You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anzhi Away 08/11

Megadrive Man

After sundays defeat we shall drop to 15 on the table. Its complete nonsense that we finish around mid table come May becuase i dont see attracting any quality players nor retaining what we currently have.

Saurez is gone next year!

Ah, but on the bright side, the $35,000,000 will be enough to bring a couple of mediocre players to Anfield. January Inflation.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why in the name of fuck do people keep moaning about central midfielders having no pace?! The fact they have no pace is one of the reasons they play where they do. If they were fast they'd play on the fucking wing. I'm faster than Xabi Alonso for fucks sake. As is Charlie Adam or Nigel Reo Coker.

Why in the name of fuck do people keep moaning about central midfielders having no pace?! The fact they have no pace is one of the reasons they play where they do. If they were fast they'd play on the fucking wing. I'm faster than Xabi Alonso for fucks sake. As is Charlie Adam or Nigel Reo Coker.

Real Madrid have arguably the slowest centre midfield in history with Alonso and Khedira!

Group K:

16/09 Liverpool-Steaua Bucuresti 4 - 1

16/09 Napoli-Utrecht 0 - 0

30/09 Steaua Bucuresti-Napoli 3 - 3

30/09 Utrecht-Liverpool 0 - 0

21/10 Napoli-Liverpool 0 - 0

21/10 Utrecht-Steaua Bucuresti 1 - 1

04/11 Liverpool-Napoli 3 - 1

04/11 Steaua Bucuresti-Utrecht 3 - 1

02/12 Steaua Bucuresti-Liverpool 1 - 1

02/12 Utrecht-Napoli 3 - 3

15/12 Liverpool-Utrecht 0 - 0

15/12 Napoli-Steaua Bucuresti 1 - 0

Standings:

1. Liverpool 6 2 4 0 8-3 10p

2. Napoli 6 1 4 1 8-9 7p

3. Steaua Bucuresti 6 1 3 2 9-11 6p

4. Utrecht 6 0 5 1 5-7 5p

Group K:

16/09 Liverpool-Steaua Bucuresti 4 - 1

16/09 Napoli-Utrecht 0 - 0

30/09 Steaua Bucuresti-Napoli 3 - 3

30/09 Utrecht-Liverpool 0 - 0

21/10 Napoli-Liverpool 0 - 0

21/10 Utrecht-Steaua Bucuresti 1 - 1

04/11 Liverpool-Napoli 3 - 1

04/11 Steaua Bucuresti-Utrecht 3 - 1

02/12 Steaua Bucuresti-Liverpool 1 - 1

02/12 Utrecht-Napoli 3 - 3

15/12 Liverpool-Utrecht 0 - 0

15/12 Napoli-Steaua Bucuresti 1 - 0

Standings:

1. Liverpool 6 2 4 0 8-3 10p

2. Napoli 6 1 4 1 8-9 7p

3. Steaua Bucuresti 6 1 3 2 9-11 6p

4. Utrecht 6 0 5 1 5-7 5p

Would you prefer it if Hodgson was still our manager?

I don't know why people are suprised at the result. The game was perfectly in pattern with all the others we've played this season. Good football pleasing to the eye that's devoid of goals. And the reason is clear as day, we've no

attackers who can score goals...no rocket science, is it? But I'm not too disappointed because, unlike some on here, I don't expect us to win the league nor even fourth place. I would be happy to avoid relegation. And above all, I'm happy to see we're building a real solid foundation for success, long term. That requires some patience and that unfortunately is not in abundant supply with Liverpool fans.

I agree.

Downing did ok today, probably enough to earn him a berth against Chelsea. Shelvey, to me, is a Championship player.

I'm sorry, but you've mixed up your players.

It irks me when people bang on about Downing putting in decent crosses, as he did once again last night, and its other players'fault for not getting to the end of them. To me, that is, in effect, giving the ball away, I mean, who crosses the ball to no one? Downing, thats who.

He was solid last night as a wing back. Nothing more. There was no urgency in his game either, no drive, no passion, he was just doing a job.

Shelvey at least looked to shoot when he could, or lifted his head for a pass. He didnt have one fo his best games, but he tries to make things happen, unlike a certain "winger" or another midfielder.

I'm sorry, but you've mixed up your players.

Downing was at his best at Boro and Villa "doing a job". Maybe we aren't getting the best out of him? He was good at getting the ball and crossing into the danger zones, and can score himself.But he is a confidence palyer whose confidence is low.

I agree that crossing to no-one is wasted possession. Equally, I feel that under KK, and certainly Rodgers, we have not been committing enough players forwards. A target man like Carroll, or Huntelaar suits him.

By any measure Downing has been poor for us. But so have Cole, Henderson and Carroll, and Reina has gone backwards. Are they all really that shit, or are we as a club not getting the best out of them?

Shelvey divides opinion. You rate him, as Hodgson does. For me he is a harum scarum midfielder who lacks class and typifies the shortcomings of the English football mentality, but his commitment wins fans over, which is fair enough.

Of course he doesn't he is just be his usual obnoxious self, taking delight in getting everyone wound up and annoyed. He enjoys annoying people and getting them pissed off, he doesn't give a fuck whether he spoils threads for everyone else, just so long as he has his fun.

No, why would I?

I thought Hodgson was useless, still he did not lose every other game like we are doing under Rodgers.

What does that tell you about our current state? Do you enjoy losing games?

For fucks sake, we sent a bunch of kids and flops to Moscow in November and we only got beat 1-0. I'm not wanking about it, but I'm happy that we played as a team and on another day would have got a result.

I thought Morgan was excellent at times, big ask for a young lad to play off Joe Cole in Moscow and impress, but he did it at times.

For fucks sake, we sent a bunch of kids and flops to Moscow in November and we only got beat 1-0. I'm not wanking about it, but I'm happy that we played as a team and on another day would have got a result.

I thought Morgan was excellent at times, big ask for a young lad to play off Joe Cole in Moscow and impress, but he did it at times.

I thought he looked like a kid playing against men. Big strong, African Shithouse men. Which is exactly what he was doing, and what he is.

Thing is, the kids did so well that if we had to remove the flops and put a few under 18s in we could have maybe come away with a result. Thats my gripe, that and our wafer thin squad.