You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anzhi Away 08/11

Megadrive Man

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss

The entire game summed up with Shelvey's freekick effort. Oh well, we're still in the competition regardless and some players have had a bit of needed first team experience.

Its amazing how much better Suso plays when he's central.

Wonder if the manager has noticed

I'm sure he did but we're well stocked in centre mid so Suso is still down the pecking order.

The experience he's getting out wide will stand him in good stead but I've no doubt Suso will end up in the middle.

I honestly can't take much more of watching Cole, Downing and Henderson play for this club. 3 cunts, 3 terrible players, 3 times the horror every time I see them on the park. These cunts got Kenny the sack and Rodgers deserves everything that comes his way if he persists with them. Awful stuff on show here tonight..

Agreed its a truly depressing sight ...though the bit about Rodgers persisting with them , he has no choice but to play them in these sort of games , its not like they are anywhere near our first 11.

A 1-0 defeat is no disgrace against a good, well managed , side . The game also gives Rodgers some vital euro experience.

Looking beyond the result I was hoping to see a bit more from some of those playing. Cole just isn’t up to it any more, Henderson possibly never was, Morgan is not an emerging striking talent screaming to be given a first team run either.

All is not lost, but Rodgers will need to get something from Young Boys. Our challenge is in finding players good enough to convert possession into goals. At the moment only Luis can do that, and that is not enough.

I just got in from work watched the last half hour, totally insipid. When Suso looks up to make a though ball he must think 'fuck me what's point'. Just nothing up front what so ever.

It's great that the young players are getting game time but surely it would be better to intergrate them with some decent guys around them rather than throwing them in at the deep end.

That was a bit rubbish. Obviously we went there to play for a point and we were doing well until Coates lost his mind for a second. We would've annihilated them if we played our best team.

Still, six points to play for and we should get through the group fairly comfortably.