You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Training up a poor sod at work that has tried and nearly succeeded to commit suicide in the past. Got major anxiety issues so ive been tasked with putting an arm around him, which is fine by me. im no mental health champion and have been in a similar place many years ago when i was staring at a river for 30 minutes and considering riding my motorbike in it in full leathers.

I was fortunate to have a moment of clarity and realise that there is nothing in life worth taking your own for.

Poor lad, mental health issues seem to at epidemic levels these days. We all know why too.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Strange they asked me to look after him? maybe its all the pictures of chebs that i have that can bring a smile to his face.

"Where did you work before this? Oh by the way do you wanna see Kerry Katona's baccie pouch?" 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Work is a big one for me.

We get given targets and can only make x amount of mistakes, so I always think if I make a mistake  I'll end up losing my job.

I have this huge fear of losing My job and losing my house etc.Im on my own so got no one I can fall back on.

Been told today I've made 2 mistakes and manager is talking about informal action. 

Feel like crying.

If I had to go before Personnel every time I made a mistake over the years I dont think I would have spent much time doing actual work. This is scandalous behaviour and this "manager" wants booting up the arse repeatedly. Quite clearly a boss in name only.

Good wishes to you.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, redinblack said:

If I had to go before Personnel every time I made a mistake over the years I dont think I would have spent much time doing actual work. This is scandalous behaviour and this "manager" wants booting up the arse repeatedly. Quite clearly a boss in name only.

Good wishes to you.

They veer in here from output to quality 

You are meant to knock out 80 odd a day and the error ratio is something like 1 in 1200 so it can be quite stressful. 

Just spoke to the lad in the union.

He was quite good and say I was no where near getting forced out and if it got anywhere near that stage, they would just get moved.

Which has stopped me wanting to jump in the Mersey at least.

Thanks for all the replies lads.Appreciate it.

Though kerry catona would tip me over the edge

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

You are meant to knock out 80 odd a day and the error ratio is something like 1 in 1200 so it can be quite stressful. 

He was quite good and say I was no where near getting forced out and if it got anywhere near that stage, they would just get moved.

You work in the DBS mate? 

19 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Kinell! my record is 11 with some big chebbed bird in Southamton.

51 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Cool. Are they still at Princess Dock or have they moved? Started on that project when it was CRB in Exchange Flags before moving to the Dock. Was run by a fucking tyrant even then. Wanted me to extend beyond 3 months but thought fuck that.

Yep been here for years now.

There is talk we are gonna move soon because so many are working from home and the rates on this place must be extortionate. 

It's not a bad place to work tbh but where I work it's dead target driven.

And one lapse of concentration and you have made an error.

You then get put on a 'review''whicjh only adds to your anxiety and stress.

A lot depends on your manager. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No, absolutely not.  The opposite to be fair.  

Oh I don't know then

Tbh we have very ,very little contact with the top heads.

Though we did have a presentation with them at the crown plaza and half the office called covid. 

I’m going to my best friends 50th tonight. He’s probably the best person I know, and I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

All the people that will make the effort to attend are testament to how fucking brilliant he’s been as a father, husband, son, brother, colleague, and friend. 

To say I’m struggling with it though, is an understatement. I’m so angry with myself for making it about me, but the idea of walking in to the party fills me with absolute terror.

I stand up in front of people for a living, I get anxious, very nervous, extremely tired. This is another level though. It’s hard to explain, when I don’t understand it myself. 

There’s suicidal thoughts (that I will not act upon), tears, agitation, irritability. I’m also firmly in flight mode, I want all trace of me to disappear. 

I know I’m going to have to start drinking early, so I can build up the courage to get there. When I do, I know it won’t be nearly as bad as I’m currently telling myself it will be. I might even enjoy it. 

These moments will pass. Tomorrow I’ll be back slagging off perfectly acceptable breakfasts, and some beautifully appalling ones. 

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m going to my best friends 50th tonight. He’s probably the best person I know, and I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

All the people that will make the effort to attend are testament to how fucking brilliant he’s been as a father, husband, son, brother, colleague, and friend. 

To say I’m struggling with it though, is an understatement. I’m so angry with myself for making it about me, but the idea of walking in to the party fills me with absolute terror.

I stand up in front of people for a living, I get anxious, very nervous, extremely tired. This is another level though. It’s hard to explain, when I don’t understand it myself. 

There’s suicidal thoughts (that I will not act upon), tears, agitation, irritability. I’m also firmly in flight mode, I want all trace of me to disappear. 

I know I’m going to have to start drinking early, so I can build up the courage to get there. When I do, I know it won’t be nearly as bad as I’m currently telling myself it will be. I might even enjoy it. 

These moments will pass. Tomorrow I’ll be back slagging off perfectly acceptable breakfasts, and some beautifully appalling ones. 

Once you've had a few bevvies you'll be sound. I'm not a fan of party's myself, can't be arsed with small talk with people.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Cheers boys

Yep it's civil service

Told them before I've had problems with anxiety and depression and she just casually mentions I could be going down the formal route

I'll see what the union say today..they are quite good in here.

She sounds like a proper cunt mate. You're a civil servant mate, no way you can be sacked I'm sure? Get onto your union rep pronto.