You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest LFD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was my ol fella's shout tbh, only quickly checked wiki and they had him down as playing 'test cricket' to '76-77.

Only when I checked somewhere else I noticed the discrepency.

Wouldn't have been cricket to have kept quiet.

Bob Simpson came back and captained Australia in Test cricket in the 70's . He did not play WSC , he actually captained the test team.

Edit: Just checked my facts

Bob Simpson | Australia Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

The 24 hour pick rule has worked very well too, fair play to LFD for that.

Without that rule, we'd never get it finished. I think we'dstill be on pick two or three!

Anyone fancy a similar thing with Rugby after the cricket?

I will.

Was going to do a ODI version of this, but we can do rugby next to break it up from cricket for a bit.

Guest Pistonbroke

Jaz PM'ed.

Went for Chris Cairns as my all rounder, gives me more fast bowling options as Waugh will give me another option of medium off break.

Got other players i might have picked ahead of him but he was the most likely to get snapped up imo.

That's four Khan's selected in the draft so far!

Re: Voting.

I think the voting has to be available to all members on here, as we want as many people voting as possible to get the best chance of the right team winning.

I know Pistonbroke you only want cricket fans voting. But who is to say who is or isn't a cricket fan. I think everyoneis entitled to vote!

Guest Pistonbroke

Bastard, Zaheer Kahn was a left armed fast bowler i wanted but i thought if i picked the more obvious Cairns and hoped Kahn would last a bit longer.

That's four Khan's selected in the draft so far!

Re: Voting.

I think the voting has to be available to all members on here, as we want as many people voting as possible to get the best chance of the right team winning.

I know Pistonbroke you only want cricket fans voting. But who is to say who is or isn't a cricket fan. I think everyoneis entitled to vote!

I think we can safely assume that the vast majority of people that can be arsed to look at a cricket thread will indeed be cricket fans.

I, for example, won't be voting in the rugby one after this.

Bastard, Zaheer Kahn was a left armed fast bowler i wanted but i thought if i picked the more obvious Cairns and hoped Kahn would last a bit longer.

Had to be done!

Thilan Samaraweera

Still not had to pick a batsman that averages under 50 in test cricket. Was going to leave this 'till next time and hope it stayed under the radar (to pick up someone I still want that's available and is a bit more of a name) but couldn't risk it. A motherfucker that just wore you down and refused to give it away easy. Holds the world record for a 4th wicket partnship.

Gone for a boom or bust guy in Atapattu, great technique for an opener who played a glorious cover drive.

Boom or bust is right. I think the critical score for him was around 30, where if he managed to make it to 30, his average was 80-something ridiculous, scoring a lot of double tons. His problem was he also had a very high number of scores in single figures. Lovely player to watch though.

What are people's views on players who were injury prone, but still managed to get a respectable record over a decent period of time? So whilst they may not have had as many opportunities to show what they can do, they took the ones presented to them despite a number of setbacks.

I just thought there are a few players who would fall into that category and it's worth mentioning it as we approach these last few picks.

Some really good choices recently, but again, still a shitload of good ones still out there.