You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GB olympic cycling's renowned sports psychiatrist joins Liverpool

Jhinge Machha

Back off, Stu. I respect you as a poster on TLW, but this is really nothing to debate about. Either you support the club, or you're defending this bastard.

It is if we don't actually know what the problem is! And in light of that pretty important aspect, your last sentence makes no sense at all. I've asked Kev to PM me with his grievances, and I'd ask you to do the same. Whatever is said in the PMs will not be discussed on this thread, of that I can assure you, but by making statements like "He's a cunt!" etc without qualifying them in any way, I can't help but look at them the same way I looked at ATK and his "Rafa did some truly evil shit but I can't say what" routine.

It is if we don't actually know what the problem is! And in light of that pretty important aspect, your last sentence makes no sense at all. I've asked Kev to PM me with his grievances, and I'd ask you to do the same. Whatever is said in the PMs will not be discussed on this thread, of that I can assure you, but by making statements like "He's a cunt!" etc without qualifying them in any way, I can't help but look at them the same way I looked at ATK and his "Rafa did some truly evil shit but I can't say what" routine.

Hey, I never used those words! Never would! Please stick to the topic. Foul expression will not take you anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Notice how St.Steven is nowhere to be seen after we get turned over in a gutless performance against a league one side and shitting ourselves after going 2-0 up? Funny that, as he's so keen to take praise and the limelight whenever we win.

It's almost as if he's a total fucking shyster. Hope he fucks off before Sunday, we have NO CHANCE if he stays, the incompetent, duplicitous, shit-stirring twat.

September 2012 - Rodgers quietly bring in "Dr." Steve Peters.

November 21st - After sacking the first ever manager to win them the European cup, Rafael Benitez is appointed manager of Chelsea.

November 23rd - Brendan Rodgers officially announces the recruitment of Steve Peters.

December 26th. Liverpool are beaten comprehensively at Stoke after going 1-0 up.

December 30th. A mysterious bug fells Brendan Rodgers at the last minute and he is "forced" to go home and miss Liverpool's match. They win 3-0.

January 27th - Liverpool are beaten by League One Oldham.

February 4th - Europool announce the results of a 18 month investigation into match fixing that includes a champions league tie between Liverpool and Debrecen. Rafael Benitez was the manager of Liverpool at the time. Europool describe it as " the tip of the iceberg".

February 7th. After 23 years with Liverpool, and despite having a lucrative contract offer on the table, Jamie Carragher announces his retirement from football and his intention to leave the club at the end of the season. Jamie Carragher is widely regarded as having an acrimonious relationship with Rafael Benitez.

It's telling that you have missed out Greg O Keefe's incendiary post-derby article asserting a "shift in power" within Merseyside football on 29 October 2012.

But then you knew that didn't you, Kevin?

For those who want the FULL story, the article can be read here: Everton FC 2 Liverpool FC 2 - Greg O'Keeffe's Merseyside derby verdict (GALLERY) - Everton FC News - Everton FC - Liverpool Echo

Disappointed.

• 1 month later...

The man is utterly shameless.

'Pressure of top-four target too much for Liverpool' says club's psychiatrist Steve Peters - Premier League - Football - The Independent

The sports psychiatrist who has been employed by Liverpool to replicate the methods which have played a huge part in British Cycling's Olympic success has urged the club to make a Premier League title or top-four finish an aspiration rather than a concrete goal.

In his first public discussion of his role working with the Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, Dr Steve Peters told The Independent that 10 players have sought him out and that he believes the 23-man first-team squad will only heap unnecessary pressure on themselves by targeting a specific league position – or deciding how much longer they must wait to clinch the title which has become an Anfield obsession in the 23 years since the club last won one.

"A goal is something you must be able to control and you can't control [your place] in the league," Peters said. "It depends on how others play, not just you. You always like to influence things and influence as much as you can but accept that most things in life are a dream. They're not guaranteed to happen."

Peters, the Sheffield University scientist who was hired last October to work a day per week with Liverpool and was subsequently also appointed to work for UK Athletics with performance director Neil Black, said that his role in football created tougher challenges than those he encountered at UK Cycling, including the need to get a majority of the players to work with him. "If I go to a team with 10 people and only five work with me then I am absolutely limited in what I can do with the team," Peters said. "The [Liverpool] players are trickling in one at a time, gaining benefit, buying in and feeling it can work for them. But it has to be on an individual basis."

The 59-year-old does not view his role as one of inculcating a team ethic at Anfield. "From my perspective in sport I am not sure that's the psych's job," he said. "It is indirectly but I think the manager is the key person.

Guest davelfc

He will be fine once we've got rid of those players with any kind of ambition, making things a lot easier. We can then dream about top 4, dreams are free.