible.

Even if you don't feel understood, you can perhaps connect with a few isolated hearts.

Relax and enjoy the attention.

Not sure that the call for his head after this match is appropriate. Rodgers isn't the first nor last manager to go to Stoke trying to play football. But you'd think he would have learned by now that trying to play long balls against these doesn't work either. It's still dispiriting to know that we've never won there and that we haven't been able to field a team that's capable of getting 6 points out of Stoke in a regular season.

Don't usually get involved on the ff but after today I have to admit that I don't like this brand/style/philosophy/etc or whatever the fuck the kids call it these days that much. This loss today is not the sole reason for this rant but today's game hilighted things that have been a continuous thorn in my balls.

Now I don't want us to park the fucking bus and hoof but the amount of fucking around, and that's all it really is - fucking around, that takes place with the ball around our box is criminal. I mean can we not just sort the fucking basics out? Also why do we push up our fullbacks but leave a low cb line? When possession is lost it leaves acres to run into. It just seems like defending is an afterthought to BR and that in his mind our "tenacity and pressure" will somehow sort that all out. This famous pressing looked more like an 8 year old playing FIFA and holding x whenever an opposition player gets close, disorganised.

Even though it can be said he didn't inherit a good squad or didn't get backed in the window so fucking what, if he feels like his players are not of the quality to play his style, alter the fucking style slightly, at least temporarily. I don't want him out and I can see the merits of his style even though I disagree and I'm more than prepared to give him more time to sort things but is it too much to ask for some cohesive, sane defending?