You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

5 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I’m not trying to change anybody’s opinion or defend him, I’m just observing that he’s an interesting phenomenon in British politics. I can’t recall a previous situation where an ex SPAD has been either so vengeful or seemingly so powerful.

It’s a new 3 way dynamic where we almost have a one man political party alongside the opposition. 

He’s like a less scruffy Steve Bannon. 

7 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I think it’s partly tribal, the party faithful are circling the wagons rather than let the media and Labour bring down the their leader. For the wider electorate, a lot of people don’t want to admit they may have been wrong. He was hugely popular and they don’t want to be told they were idiots for voting fir him.

The worse attack is to call him an immoral corrupt idiot etc because by inference you are saying his voters were idiots as well. Acknowledging his superficial appeal has to be part of the attack strategy. I think Starmer was on to something with the “he’s funny but he’s not a serious man” line but that seems to have been dropped. 

I don't know..I think the lying point was starting to break through,as I lost count of the number of times I heard people say on the radio  I can't believe he lied.

Imho this is the point labour should hammer home and get the mesdege across that if he can lie about this,what else is he hiding?

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

How come the only person who keeps banging on about a war is this cunt? I haven’t heard anyone else say it really.

As much as I'd like to lump more criticism on the corrupt liar, I don't think it's accurate to say he's the only one, mate. It's pretty much in every single paper and every single leader of a NATO country has been talking about it. 

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

How come the only person who keeps banging on about a war is this cunt? I haven’t heard anyone else say it really.

Not the only one commenting on it, but along with Truss seems to be the main one stirring the pot with unhelpful rhetoric for his own ends.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

Not the only one commenting on it, but along with Truss seems to be the main one stirring the pot with unhelpful rhetoric for his own ends.

This is exactly what I meant. Biggest war in Europe since 1945. How is that helping the situation at all?

Looks like at least one of the partygate photos had been photoshopped. Rumours that the police are now thinking about charges of perverting the course of justice against the Daily mirror reporter. 

I think the people trying to get rid of him have overplayed their hand and in doing so have ceded the moral high ground.

Increasing talk in the party that’s it’s all being exaggerated by Remainers, the BBC etc. No new no confidence letters for a week now. I  think he’s going to be allowed to stay to fight the may elections at least. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, PestiRed said:

Feels like it, barely a mention of the U.K. in the European papers. It’s all Macron & Scholz whereas a few years back they would have been looking to the British response

I guess because Britain is no longer part of the EU. We're only involved because of NATO.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Looks like at least one of the partygate photos had been photoshopped. The police are now thinking about charges of perverting the course of justice against the Daily mirror reporters. 

I've been thinking that might somehow get put out there. Not because I thought the photos might be photoshopped, they might be, but because these bastards would try anything to get the lying piece of shit off the hook.

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The speaker is a fucking cunt. He's allowing questions about taxi's, cycle lanes etc but wouldn't allow this. No wonder this drunken fat floppy haired scruffy waffling cunt is still in power 

He also slapped down Caroline Lucas for taking too long to ask a question, when she was being continually jeered by the oafs opposite as she was asking the question.

No wonder the Tories were so keen to replace Bercow with him.

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The speaker is a fucking cunt. He's allowing questions about taxi's, cycle lanes etc but wouldn't allow this. No wonder this drunken fat floppy haired scruffy waffling cunt is still in power 

When he made the slur against starmer he said fuck up,and then admonished him 3 days later when he wasn't even there.

Utter fucking waste of space