You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Brom away Carling Cup thread

fowler9

strangely looking forward to this after an encouraging performance yesturday and another chance to see the lads who played in the Europa game, assume it counts for Jonjo's ban too which is a bonus

-----------Jones-----------

Wisdom--Coates--Carra-Robinson

--Henderson--Sahin--Suso------

Pacheco----Yesil----------Assaidi

subs

Gulacsi

Wilson

Flanagan

Allen

Downing

Sterling

Morgan

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is rumours that Jerome Sinclair will travel with the squad to the Hawthorns. He might as well be on the bench. Exiting if it is true, he'll become our youngest player of all times if he makes his debut tonight. From what I have seen of him, he looks like a talented player.

Yeah, the Independent have it on their website:

After celebrating his 16th birthday last week, Jerome Sinclair could become the youngest ever player to represent Liverpool tonight.

It is understood that manager Brendan Rodgers is considering naming the 16-year-old among his substitutes for the Capital One Cup tie away at West Brom.

At 16 years and six days old, Sinclair would easily beat the current record, held by Jack Robinson who made his debut at the age of 16 years and 250 days against Hull in May 2010.

Sinclair joined the Reds two years ago, ironically from West Brom, and after impressing for Liverpool's under-16s, was recently promoted to the under-18s squad. In July, he came off the bench to score a hat-trick in an under-18s pre-season friendly against Exeter.

Should Sinclair feature tonight in what is sure to be a much changed line-up from the Liverpool side that lost 2-1 to Manchester United at the weekend, it will continue Brendan Rodgers' trend of blooding youngsters since taking over in the summer.

The Northern Irish manager promoted Raheem Sterling to the starting line-up earlier this season, and was rewarded with performances which saw the 17-year-old called-up to the England squad. Sterling's appearance against Manchester United on Sunday made him the youngest player to feature in the fixture against their great rivals.

Other players given an opportunity early in their Liverpool career include Michael Owen, who was 17 years and 143 days when he made his Premier League debut, Robbie Fowler at 18 years and 169 days and Steven Gerrard at 18 years and 182 days.

Jerome Sinclair could become Liverpool's youngest ever player after impressing for youth squad - FA & League Cups - Football - The Independent

Obviously we can't pin all our goalscoring hopes on a 16 year old or an 18 year old like Yesil, but it would very encouraging if either could demonstrate the sort of instinctive forward play in the opposition box we've badly lacked for the past 18 months and take their oppurtunities like Sterling and Suso have. Might be worth a spot on the bench for future games if either do well tonight.

I don't care if it is 'only' the League Cup, I want to win tonight and get back to Wembley.

Anybody what channels is this on tonight, by the way?

Only asking because the League Cup game against Chelsea was on some really mad one and even the haunts I can usually depend on for the blag channels let me down and I ended up missing the first twenty minutes before piling into a boozer that was absolutely packed to the rafters.

Still debating whether I can be arsed going out to the pub for this one or to just sit off in ours with a stream on the laptop and a chippy tea.

also forgot Cole is back in training when I posted my team, know he isn't very popular on here and has mainly been gash for us but the money we are paying him we might as well play him in games like this and try get him back in form however unlikely it is, if we can make him half the player he used to be he'll be an asset