You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manc's. Anfield Sunday 23rd 1:30pm

The Chef

Evidence or fuck off.

reported in the Daily Mail. Liverpool and Manchester United fans break fragile peace | Mail Online

How accurate? - remains to be seen. Hence the term 'appear to be' true.

But that's all by the by. ONE idiot on either side is just one idiot. But the United chanting wasn't that... it was a concerted crowd. Lifetime ban for every identifiable fan - and many are clearly identifiable. The footage is damn clear.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick to death of reading post after post blaming referees decisons on another loss.

Liverpool's STATURE was built on results. Nothing else builds stature. We are the greatest club in the history of the game because we won everything, and we kept on winning, even in the face of adversity.

We start winning, for the sake of continuity, or we lose another manager.

Im sorry but thats bollocks, whilst there is a need to win in the face of any adversity, the refs performance today was absolutely ridiculous.

Astonished by Lawrenson's comments on MOTD2 - "Halsey spot on; 10/10". How he can completely gloss over the two-footed challenge by Evans and ignore the other obviously controversial decisions is staggering. Many United fans are prepared to grudgingly admit they undeservedly got the benefit of every major decision today. What an absolutely laughable "analysis". Gary Neville, incredibly, provided a more balanced account on Sky.

As a club we need to start systematically challenging officials when they make poor decisions as there doesn't appear to be any accountability whatsoever. Suarez is routinely being denied legitimate penalty claims and that will have a profound impact on our final points haul if it goes unchecked. Rodgers should be putting more pressure on officials in his pre-match press conferences in order to set the tone. Repeatedly highlighting the lack of protection that Suarez receives and the harsh cards he is picking up. Referees are human and will be influenced by that type of thing. We can't depend on the media to call out referees even when they make appalling decisions.

It's pointless. You can't fight the system. It's crap, it's unjust, but it's how it is.

Im sorry but thats bollocks, whilst there is a need to win in the face of any adversity, the refs performance today was absolutely ridiculous.

Answer me this then: how many minutes was the game played for? How many minutes of bad decision making was taken up by the referee? What did we do as a team for the rest of the game, for the remainder of the time that we played football?

According to his weekly reflections on .tv, Ayre had good time at the game.

I bet at the end of the season, he'll do the round of the pitch with a trophy for the "highest wage reduction" achievement, while the FSG board members and shareholders will be wanking in the stands. Henry will be wanking with cigars in his mouth.

Answer me this then: how many minutes was the game played for? How many minutes of bad decision making was taken up by the referee? What did we do as a team for the rest of the game, for the remainder of the time that we played football?

We played almost an hour with 10 players because of the red. He gave them a goal too courtesy of a penalty. What do you expect any team to do in these circumstances?

Just watched the match...

Thought Liverpool looked by far the better team, especially first half, but even in the second half, Liverpool looked very good.

I thought the sending off was harsh. I can see why it was given, but I don't think it was done with any malice, looked like an over enthusiastic 50/50 challenge, yellow card and a serious talking to that it was close to a red. Probably a yellow for United too.

The scoreline wasn't a fair reflection... I think 1-0 to Liverpool would have more accurately reflected the game, but you don't need me to tell you how Lady Luck favours the FA's uber darlings.

The remembrance aspects LOOKED to be impeccably observed, but sickening after match footage paints a very sorry picture for United fans. We aren't talking one or two, but a considerable majority (admittedly, the element that will attend Liverpool v United are more likely to be 'extreme').

Rumours of an ejected Liverpool fan making plane gestures appear to be true, but it was one moron - and every club has them. To try and justify that moron's plane gesture as a valid catalyst for United's response would be laughable (were it not so sad).

I'd ban the Liverpool fan for life.

I'd ban every identifiable United fan seen chanting for life too.

The best team lost today, but paradoxically, I think the performance should give much hope for optimism.

A pretty fair summation.

It was never a red card in a million years, it wasn't even a booking. Evans did worse in that challenge by going with both feet off the ground than Shelvey did with one. Disgraceful decision.

Suarez wasn't a penalty for me, as I think the defender just got a toe on it - and there wasn't enough contact, but Valencia's was a total dive.

Annoying as fuck.

We need to start winning, and quickly.

Guest ShoePiss

Unbelievable but I missed this game, had climbing Mt.St.Helens planned since February and was hoping all along that we'd be playing on the Saturday. Anyway, if someone has a download for the game I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Create and use enough chances to make it meaningless.

Come on man, you're being ridiculous. We're playing one of the best teams in the country, play with 10 men for over half the game due to a bad sending off, and concede the winner due to a dive that was never a penalty.

You can't recognise that the ref made it a bit tough for us there? Jeez.

I seem to be the only one seriously not worried

I dont think people are worried, they are angry.

Angry at losing a game we should have won, angry with them set of cunts singing what they sang, and most of all - angry with the lack of investment in a team which is embarrassingly thin.

These guys have some nerve. To leave us with no striker and expect us to get on with it. I have no time for these owners and wish they would fuck off yesterday. I feel sorry for Rodgers.

Mourinho came out yesterday and said we are a million miles away from being competitive and that Brendan Rodgers is being expected to perform miracles. I agree with him. Become top four on a £20m budget? Fuck off.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
My worry is we will revert to type (style of play) and go in search of short term results over long term gain.

Not a chance. This style of play is here to stay. I suspect we could lose every game from now 'til Christmas before changing the style of play.

There might be a switch up in formation now and then, due to a lack of players, but the style of play is just about the best thing we're doing at the moment.

Come on man, you're being ridiculous. We're playing one of the best teams in the country, play with 10 men for over half the game due to a bad sending off, and concede the winner due to a dive that was never a penalty.You can't recognise that the ref made it a bit tough for us there?

There are two separate issues here. Both the decisions you cite are part of refereeing, some you get some you don't. We are perfectlly entitled to moan about those decisions which do not go our way. BUT, when a mentality creeps in that adverse results are down to someone else, and not the players and manager, you have a team that is doomed. That is what happened to Kenny in the second half of last season. It is the players and manager who will make the difference.

Like Walton Red, my panic button still has the safety catch on. There is a long way to go, the team played quite well, and Rodgers will pick up what he needs to change soon enough.

Thi next trio of games will define how the first half of the season looks.We could/should get 12 points and the table will look just fine going into the Everton game. If we fail to win any and then get beaten by Everton the heat will be on. My guess is that we will get at least five points from nine.