You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

I can't help thinking that was a huge mistake on our part to let him go. If he gets injured, particularly after the start he's had and with Suarez' ban still in place, the focal point of our attack won't be there any more. Bad, bad move this!

Exactly! The arl cunt would love this. Play Sturridge, get a result, he gets injured in the process ("karma" in his eyes for not letting him have his cushty seat in the directors box) - a win-win for the incompetent wanker.

Ultimately though, it is our fault for letting him go - we should really learn a thing or two from the mancs in that respect. I hope against hope that he pulls up before the Moldova game with a "thigh strain" or something minor so that he could return back to us in time.

agree, especially with Borini loaned out

Only he has.

Indeed. From the beeb:

1345: ENGLAND NEWS CONFERENCE

England forward Theo Walcott on in-form Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge's injury concern: "He's here that's the positive. Hopefully he can get over that knock and I think he played with it in the last game. So fingers crossed he's OK."

1121: ENGLAND EXPECTS

England boss Roy Hodgson is putting out the cones at St George's Park as his players limber up for their first training session ahead of their important World Cup qualifying double-header against Moldova and Ukraine.

But four players are not training with the rest of squad. Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere, Liverpool forward Daniel Sturridge, Spurs striker Jermain Defoe and Cardiff defender Steven Caulker are taking part in a light training session instead.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I don't think we should have let him go. With Hodgson under qualification pressure he can't be trusted to do what's right by the player.

To do what's right for the player? He can't be trusted to use a kettle.

this lad looks as cool as Little Richard and even has haircut like him!

me feels a song coming on ......"Tutti Frutti"

kop bop a loo bop a kop bam boom

Got a man called Dan,Who knows just what to do yeah!

Got a man called Dan,We fucking know he can yeah!

He scores with his left,scores with his right

Now hes fucking red and white !

Tutti Fruitti ,Oh Rutti

Another Sturidge beauty

Tutti Fruitti , oh Rutti

A Daniel Sturidge Beauty!

REPEAT & REPEAT & REPEAT

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom!

Tutti frutti, oh rutti,

Tutti frutti, oh rutti,

Tutti frutti, oh rutti,

Tutti frutti, oh rutti,

Tutti frutti, oh rutti,

I got a gal, named Sue, she knows just what to do,

I got a gal, named Sue, she knows just what to do,

She rocks to the East, she rocks to the West,

Sturridge probably wants to play I would have thought.

He's the in-form England striker, but has never been picked as first choice before. There's a world cup spot on the line.

The lift that international appearances, especially at tournaments, gives to a player's commercial deals mean they want to play. The tournamants themselves put a player in the global shop window and help enormously when the next contract talks take place.

With us not even being in the EL, that incentive is even greater.

The lift that international appearances, especially at tournaments, gives to a player's commercial deals mean they want to play. The tournamants themselves put a player in the global shop window and help enormously when the next contract talks take place.

With us not even being in the EL, that incentive is even greater.

I would say the opportunity to play in the world cup is probably foremost in a player's thinking, plus the professional pride at being chosen as the best player in their position in the country.

He's the in-form England striker, but has never been picked as first choice before. There's a world cup spot on the line.

Agreed.

Also can the club actually force him to stay? Even if they can, there's a chance it could be detrimental in terms of him wanting to stay here passed his current contract. The mancs seem to always announced a players injuries to the press, but then the press always has their back and seems to think their players are some sort of footballing gods, irregardless of their actual performances, who will obviously make the squad (ex - Welbeck, who's never been half as good as Sturridge but Sturridge is fighting for a place and Welbeck, in the media's eyes at least, is a lock).

Yep. He's obviously desperate for a place in Brazil next year, and who can blame him for that? I don't think it would do our relationship with him any good if we started pulling him out of England matches when he wants to play, and presumably thinks he's fit enough to play.

Gutted for the lad, he has the potential to be an internationally recognised striker, his time will come.

I'd be happier if did not play in either and got himself fully fit for us. There is Liverpool and then there is nothing. England don't even register.