You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

But.....he is too agressive....Yes, he put 2 or 3 good performances in recent weeks, but I remember that he looked in some of the games earlier this season that he has red card in him.

It's good he has aggression, exactly what this club needs, some aggression and fight on the pitch.

sterlin had a few opportunities to roll about but got straight up. fair play to the lad as i hate to see cheating but part of me wonders why we dont follow suit more often.

I've been really impressed at how well Sterling has taken so much of a battering in the last few games. Didn't think his small diminutive body would be up to ask, but his taken a hell of a lot of battering in a short amount of games. Worrying though as some cunt could injure him.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was discussed on TAW, and it was mentioned that one of them saw Halsey at a small benefit thrown by Ferguson not long back.

Another aspect was that Halsey has to be certain before he sends a player off, but Halsey had to chat through the intercom to come to his decision. What could a linesman have possibly seen that Halsey couldn't? Fucking bollocks, he got some sweet nothing's whisped in his ear by Rio Luther King, and hey presto, red card. Totally inept, he shat himself and sided with the Mancs because that's the get-out-of-jail decision, because United and a ferguson will always fight your corner and win.

Begs the question rather.

Have a listen, the fella makes a better job of making it sound pretty dodgy than I do.

But the same reffing rule applies though, when in doubt...back united. You get to keep your job that way. Had it been the other way around then Halsey would be reffing an under 14 match in the Isle of Man next week.

If you watch the replay carefully, Halsey starts to lead Shelvey away by the waist and starts to go into his top pocket.

Then fanny lips starts speaking down his ear (Shelvey reacts angrily to this) and then Halsey starts to hold his finger to his ear (I can only imagine to hear something being said clearer). It's at that point he gets the red out.

I'm pretty sure Evans reaction, Fanny Lips words and what ever Fergie said to the 4th official probably played a HUGE part in Shelvey being sent off. Fucking awful decision.

Quite.

Not that it will ever get any recognition, but this is basically how football is run, at least while that vile prick sits over it casting his verdict. Fergucunt will have been straight over to the 4th official while all the camera's focus on the melee of players. This gives him his 15 seconds to let the officials know what he thinks the decision needs to be. The power this verminous creature wields over English football will not be truly believed until the horrible, bitter cunt is no longer part of it.

I watched the tackle again on slown motion here:

GIF: Jonjo Shelvey's brutal tackle on Jonny Evans (Liverpool v Manchester United) | Football goal videos, highlights & clips - 101GG

It's obvious that the sex offender Johnny Evans should be getting the red card as he is the one going with both feet.

Yet, the Club is doing NOTHING to protect the team from the FA. Ian Ayre please resign you glorified moron.

GIF: Jonjo Shelvey's brutal tackle on Jonny Evans (Liverpool v Manchester United) | Football goal videos, highlights & clips - 101GG

It's obvious that the sex offender Johnny Evans should be getting the red card as he is the one going with both feet.

Yet, the Club is doing NOTHING to protect the team from the FA. Ian Ayre please resign you glorified moron.

Weird isn't it, I know he's left footed but attacking the ball from that angle and wanting to knock the ball away from goal a legal challenge from Evans would see his right foot forwards and his left back as the trailing leg. If Evans made a legal challenge Jonjo's foot wouldn't even make contact with him after they both hit the ball.

The only reason he got hurt was because he jumped in with both feet. Yet Jonjo is the one who sees red.

This was discussed on TAW, and it was mentioned that one of them saw Halsey at a small benefit thrown by Ferguson not long back.

Another aspect was that Halsey has to be certain before he sends a player off, but Halsey had to chat through the intercom to come to his decision. What could a linesman have possibly seen that Halsey couldn't? Fucking bollocks, he got some sweet nothing's whisped in his ear by Rio Luther King, and hey presto, red card. Totally inept, he shat himself and sided with the Mancs because that's the get-out-of-jail decision, because United and a ferguson will always fight your corner and win.

Unless it was the linesman on the opposite side of the pitch from the technical areas? Good point though, Halsey was in a good a spot as you would expect from an official!

Looks to me from this that Shelvey barely makes contact with Evans, while Evans' right studs make full contact with Shelvey's right calf. Halsey couldn't have had a clearer view of it either. Unbelievable.

Why are we laying down over this? Why haven't we appealed the red card? It's as clear as day that Halsey made a mistake, taking this without appealing just makes it easier for them to screw us in the future.

Why are we laying down over this? Why haven't we appealed the red card? It's as clear as day that Halsey made a mistake, taking this without appealing just makes it easier for them to screw us in the future.

I'm not sure about it - given the level of support given to the decision by the myopic cunts working in punditry etc, there's absolutely no pressure on the FA to rescind the decision. They very rarely do uphold appeals for red cards - and only when everyone left, right and centre is screaming that the decision stinks.

My biggest opposition to the red was that Jonny Evans should have been sent off as well - and you can't retrospectively appeal for an opponent to be red carded. He could be cited (or whatever it's called) for dangerous behaviour, but that's outside of our control and I'm not holding my breath. As I said on the MF about it - I'm fine with Shelvey being sent off if the referee is applying the letter of the law. I just think it stinks that he only bothered to do that with one player, and gave the other the benefit of the doubt.

It was not a clever tackle by Shelvey. Evans was not better (probably worse), but touched the ball first and therefore got away with it.

BUT- regardless of Evans' actions, flying in to the tackle the way Shelvey did was not clever.

Hopefully Shelvey will learn and manage to play with agression while avoiding recklessness. He is still young and if he can develop the good aspects of his game and temper the bad he can be a very good midfielder for us for years to come.

Maybe I expected Halsey to watch it again and conclude that both were as bad as each other and that the red card was harsh on one. Are we at least asking the ref to look at it again.

Maybe I expected Halsey to watch it again and conclude that both were as bad as each other and that the red card was harsh on one. Are we at least asking the ref to look at it again.

As Evans was given nothing they can retrospectively punish him on the basis of not having seen it, right? Not that they will mind you....

Noticeable that Fergie in the post match interview did not deny that Evans made a horror tackle- just said he got the ball first as if that makes everything ok.

It was not a clever tackle by Shelvey. Evans was not better (probably worse)' date=' but touched the ball first and therefore got away with it.

BUT- regardless of Evans' actions, flying in to the tackle the way Shelvey did was not clever.

Hopefully Shelvey will learn and manage to play with agression while avoiding recklessness. He is still young and if he can develop the good aspects of his game and temper the bad he can be a very good midfielder for us for years to come.[/quote']

I loved how up for the game he was. Players can reign it in a bit with experience - look at Gerrard - but you can't coach aggression and determination.

He's fearless, and I'm starting to see a really good player develop. Why we signed Henderson I'll never know...