You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

George Sephton Appreciation Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Can't remember a time when he didn't do it, Remember going to the opening match of the season quite a few yrs ago & some idiot was giving it the big yank style speech people were looking at each other saying were the fuck did we get this clown from I can only assume DJ George was on holiday as at the next home game George was back

Can't remember a time when he didn't do it, Remember going to the opening match of the season quite a few yrs ago & some idiot was giving it the big yank style speech people were looking at each other saying were the fuck did we get this clown from I can only assume DJ George was on holiday as at the next home game George was back

We went through a period where George became the warm-up act to some twat from Radio City who most people hated. Gerorge is class.

We went through a period where George became the warm-up act to some twat from Radio City who most people hated. Gerorge is class.

Shocking leave it to the people who know what they are doing.

I'm surprised that he hasn't been approached by a local radio station though

I know George very well, and I can tell you he is an utterly fabulous gentlemen.  I did on the odd occasion get invited onto the gantry for games when he was based up there next to the hospital radio and Dennis Law.  Those were the days when it was easy to get a request read out as well.  

George has some great stories about his escapades with the team in the 70s and 80s, going with the team over to European games.  

• Upvote 3

I know George very well, and I can tell you he is an utterly fabulous gentlemen.  I did on the odd occasion get invited onto the gantry for games when he was based up there next to the hospital radio and Dennis Law.  Those were the days when it was easy to get a request read out as well.  

George has some great stories about his escapades with the team in the 70s and 80s, going with the team over to European games.  

Ladies and gentlemen, for this evening's performance, Xerxes will be played by Stringvest...

Actually, it's good to hear that he's every bit a nice guy as he sounds.

Yeah, stringers, is there anyone you dont know?

George just is part of the match going experience. End of

Ladies and gentlemen, for this evening's performance, Xerxes will be played by Stringvest...

Actually, it's good to hear that he's every bit a nice guy as he sounds.

Only because I used to work with George, and he used to give me a lift to work every day.  The only reason I contributed is to underline what a great guy he is at and away from the club.  

Unlike the stupid screaming and shouting made for sky style hyperbole announcers at most grounds, the man goes about his business in a classy, understated and totally effective manner.

Class act.

I always wonder if they use that voice away from the ground as well. "Pass us the SALT, dear!!!!" Cue: Chumbawamba.

Guest davelfc

Long may he continue, although in my little area of the paddock he's nearly always muffled and I cannot understand most of what he says. Not his fault, crap speaker positions. 

Just love his understatements " some interesting half times coming in "

You just knew the Blueshite and Mancs were getting turned over........

I miss the days when the half time/full time scores from George were news. These days so many people have their phones in their hands throughout the whole game that you always know the other scores - and actually, half the time our games are at 12:45 or 16:00 and there aren't even any other games in progress at the same time.

One of football's small and simple pleasures is getting in to Anfield dead early and hearing George come over the tannoy, listening to him and his choice music and watching the atmosphere build.

• Upvote 1