You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest LFD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we going to have an ODI version of this? Really enjoying it

The plan is to do a ODI one if this goes well.

Then if that goes well and people want to do another we can do an Ashes one.

Guest Pistonbroke
There are still some very good picks left. When we go head to head I reckon the last pick or two will end up being the deciding factor in a lot of the ties.

That and the fact some people will vote regardless of who has which players. Or will the voting be only be those who are playing?

Guest Pistonbroke
Not sure, that's a good question.

Think we were not allowed to vote for our own sides though which makes sense.

I agree with not voting for your own team, i also think the voting should be by those who are participating and have an interest in cricket, otherwise it could end up a farce. All fun though. If we had an app expert we could have programmed an app to except all the teams and worked out which team would win the game taking on board all the conditions.

Guest Pistonbroke
You don't need an app for that Gord. You need my team.

After mine....goes without saying..

TBH i can see quite a few good teams shaping up. It will all come down to balance in the end, and like you say, the last 2/3 picks could prove to be vital.

It would be great do do this and have a panel of x/current players giving their input.

Guest Pistonbroke
As Gord says though there are some picks that 'fans' will appreciate their brilliance while the casual observer will have never heard of them.

Really looking forward to this getting to the knock out phase.

The 24 hour pick rule has worked very well too, fair play to LFD for that.

I agree, seems like a fair balance. You have to give people enough time to get their pick in but also keep the game ticking over. fair play to LSD...oops...LFD.

The knock out phase should be very interesting. I think everyone who votes should have to give their reasons why they vote and not just vote and fuck off. That way the voting is being kept to cricket fans.

After mine....goes without saying..

TBH i can see quite a few good teams shaping up. It will all come down to balance in the end' date=' and like you say, the last 2/3 picks could prove to be vital.

It would be great do do this and have a panel of x/current players giving their input.[/quote']

I'd love to see the Sky Sports/TMS guys do the same draft, would be class. Great lunch time viewing/listening over a summer.

Guest Pistonbroke
I'd love to see the Sky Sports/TMS guys do the same draft, would be class. Great lunch time viewing/listening over a summer.

They should do it, a great format for a cricket programme.